Decorative Rock Circle of the Indian Colony

Two bad rejection reasons. These are temp features around the Indian Colony.

Comments

• Melurra-PGOMelurra-PGO Posts: 421 ✭✭✭✭✭

First, I assume you mean it is *not* temporary?

These are called Medicine Wheels and are a very important symbol in indigenous cultures. The symbolism and arrangement of the colors varies by tribe, so try to find out what it means for the tribe(s) where this particular piece is located.

In addition, what is "Indian Colony"? Is it the proper name of a neighborhood or establishment? Or do you mean a reservation or homelands of a certain people?

Overall, I think using proper terminology and explaining the cultural significance would go a long way for this candidate. As submitted, the description and supporting information don't share any info that is not self-evident from looking at the photos.

Here is a starting point for more information on the cultural meaning: https://www.nps.gov/articles/000/the-medicine-wheel.htm

• ApplPsydarr-PGOApplPsydarr-PGO Posts: 139 ✭✭✭

It's officially the Reno-Sparks Indian Colony but they refer to everything in their area as the Indian Colony.

• SeaprincessHNB-PGOSeaprincessHNB-PGO Posts: 1,606 Ambassador

I'm thinking that this might be ineligible due to it being on single family residential property, what we often call PRP. It looks like that is the fence for someone's house.