Welcome to the Bug Reporting page! Please refer to these tips when submitting new bug reports:
1. Browse the known issues section or check if another user previously posted about a similar issue.
2. Upvoting posts help us understand how many players are experiencing the bug.
3. Refer to the Best Practices to learn how to write a bug report.
4. File each issue separately if you’ve encountered multiple issues.

Rating Went to Poor / Test Wrong?

I am a PoGo player since its inception unfortunately I have had to deal with many fake nominations, I know they are fake because you can see the wall mount or simply because I can find the original artist and location. Lots of people who rate them pass them either because they're a group that does it or because people don't realize they're fake. In Wayfarer I have prepared a lot to respect all the guidelines, rejecting so much has made my rating drop to the point of having to take the restart test, it turns out that I failed. I am completely sure that I did it correctly, they were very clear wayspots and I am very sure that I did the test well. In the same way, the fact that my rating drops due to people who cheat, I think it is something very serious.

2 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Hi @EddGarciaP-PGO,

We have a dedicated team to review any in-game locations or edits that you believe are inappropriate or show signs of abuse of the Niantic Wayfarer platform. Please reach out through the Wayfarer help section. You will see a chat bubble to raise your request. This chat will remain on screen as you navigate to other pages until you close the chat or reload the website.

We recommend you to keep following the Wayspot criteria while reviewing nominations, keeping the eligible and ineligible criteria pages open in a different browser tab for easy access. Please continue reviewing and your ratings will eventually improve as you get more agreements.

Best,

• patsufredo-PGOpatsufredo-PGO Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭✭✭

You should've educated the people who incorrectly review nominations and causing OP's rating fallen down.

• Vboy99-PGOVboy99-PGO Posts: 65 ✭✭

I am really sorry to hear this, and I feel you.

This was exactly what happened to me. And for a period of time, I stopped doing Reviews, so that my Rating doesn't drop.

The whole experience reminds me of my student life. Being the timid person I am, it's so hard to get my voice heard by anyone. But the bullying that was fueled by the teachers' (or, authority) purposeful situational ignorant, snowballs into a monster that still haunts me now.

Well, if I have the tiny wisdom (which I accumulated all these years) back then. I would've placed more attention in things that I should have. For example, the stray cat that always greet me after school. Even though I don't have money / excess food to feed her, she was always there.

Just this morning, I encountered an obvious invalid Wayspot that I rejected (and obviously, pulled down my ranking) a couple of months back.

There were self doubts, disappointments, confused and all sorts of mixed feelings.

So, I decided to do this:

Being the pessimist that I am, I don't have faith that something good comes out of it.

For me, this is my outlet to release the negative emotions, and direct it somewhere else.

I'm sure we're not alone in this.

• SaphSapher-PGOSaphSapher-PGO Posts: 15 ✭✭

I apologize for your nonfriendly experience, there is nothing worse than someone who feels they have the right to bully, abuse, use their authority to incite fear and other negative emotions into people around them.

Please do not lose faith and let people like that bring you down.

This is supposed to be a Game that we play to have fun and not a place where it should ever be accepted as ok when people cheat, bully and invoke harmful or negative feelings or use power or authority to scare someone into not playing just because they feel they are more entitled or better than other people.

• WheelTrekker-INGWheelTrekker-ING Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm sorry that you've been bullied in the past, let's hope that the future is better.

I've seen some of your reports, and here's some friendly advice:

You must report invalid wayspots through the game itself, and only if it's rejected appeal the rejection here attaching a screenshot of the rejection mail, that's at the top of each new post in the "Invalid wayspot appeals" section: Screenshot of the Rejection Email

Regarding your comments

Title and Description that does not explained / described the significance of the Wayspot

That's not a rejection reason

The use of abbreviations in Title: it doesn’t provide any useful information on the Wayspot as well.

It's perfectly fine to use abbreviations in the title.

Most importantly, The corridor itself does not meet any of the Agreement Criteria!

