Your 1st Nomination, accepted or not?

Thought to bring up a friendly general question cause I was curious. How many of you had your first wayspot Nomination accepted or rejected on the first try? This can be any game though I'm also curious as to which game you play?

Tagged:

Comments

• DEMARTIN0-PGODEMARTIN0-PGO Posts: 376 ✭✭✭✭

Accepted. Softball field. Pokemon Go mainly.

• 26thDoctor-PGO26thDoctor-PGO Posts: 4,932 ✭✭✭✭✭

Go only.

Yes, I can't remember what it was but it was most likely an easy 5* submission, easy as in easily accepted not because my picture, description etc were 5*.

• HankWolfman-PGOHankWolfman-PGO Posts: 4,857 ✭✭✭✭✭

My first nomination was incorrectly marked as a duplicate (similar name to a nearby wayspot, but a completely different structure), and was then accepted upon resubmitting. I mainly play and submit through Pokémon Go.

• TerraAnneBacon-PGOTerraAnneBacon-PGO Posts: 21 ✭✭

I just submitted my first on 1/15/23 and it got accepted already. After the threads in here I was expecting a year wait at least. I just did a town entrance welcome sign on the opposite less busy side of my town. Just waiting for the wayspot to show up in game now. I main Pokemon go but I did look at ingress a little bit.

• PkmnTrainerJ-INGPkmnTrainerJ-ING Posts: 5,131 Ambassador

Submitted my first thing on 29th October 2018, via Ingress. Accepted, appears in all games. As for games I play, all but mostly Ingress.

It wasn't until my fourth nomination I got a rejection, but that was resubmitted and accepted. It wasn't until my 21st submission that I did something that's probably not eligible, and I haven't resubmitted.

• Rodensteiner-PGORodensteiner-PGO Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭✭✭

2019-06-07

Stolperstein (Accepted)

• RandomExploit-INGRandomExploit-ING Posts: 948 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wrongly rejected as duplicate.

It was a coal tax post and there was another one not far away.

• Vistho-PGOVistho-PGO Posts: 24 ✭✭

Mine was rejected, I think unfairly, and is now in the appeal process.

• SeaprincessHNB-PGOSeaprincessHNB-PGO Posts: 1,609 Ambassador

Accepted. It was a statue, part of a series around the area where all the others had been accepted but this one was a little out of the way, so none of the earlier Ingress players had bothered to submit it. But it was near my house, so it was the first thing I submitted.

The third thing I submitted not only was accepted but flipped the stop at work to a gym - that's when I investigated how gym flipping works. That was an accident with a very happy outcome. I work hard now to make sure that "accidents" are always beneficial to the community of players.

The second thing I nominated was not initially accepted but I eventually got it through.

• FruSkatteKat-PGOFruSkatteKat-PGO Posts: 357 ✭✭✭

2022-11-17

Rejected and appealed (still in appeal).

A really cool wall marking the enerance to an area with archetectual unique houses from the 1960. It's public area but was rejected for being private property - so I appealed.

With all I learnt since then I don't expect it to be accepted...

I'm a PokemonGo planer, tried Ingress but it's to complex to relax my brain!

So as of earlier when I first posted I had checked Pokemon go and the stop had not been put in yet, but was accepted. As of 20 minutes ago it was now showing up in my map and flipped the cemetery waypoint nearby to a new gym too. :D

• PokegalAneesa-PGOPokegalAneesa-PGO Posts: 17 ✭✭✭

Accepted. Tennis Court. Pokémon Go. I play Pikmin too casually. Quit ingress but if I nominate, I do it from there.

• Ossorno-INGOssorno-ING Posts: 40 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2023

Accepted. A church, through Ingress. But it was in 2017, when plenty of easily acceptable wayspots were still available to submit.

I spent all my first nominations on creating the first portals/pokestops and gyms on many small villages, it was fun seeing how many people started to play!! 😊

• WoodWose-PGOWoodWose-PGO Posts: 128 Ambassador

Accepted. It was a large pavilion-style picnic shelter in a park. I primarily play Pokémon GO.

It took around a dozen nominations (a sports court, a sports complex, a regional university campus, cricket training nets, a historic pub, a mural, two hiking trailhead signs, a bridge on one of those hiking trails, another pavilion) until I got my first rejection. The rejection was for a decorative memorial picnic table dedicated to a local artist who was also a well regarded professor. It was accepted on the second attempt.

