Rejection Confusion Help Request

Hello All,

Thank you in advance for anyone who give any insight into why my stop was reject. It is currently in the Appeal process, so I think I am in the right place…if I am asking in the wrong section, my sincerest apologies. I will try to be as detailed as possible in my explanation, so I also apologize for the length.

Anyway, so onto my question, statement, issue…whatever…

I submitted a stop in my city and really tried to ensure it checked off all of the boxes. I diligently worked to get it upgraded and it was then quickly denied the same day it was upgraded. Which would be fine if the reasons given were legit. However, when I read the reasons for denial, none of them were accurate at all.

The reasons given for denial were that it was a temporary/seasonal location (it was not temporary, nor seasonal) and it was located on a private residence/farm (it was in a city and was in a very public area and on a residential sidewalk, which was shown in the pictures).

The location I submitted was of a memorial street sign for a city square that was dedicated to a soldier from World War 1 that grew up in that neighborhood (It was actually really cool finding out the history behind it when I researched for the submission). The sign is a permanent fixture that is installed on a steel pole that is again permanently fixed into the concrete of the sidewalk at one of the corners of the square. So again, not seasonal or temporary and also not in a farm or private residence. These facts were all easily seen from the pictures and described in the information sections. Also, the waypoint, which was not part of the denial was extremely accurate.

Attached you will find the screenshots of the submission.

Again, thank you for the time taken to review this and any insight you can give into what went wrong.

(Hopefully the appeal is successful and this is for extra credit lol)

Regards,

Comments

• WheelTrekker-INGWheelTrekker-ING Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭✭✭

Your supporting info is too verbose and includes non related info as you shouldn't talk about the games. Yes, that's what Niantic says during the nomination process, but they lie. If you mention pokestops, trainers and the like, many people might even reject a perfect nomination just for that.

Given the supporting picture, this is a crossroads, it's not a great meeting place. You've done a great job presenting it as a place to explore but I don't know if that will be enough to make it pass the evaluation, at first sight is only a plaque, the photo isn't really good (backlight, not aligned) in the description I would start with your first sentence so people can understand better what's being nominated and then the back story about it.

Anyway, you should have asked this before appeling so you could put the proper info in your appeal. Now anything that we say won't matter until you nominate it again if the appeal is rejected.

• KevBlatt-PGOKevBlatt-PGO Posts: 2 ✭✭

Thank you for the reply and feedback. This was my first ever submission and in turn first appeal so I didn’t think to come here first. They haven’t responded yet to it. I just focused on the reasons given in the denial, which didn’t match the reality of the submission.