Acquatic Center Nomination Rejection

Hello. I’ve had a good track record submitting Pokestop nominations, and never encountered any issues before. But I just had my first rejection, and the reason given seemed confusing.

It was for the Griffith University Acquatic Center,

And the GoogleMaps location clearly shows its a giant swimming pool, and street view shows it as a acquatic center.

The description provided was “Griffith University Acquatic Center used by students, staff, and for regional competition”. Supporting information showed a clear view of the entrance, and a good description of why it was a good meeting place (open to the public, frequently used by staff, students, and public, good safe pedestrian access.

The rejection reason was “Location Sensitive”, with no additional text. So I’m trying to work out why it would have been rejected. Was it just bad luck and someone took offence, or is the rejection reason description just really vague. Any tips on what I might have done wrong?

Comments

• Just to supplement this, when I filed the rejection appeal, it elaborated on the Location sensitive with this description

”Rejection reason: The real-world location of the nomination appears to be sensitive (e.g. non-historic or culturally significant gravestones or cemeteries)” .. It’s in the middle of a bustling university, with no cemeteries nearby. I also provided a picture of the surrounding, which confirms that there is fencing and a door to prevent unaccompanied children from entry (safety), and that the way spot was at the front entrance and not inside the actual pool part.

• 82quuu-PGO82quuu-PGO Posts: 277 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2023

How about changing the object photo to the center building?

During non-swimming seasons, the pool may not be accessible.

If it's a center building, I think it's possible to access even in the season when swimming is not held.

It would be nice to add that the university is free to enter and that the center is accessible even outside of swimming season.

• Elijustrying-INGElijustrying-ING Posts: 5,482 Ambassador

I’m puzzled by the comment about the non-swimming season, it is open all year, and to be acceptable a place does not need to be open 365 days a year.

And is open to all. The focus on this pool is clearly is about swimming for sport/fitness rather than leisure.

Maybe include the link in a future nomination.

As a U.K. based reviewer, I would regard this as the sort of swimming pool that should be acceptable. I would assume good safety measures are in place and the link above shows it hosts community days.

But maybe Australian reviewers assess these differently 🤷‍♀️

edited January 2023

I think this rejection is also an unfortunate result.

I think the pool deserves approval.

That's why I tried to come up with reasons for rejection.

You need to list all the arguments you can come up with for refusal on the grounds of "place sensitivity" and refute them one by one.

When I don't understand the judge's rejection reason, I try to reason with my post.

This time, if there are other reasons such as security issues that you can think of, they may be reasons for rejection.

I think this rejection is also an unfortunate result.

I think the pool deserves approval.

That's why I tried to come up with reasons for rejection.

You need to list all the arguments you can come up with for refusal on the grounds of "place sensitivity" and refute them one by one.

When I don't understand the judge's rejection reason, I try to reason with my post.

This time, if there are other reasons such as security issues that you can think of, they may be reasons for rejection.

• X0bai-PGOX0bai-PGO Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭✭✭

There’s no C in “aquatic”, but that shouldn’t rise to the level of rejection. I agree that this subject meets criteria for acceptance/approval.

Any time you get a rejection, ignore Niantic’s description of the particular rejection reason and re-examine from the reviewer’s perspective. There appears to be something about the location they did not like. Is the pin appropriate (such as not in the middle of the water)? Is there something strange on Google Maps at this location?

• Thank you all for your helpful and thoughtful explanations :)