• CarolFigueiraRS-PGOCarolFigueiraRS-PGO Posts: 381 Ambassador

Pogo, rejected. I would give it a 1* if I reviewed it. It's really interesting seeing how far I have come.

• Elijustrying-INGElijustrying-ING Posts: 5,486 Ambassador

17 Nov 2018

An outdoor gym

in a small park which had no portals or stops beforehand with only 1 stop in the Level 14 cell. It was also my first gym birth. And after a few months it became an exgym. I was chuffed and hooked 😂

All submitted in Ingress but I mainly play Pokemon

• X0bai-PGOX0bai-PGO Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭✭✭

My first seven were (correctly) rejected.

• Shilfiell-INGShilfiell-ING Posts: 1,560 Ambassador

Accepted, via Ingress, in 2018 - right after I finally made Level 10 an could submit, which I thought was my end goal in Ingress but turned out to be a mere step in a long-term obsession. Before I started daily Ingress play I had staked out a historical sign that I desperately wanted to get in game - and it went through! 😊

• tp235-INGtp235-ING Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭✭✭

December 20, 2014

Railroad Stations

Duplicate

At the time, the results of Niantic's pass/fail decision were said to be six months or a year away, resulting in a lot of overlap and duplication of nominations for many Ingress agents.

• holdthebeer-INGholdthebeer-ING Posts: 200 ✭✭✭✭

Accepted, trail marker.

Back in 2018, nominations did not have support photos/text, but the trail was visible on satellite map, so kinda easy.

• patsufredo-PGOpatsufredo-PGO Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭✭✭

Withdrawn by myself lol.

I've been wondering about some unmarked four wheeling dirt biking trails by me. Obvious big pathways even seen in Google images just no trail markers. I love walking and biking through them. I got to find some obvious physical land feature to try to mark for a Nomination. Lots of locals use them for fun.

• Hikaru588-INGHikaru588-ING Posts: 538 ✭✭✭✭

November 2019

A pogo only player at the time, I nominated two points of interest at my workplace on the same day. This was soon after the ability to nominate via pogo was made available. They were both accepted however due to the order they went into voting only the second one was added to the database due to proximity, this was pre-Lightship.

A few years later I re-submitted my first nomination via Ingress in the same location and now it exists as a portal due to a Niantic bug.

• Jeroenix-INGJeroenix-ING Posts: 431 ✭✭✭✭

Accepted, a playground so high chances it was going to be. Was about 4 years ago, quite fast too - in about 2 weeks without upgrade (which didnt exist then).

• PeteC303-INGPeteC303-ING Posts: 799 ✭✭✭✭

Rejected. Photography artwork. Now been accepted.

• Bidoofie875-PGOBidoofie875-PGO Posts: 5 ✭✭

My first three have all been rejected. I think I understand why two of them were but the very first of three was horse shoe pits set up in a public park. Reason listed is identifying features of people and yet there are no words or people/animals in any of the pictures.

Hoping I can figure out what gets approved, so I can actually make a contribution to the community.

I play Pokémon go.

• AgentX1976-INGAgentX1976-ING Posts: 598 ✭✭✭✭✭

My first 5 were rejected, but 1700 accepted after that makes it worth it. Only 1 of the first 5 I would disagree with, but got it in later using a carving they have in the interior.

• Purptacular-PGOPurptacular-PGO Posts: 284 ✭✭✭✭

Duplicate. Silly me! Somehow when reading all the really useful information Niantic provides here I missed the part about creating an Ingress account to see Wayspots that already exist but don't show in my game.

Glad they fixed that.

• Gazzas89-PGOGazzas89-PGO Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭✭✭

Rejected as I hadn't read up anything about wayfarer. It was a sign for my workplace made out of a recycled inspection table (so full on marble). I plan to eventually try it again when (if) the bloodhound project ever gets done, as my work did the wheels for it and are like the biggest sponsorship on the rocket car, so can sell that for it ..... but again, big if, no idea what's even happening with the bloodhound thing now

• Khatre-INGKhatre-ING Posts: 182 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2023

First nomination was in july 2014, accepted in 2016.

it was an art on a school wall , before pogo when arts on schools ground / wall were still ok.

OPR which became wayfarer didn't exist yet, all nomination reviewed by nia. all took up to 3+ years

Mainly ingress, pogo was just for more nominations.