Welcome to the Bug Reporting page! Please refer to these tips when submitting new bug reports:
1. Browse the known issues section or check if another user previously posted about a similar issue.
2. Upvoting posts help us understand how many players are experiencing the bug.
3. Refer to the Best Practices to learn how to write a bug report.
4. File each issue separately if you’ve encountered multiple issues.

Reviewer rating dropped for no good reason

Comments

• GorgorBlaine-PGOGorgorBlaine-PGO Posts: 1 ✭✭

My rating also dropped from green to red rating within the three days, after five months from constantly being in green rating. I have cca. 2100 agreements out of 3800 rewiews. After that, I have considerably decreased my engagement on reviewing, this situation is really sad and embarrasing. I hope that the issue will be solved.

• ADArefactorPE-INGADArefactorPE-ING Posts: 0 ✭✭

Faz algum tempo que minha medalha de Recon está com o numero de 4.888, todos os dias eu sigo avaliando portais e a contagem não é atualizada, queria saber o porque ?

• Mormegil71-INGMormegil71-ING Posts: 202 ✭✭✭

WGF is behaving like a roller coaster. I have over 11 000 reviews done, with an agreement rate of around 65 %, almost the whole time in green. But since the bug hit, I've been yellow, back to green, back to yellow, back to green...

I used to do about 100 reviews per day. Now, I've done 180 since the first of May. Only 22 this month. And I'm back to yellow. Again.

It seems like WF is counting POI not fully processed yet as bad reviews.

The poor new reviewers will just quit if this goes on. They are being thrown to the wolves.

• Zaltys-INGZaltys-ING Posts: 33 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020

Yes, unresolved reviews have counted against the rating since the WF launch. WF can't know if you've rated something 'correctly' until the nomination gets resolved, so the rating seems to only get updated whenever the reviewed nomination gets rejected/approved. It's most noticeable in the beginning, where only a few votes will push your rating to yellow no matter what - and then the rating will recover once the agreements start rolling in. It's probably intended to stop new users from spamming bad reviews: a few votes in, and their rating drops to the level where their reviews no longer matter.

So that's nothing new, and it's not what caused so many users suddenly plummet to red in early May. But it may be a contributing factor for why so few have managed to climb back to yellow: reviews from red users don't count for much, so there's a lot more nominations stuck in voting than usual. Which makes for a bad "agreements:reviews" ratio.

• Simoz123-INGSimoz123-ING Posts: 20 ✭✭

Update on my previous message. Since then I stopped doing any reviews and manually checked what happened to those rieviews I did and at 1st June i received a total of 20 agreements which matches to my checking on the intel map but i'm still in red. So i don't think there is any correlation between reviews that are still in voting and rating. On the WF guide says the rating can drop in 2 cases: lots of disagreements, some kind of abuse of wayfarer. Considering the second option i may have been flagged for edit abuse (i don't think so) or poor description in the text field for 1* "Doesn't match criteria" or 1* mismatched location instead of putting 1* to only the location field. I still think it's a bug though.

• Fosveny-INGFosveny-ING Posts: 28 ✭✭✭

Hey, @NianticCasey-ING , I hope you're doing OK. I understand if the answer is "I can't talk about it yet," but we're all getting frustrated because there's been effectively no communication from Niantic about what's happening here. It's compounded by the drop of required level for reviewing in both games that can review after people started complaining about this issue.

• tboake-PGOtboake-PGO Posts: 1 ✭✭

I am newly back to reviewing after taking a few months break because work was heavy. I have always been in the green and suddenly dropped to yellow after processing about 40 yesterday. My agreements have gone up. I earned an upgrade. And it was turned into a Pokestop. Why add down to Level 38 to review if you cannot get into the green to earn towards the medal.

• exemok-PGOexemok-PGO Posts: 43 ✭✭✭

I've stopped nomination for a day. That time I received about 15 aggrees and my rating return to green from yellow.

So, I am sure the problem is in nominations still in voting.

If niantic will remove nominations in voting from counting the rating - all will come fine.

• CYBERSAVERCYBERSAVER Posts: 2

Please help I am also suffering from this bug 😭 My Wayfarer rating dropped from green to red all of the sudden. I keep on reviewing thoroughly but why did I got this? Any solution for this bug?

• CYBERSAVERCYBERSAVER Posts: 2

@NianticCasey-ING Admin, can you please help me also my Wayfarer rating drops from green to red all the sudden. I review everyday thoroughly and I know I don't violate any rules. I am having this problem for months now. Any solution for this?

• iloveshinies77-PGOiloveshinies77-PGO Posts: 4 ✭✭

After first 17 reviews rating dropped to red... will wait until all voting become agreement. Month or two will not perform reviews.

