Nomination rejected for mismatch, temporary and Title - How to address in future?

rufoushumming-PGOrufoushumming-PGO Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi experts

This picnic table - embedded into Concrete has been tagged as temporary or seasonal

The Mismatch excuse. No it is not mismatched. It is spot on.

So I will ignore the first two excuses as irrational reviewers in the normal rush and not pay attention pool and concentrate on this....

The title/description. I could just say it is a picnic table. But I like knowing about where something is. Do I just say. Picnic Table.

I am interested in how I address such rejection criteria.

Thank you

Centennial Park Randwick Pond Picnic Table

Centennial Park NSW

NOT ACCEPTED

2022-11-20

Rejection Criteria

Temporary or Seasonal Display

Mismatched Location

Description

Picnic Table situated under a tree overlooking the Randwick Pond and close to Parkes Drive. Centennial Park has picnic tables scattered around including 12 bookable sites. This is not a bookable site. Centennial Park covers some 189 hectares, was landscaped in a "Grand European" style and is a place to exercise, relax and explore.

36WM+MX Centennial Park NSW, Australia

Supplemental Information

Comments

• 26thDoctor-PGO26thDoctor-PGO Posts: 4,932 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi, not an expert but I would definitely try to improve the pictures.

Straight on and a bit closer for the main pic. Not too close, show the green surroundings but have the picnic area as the main focus not the tree and shadow.

The same for support but a bit wider try to show some paths, the lake/river that's in the background.

For the description I'd maybe try something more along the lines of

Picnic Table situated under a tree overlooking the Randwick Pond and close to Parkes Drive. Centennial Park has picnic tables scattered around including 12 bookable sites. This is not a bookable site. Centennial Park covers some 189 hectares, was landscaped in a "Grand European" style and is a place to exercise, relax and explore.

to

Picnic Table in Centennial Park overlooking the Randwick Pond. Centennial Park covers some 189 hectares, the whole park was landscaped in a "Grand European" style and is a place to exercise, relax and explore.

Either way they are still quite tricky to get accepted.

Good luck.

• 26thDoctor-PGO26thDoctor-PGO Posts: 4,932 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry

Description

Picnic Table in Centennial Park overlooking Randwick Pond.

Support

Resting spot in Centennial Park. (Maybe a bit of info about that area of the park.) Centennial Park covers some 189 hectares, the whole park was landscaped in a "Grand European" style and is a place to exercise, relax and explore.

• Elijustrying-INGElijustrying-ING Posts: 5,486 Ambassador

I think starting with what it is works best.

i would avoid picnic table. This focuses the nomination on a very standard simple object. There are 2 tables on a hard standing base. So I think it is reasonable to describe it as a picnic area

i agree that try for a picture that has more of tables and less of the trees.

I think I found it on street view, but talk the reviewer through the info in supplementary eg the line of trees along Parkes Drive can be seen

• HaramDingo-INGHaramDingo-ING Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭✭✭

Edit this:

Everything crossed out is irrelevant to the actual picnic table itself. Just like the cafe in Malabar, you have the introductory sentence about the picnic table (which is good enough as is) and then jeer off talking about the park instead for three further sentences.

Link Tintino's criteria clarification as what most submitters do for picnic tables to reinforce and remind reviewers of its eligibility.

Keep it very simple. Unless the local "irrational reviewers" have something against you and your style of nominating, then there is no other advice I can give that you may take into account.

P.S. I just realised it's not just one picnic table, there are two. Just very very close to each other.

• MargariteDVille-INGMargariteDVille-ING Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭✭✭

Picnic Area at Centennial Park Randwick Pond 

Great place to meet family and friends for a picnic in a serene setting. Lots to explore - it's under a sprawling oak tree near the pond in Centennial Park. And lots of room to run and play in the grass.

Supporting:

Centennial Park covers some 189 hectares, was landscaped in a "Grand European" style and is a place to exercise, relax and explore. These picnic tables are a great "home base" for a group to enjoy the park and each other.

• rufoushumming-PGOrufoushumming-PGO Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭✭✭

Always love your help guys.

Thank you ;-)

• Cowyn2016-PGOCowyn2016-PGO Posts: 597 ✭✭✭✭✭

I can't tell from the pictures, but if those tables are fixed to that cement slab and are not-movible I'd take my supplemental photo of the fixtures and that would eliminate any temporary arguement