For example, as a person that never been to the location before, I am not sure if this (corridor) is meant for restricted staff access? Or is this a restricted access to experimental laboratory? What is the historical / cultural significance of the location?

More examples: the location is not meant for sports. It is not meant for social gathering (corridor is meant for traffic flow / evacuation / accessing certain location!). Last but not least, there's nothing there for exploration.

Surely that looks like a big issue in order to accept it, but unfortunately that's not a reason to remove it. The removal criteria is different than the criteria to accept new waspots.

A wayspot in a location accessible only to restricted staff is totally fine, and historical/cultural significance is not a rejection criteria.

I recount this nomination lacking in Additional Information to assist in reviewing process.

Maybe it was an old nomination from the old Ingress days, that would be strange but maybe there are still some of them around. Anyway, that's for sure not a reason to reject or remove and approved wayspot. Without additional information it's much harder to get a nomination approved as you've correctly stated it's much more difficult to validate the wayspot, but surely it's not a reason to reject. The problem is for the nominator, they have wasted a chance to provide useful info to the reviewers.

In https://community.wayfarer.nianticlabs.com/discussion/39276/pogo-wayspot-02-invalid-wayspots you're requesting the removal of two wayspots, again, you must report first them in game or Niantic might ignore your report here without looking at it. If you want to follow Niantic guidelines regarding to wayspots, you should also follow their guidelines about how to report them.

You claim that both of them fail to meet the agreement criteria. I'm not from your country so my following comments are guesses.

I have a feeling that these kind of structure might be somehow common, and I could understand that being covered and clearly marked could be seen as a meeting point/gathering place.

Those locations doesn't look like Hospitals/Police Stations/... so calling them as blocking emergency services look like a stretch in order to find a rejection reason.

In both of your comments you write that you've reviewed them and rejected during review, so now you're upset that they have been approved. Maybe you could take this instead as a feedback that you're being too strict. If your community is approving things that you don't like, maybe you could try to talk with other people around in order to get a feeling about how do they review.

Niantic wants more wayspots so more people can play all the games and have fun. Surely you must report things that doesn't exists, that are in single family buildings or are really blocking emergency services, but for the rest of wayspots you should ask yourself: Does that wayspot hurt me?

If it's far away from your location and you don't interact with it: How can you be sure that your feelings are correct? Maybe you find that those wayspots are indeed valid and heavily used by some families and you're really hurting them by requesting their removal. Look at this thread https://community.wayfarer.nianticlabs.com/discussion/38659/inner-west-sydney-decimated-by-removals-overnight Do you want to be the one that bullies a whole community?

I hope that you can read this as a possitive feedback and you can improve your relationship with Wayfarer and the rest of the people playing Niantic's games.

• Vboy99-PGOVboy99-PGO Posts: 65 ✭✭

@WheelTrekker-ING, thank you for the detailed clarification. It helps me to reflect upon my logics prior to conclusion (submitting posts).

Well, I did conduct readings / info digging / clarification with the Forum / Community, for all nominations I'm unfamiliar with, when doing review. Of course, at the same time, following the guidelines within the Agreement Criteria.

I've also submitted reports previously with regards to the highlighted Wayspots. Unfortunate for me, I sometimes don't received acknowledgement on reports sent, and mostly don't received the decisions response (of course, I'm aware of the current system backlogged). I assumed it might be due to some settings with my email and accounts.

To clarify, residential blocks (and any other forms of buildings here) have locations (such as these sheltered porch, or sometimes without shelters) for emergency responding units to reach the distressed. These locations are by law, not to be occupied, or to be used in any other means. It's out of such context that I submitted invalid Wayspot reports previously.

Of course, I'm aware of the goal for everyone to be able to enjoy something all together. But there's a part of me that keep reminds myself, to uphold the integrity and not be pressured into surrendering my values. Well, of course it's not to that serious kind of extend in this context. It's just me being me, remembering what I used to told myself as a kid: "never become the kind of adult that I really disagree upon".

Well that's just some of my thoughts on the matter, probably very different than most people. It's this kind of differences in thoughts that sparks creation, I certain hoped.