Live in Wayfarer 3.1 is a new set of acceptance criteria! Please browse the information in this category with caution as it is in reference to the previous review guidelines. To learn more about the new criteria, see here: https://niantic.helpshift.com/a/wayfarer/

Defibrillators

I assume these wouldnt be allowed, but I've seen several people arguing over them saying that they either get in the way of medical problems, or help to find them

This wasnt my submission or anything. I was just hoping @NianticCasey-ING could give clarification so theres no debate over them

Answers

• GearGlider-INGGearGlider-ING Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭✭✭

I also hope that we get clarification on these. It doesn't fit any of the criteria, so it wouldn't be eligible, but so many people seem to not care unless Niantic explicitly says "not unless it meets other criteria".

• Sugarstarzkill-PGOSugarstarzkill-PGO Posts: 437 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just agreeing with the others (sometimes it helps if you can show people a thread where multiple people are all saying the same thing). These meet zero criteria. And it would have the potential of blocking emergency services.

• Faversham71-PGOFaversham71-PGO Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭✭✭

Whilst I don't feel these come under the blocking of emergency services block (they're for public use - emergency services carry their own) I agree that they simply don't meet any criteria to accept them.

• PoMaQue-PGOPoMaQue-PGO Posts: 252 ✭✭✭✭
    • Does not meet any of the discussed criteria (no cultural, historical, visual, ... significance)
    • They are mass produced items
    • Would block emergency access (if someone closeby needs it, you do not want a crowd surrounding it)

Ineligible any time of the day, I've also seen loads pass by.

@Faversham71-ING while emergency services have their own, I feel they are still used in case of emergency and fall into the same category. You could always have a doctor strolling by who needs to access it to assist someone for example.

Plenty of other reasons to reject in any case.

• Gazzas89-PGOGazzas89-PGO Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah I thought so to, I can maybe see the ones that are old red phone boxes but that's more because they are red phone boxes. But these kind of ones I agreed they shouldnt pass at all

• NorthSeaPoet-INGNorthSeaPoet-ING Posts: 895 ✭✭✭✭✭

No criteria met.

In regards to blocking emergency services or people needing to know where it is, those defibrillators are for use by the general public, and a 999 operator would mention if one is nearby.

• patsufredo-PGOpatsufredo-PGO Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭✭✭

No, it won't meet any criteria.

In regards to "help to find them" argument, I would say it's ridiculous if you're trying to find it via Ingress/Pokemon GO. And as the others said, even if you find it, some players still raiding T5 might block your way to access it (even this situation is extremely rare to occur), so it would also fall to "obstruct emergency access" criteria.