Why was my nomination rejected after Niantic voting?

I recently boosted a nomination, which then went into Niantic voting. After about a week, it was rejected. No reason was given in the email, but what it did say is that the community decided to reject it, which isn't true, because Niantic did.

This is the nomination, translated into english:

Antique Hair Salon Pack

Nostalgic hairdressing salon closed down since 2001 due to business closure. The furniture is preserved as a reminder and display for pedestrians: It looks like looking back in time. Until its closure, it received badges from the hairdressing and beauty association "Société Française de Biosthétique" several times. Among other things, products of the Biosthetik brand (French original: Biosthetique) were used.

On the pavement of the less frequented *****street. More information about the association can be found at https://sfb-d.de, about the salon at https://* ** (old article, but herewith the position can be confirmed). You can see the badges above and to the left of the closing notice.

Do you know why it was rejected?

• It meets the criterion of being a place for discovery
  • It is an exhibition, which is intentionally preserved to be seen by passangers.

Thanks!

Best Answer

• kawin240-INGkawin240-ING Posts: 803 Ambassador
    Answer ✓

So, that it was closed and from your photo it just looks like a random picture of someone behind glass, I guess it didn't do you any favours. Of course, there's not really much else how you could present it with your main photo, but especially Niantic reviewers often go by the very first impression fomr the experiences I saw. The Niantic reviewers also have not fixed their email template or that their rejections don't have any reasons attached. One of the links got censored here so I can't check that, the other one doesn't even work. I think, while not impossible, you have chosen a very difficult object to nominate. I could see that even after that long time after the closure, people are not really convinced that it will stay as display.

I see that you are German speaking. If you want to, you can join the group Wayfarer DACH on Facebook, Telegram or Discord, the people there including me usually have pretty good tips & tricks, and we have a weekly wayfarer event too.

Answers

Answer ✓

So, that it was closed and from your photo it just looks like a random picture of someone behind glass, I guess it didn't do you any favours. Of course, there's not really much else how you could present it with your main photo, but especially Niantic reviewers often go by the very first impression fomr the experiences I saw. The Niantic reviewers also have not fixed their email template or that their rejections don't have any reasons attached. One of the links got censored here so I can't check that, the other one doesn't even work. I think, while not impossible, you have chosen a very difficult object to nominate. I could see that even after that long time after the closure, people are not really convinced that it will stay as display.

I see that you are German speaking. If you want to, you can join the group Wayfarer DACH on Facebook, Telegram or Discord, the people there including me usually have pretty good tips & tricks, and we have a weekly wayfarer event too.

• Kaktuswurzel-PGOKaktuswurzel-PGO Posts: 4 ✭✭

Thank you, that makes sense. I censored the link myself, it only contains an old street map, on which the salon is still present. I just checked the other link again and it doesn't open the page because of the comma behind it.

Ah, I see it now. If you put it in like this, it's not really helpful as you land on the starting page, sure, one could say just look at it, but it would be better to link something that directly has something to do with your nomination. For example, you could lead reviewers directly tothe about page instead, if they have something metioning the old hairstyle salon, it would be even better. The less effort a reviewer has to make, the more positive ratings you get