Welcome to the Bug Reporting page! Please refer to these tips when submitting new bug reports:
1. Browse the known issues section or check if another user previously posted about a similar issue.
2. Upvoting posts help us understand how many players are experiencing the bug.
3. Refer to the Best Practices to learn how to write a bug report.
4. File each issue separately if you’ve encountered multiple issues.

Rejected: DUPLICATE for accepted portals

A substantial number of 'accepted' portals don't go live... roughly 1/4 of approvals.

There is no feedback in wayfarer on why they didn't go live?

I've tried resubmitting a few and gotten rejection reason: DUPLICATE.

I think 'accepted' portals show in wayfarer as if they were live?

Is there a way to appeal accepted portals?

0 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• patsufredo-PGOpatsufredo-PGO Posts: 4,215 ✭✭✭✭✭

When did the Portal accepted? I recall there is another sync issue in Ingress recently.

If that accepted Portal is within 20m by another live Portal, then it won't appear in Ingress of course.

• HankWolfman-PGOHankWolfman-PGO Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭✭✭

When you're submitting nominations, you're not submitting Portals or Pokéstops, you're submitting wayspots. If accepted, these wayspots get immediately added to the Lightship database. When reviewers are looking at the check for duplicates map, they see all wayspots in this database around the area of the submission, regardless of whether they appear in any games or not.

Each game has its own proximity rule. If a new wayspot is within 20 metres of an existing Portal, it cannot show up in Ingress. Likewise, if it's in a level 17 S2 cell that is already occupied by a Pokéstop or Gym, it can't show up in Pokémon Go. It is still in the database though and may be used in the future for other games or projects.

• 26thDoctor-PGO26thDoctor-PGO Posts: 4,924 ✭✭✭✭✭

Following on from @HankWolfman-PGO 's advice.

It looks like You had the Google Gong accepted but Yoshka's Bridge stopped it showing in either Ingress or Go.

It would come up for reviewers who saw it on your second submission and marked it, correctly, as a duplicate.

• phthoruth-INGphthoruth-ING Posts: 36 ✭✭
    edited December 2022

Thanks for the pointers. I installed WF app and can see all my missing portals.

Is location the only reason they don't go live?

Some of them are substantially large 'wayspots'... on the order of 60' long walls/murals. Is it possible to edit the location of a 'wayspot' to allow better spacing?

I stood next to one today and it is 30 meters from the nearest portal. But the way spot location that was accepted seems to be closer than that.

Or can a way spot be removed? As is, if I try to resubmit them, or a plaque that goes with them, they get rejected as 'duplicate', even though they are not live portals.

Another agent got this community center accepted but not live.

I tried submitting it from the red X so it would be properly spaced, but got a rejection for being duplicate.

Is there a solution?

Mostly the inclusion rules are the reason for something being accepted and not appearing. Very occasionally some things are blocked but it's rare.

Everything that is accepted is 'live' in the Lightship system. A resubmit will be marked as duplicate because reviewers can see it when they are reviewing even if we can't see it it in any game.

For location edits you can try to move something although technically you are only supposed to edit a location to move it to its 'proper' location :)

I would check the Wayfarer app and IITC which will show you S2 cells for future submissions.

They may lock this thread now since we are not supposed to mention S2 cells.

I know it's absurd but apologies if the thread is locked.

I had another wayspot accepted in this park, but it did not go live in Ingress. When I submitted it, I checked that it is at least 20m away from any other portals. But it got moved during the review?

Its a bocce court, which is a long sand pit. 26.5m long to be exact. Next to it is a horseshoe pit. The horseshoe pit wayspot is actually in the wrong location, pointing to the west end of the bocce ball court. But I had submitted the bocce to be at the other end of the court so it would be far enough away.

During review, the wayspot for bocce was moved to be in exactly the location as the horseshoe pit.

Theres no way to get these portals live, or for future people submitting portals, to know that they are already duplicate way spots in the wrong location?

Another agent got this community center accepted but not live.

I tried submitting it from the red X so it would be properly spaced, but got a rejection for being duplicate.

Is there a solution?

If it's in the database it will come up as already existing for reviewers on future submissions and they'll mark it as duplicate.