• iloveshinies77-PGOiloveshinies77-PGO Posts: 4 ✭✭

This way no one will vote...

• Elmek38-INGElmek38-ING Posts: 16 ✭✭

just got from red to yellow again.

• Missmuffet84-PGOMissmuffet84-PGO Posts: 2 ✭✭

Hi sorry to bring this up I’m new here I passed the test started reviewing, I play pogo so thought it might be a nice way to give a bit back literally no other reason so I’m taking my time using google translate looking on other map platforms to double check any locations I’m not sure on so I’m being thorough. For transparency I skipped a few the first time I did some that were in a different language this was before I knew there was limited skips and I’ve maybe timed out on one that I took too long trawling maps and forums over.

So far I have reviewed 93.

13 have been accepted and only 3 rejected and I’ve already dropped into the red zone!

what does this mean?

could it go back up? I only did the test recently so although it’s offering it again I see that as a bit pointless.

thanks in advance

• Shilfiell-INGShilfiell-ING Posts: 1,559 Ambassador

To paraphrase Sir Terry Pratchett:

(Niantic) "does not play dice with the universe; He plays an ineffable game of His own devising, which might be compared, from the perspective of any of the other players [i.e. everybody], to being involved in an obscure and complex variant of poker in a pitch-dark room, with blank cards, for infinite stakes, with a Dealer who won't tell you the rules, and who smiles all the time.

• Sugarstarzkill-PGOSugarstarzkill-PGO Posts: 437 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Missmuffet84-PGO how long has it been since you did any reviews? The numbers you are seeing- 13 accepted and 3 rejected- means out of 93 reviews, on 13 of them the other reviewers "agreed" with your decision to accept and on 3, the other reviewers also rejected them. 16 out of 93 is not a very good agreement rating--- however!!--

It takes time for submissions to get processed. It could be that 50+ of the things you reviewed haven't finished going through voting yet. It depends on your area, but for me, it can take a week or 2 for all the things I voted on to finish the voting process.

If you have a choice to not retake the test (I've never experienced this so I'm not sure if its optional?) I would first wait a week to see if more agreements finish in the system and see if that improves your rating to yellow/green on it's own. Ideally, you want at LEAST 50% agreements (so, out of 94 reviews, you'd want 47 agreements).

If it has been awhile since you voted, and you don't see your agreements start to come up- you may be misunderstanding the voting criteria, OR, the vast majority of other reviewers in your area are not voting correctly.

I feel like I have read you only get one chance to retake the test. So just be cautious about your next move.

• Alex6179-PGOAlex6179-PGO Posts: 6 ✭✭

Same problem here, from green to red in one day after 4 months in green.

• AN0NIM07-PGOAN0NIM07-PGO Posts: 23 ✭✭✭

We have also heard your feedback that you are looking for more information about agreements rating and fluctuations in recent weeks and we are working on an update that clarifies these for you. Stay tuned!

We have been stayed tune for more than a month while Niantic avoiding any clarifications.

• matt29710-PGOmatt29710-PGO Posts: 2 ✭✭

It seems a lot of players are experiencing this... With PoGo medal release, I tried to review wayspots the last few days.

Suddenly, I got a message about a 24h ban, and my profile dropped to red. But... Why? Ok I review fastly but I always check everything, but I don't give 5 stars everywhere. I always check for good location, double spots, or bad criteria.

It seems really unfair to have dropped in red, but some players say it's a known bug. Hopefully you'll take care of it quickly.

• pockydream-INGpockydream-ING Posts: 4 ✭✭

I've been on green for a couple of years on OPR before wayfarer and my rating went down from yellow this year and then red... I took the exam again to bring it back up to yellow and it's back to red again within a week.

I've been reviewing properly (and there are seriously a lot of rejectables) and I'm wondering if it's still the bug or the bad reviewers in my area increased that's why my rating is getting pulled down.

I'm losing motivation to review again until I can retake the test to bring it back to yellow but the test isn't showing yet.

• WuCube-INGWuCube-ING Posts: 4 ✭✭
    edited June 2020

I've had the same as others, green for a long time at around 70% agreements, and then down to red in one day.

I stopped reviewing for a week or so but then started again with a plan. I skipped nominations I wanted to reject or, if I ran out of skips, I let the review time out and waited for the next day.

This has got me back to yellow (but ironically my agreement % has dipped slightly) after a couple of days.

I think you might have something that rejecting garbage that bad reviewers are letting through because "more portals/stops are good" tanks the color rating. (Or, I might be rejecting good nominations that I shouldn't and it really is my fault.)

I don't like doing this, it feels like standing by and letting bad nominations through is just as bad as approving them in the first place.

Post edited by WuCube-ING on