Invalid removal of Galleria della Catena

Title of Wayspot: Galleria della Catena

Full Address: Largo Catena, 03029, Veroli (Frosinone)

Screenshot of Rejection Email: N/A

Photos to support your claim:

Street view proving existence: https://www.google.it/local/place/fid/0x132557dc08194b0f:0x7dbeb099d7ed0ade/photosphere?iu=https://streetviewpixels-pa.googleapis.com/v1/thumbnail?panoid%3DaxApg4z0vO_X4R_CwPpuQg%26cb_client%3Dlu.gallery.gps%26w%3D160%26h%3D106%26yaw%3D271.49805%26pitch%3D0%26thumbfov%3D100&ik=CAISFmF4QXBnNHowdk9fWDRSX0N3UHB1UWc%3D

Recent photos proving existence:

Additional informations: Galleria della Catena was closed few days ago for internal renovation works and I suspect that it was removed by a player who didn't understand that the closure was only temporary (not definitive) and limited only to certain activities. As you can see in the photos taken by me this morning, this place is actually open and the library service, as it's written on the sheet on the door, is back since yesterday. The portal exists, is accessible, is correctly located, etc.

Tagged:

Best Answers

Answers

• MuMzilla03-PGOMuMzilla03-PGO Posts: 3 ✭✭

Why?? Is a place ? Right and existed?

• PoeNevermore-PGOPoeNevermore-PGO Posts: 8 ✭✭

Galleria della Catena was a wayspot accepted by Niantic, it was on the map for some days but was removed a week ago for unknown reasons. I'm kindly asking Niantic if it's possible to restore this wayspot because I think that the removal is invalid: Galleria della Catena is a public library actually open, correctly located, accessible, exists, etc...

• NianticOtoStarNianticOtoStar Posts: 1,281 admin
    Answer ✓

Thanks for the appeal, @PoeNevermore-PGO! After reviewing the additional evidence provided, we’ve decided to restore the Wayspot in question.

edited February 2023

Hi @HackerWolf-ING -ING personally I didn't know you could enter Galleria della Catena from the inside of the high school (I always entered from the main gate) and in this case you are right. If I had received a rejection email with the reasons for removing the waystop I would not have even written to Niantic to have it restored. However now you should also report "Anfiteatro" for the same and identical reason. In fact the so-called "Anfiteatro" (known in Veroli as Campo Sportivo Polivalente) is the gym of the nearby high school, as can be easily checked with google maps https://www.google.it/maps/place/Liceo+Scientifico+Statale+Giovanni+Sulpicio/@41.6929633,13.4201038,148m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x132556cf62f763d1:0x2bdb052a55351493!8m2!3d41.6929335!4d13.4203227

Post edited by PoeNevermore-PGO on
  • HackerWolf-INGHackerWolf-ING Posts: 6 ✭✭

I only play Ingress: the "Anfiteatro" POI is not present on the Ingress game map and therefore I am not aware of it. I'll leave it up to you or other players what to do with it, although it should be noted that it is not located in the same building as the adjacent school, unlike the "Galleria La Catena" POI that is the subject of this discussion and appeal.

@PoeNevermore-PGO However, I kindly ask you not to tell us nonsense, because you know that no e-mails are sent in case of POI removal. You just noticed that it was removed and you appealed here. From how you sent the proposal that was accepted on Wayfarer and from how you made this appeal, it is easy to see that you did everything in order to hide as much as possible that the POI is located in the area of a school building. I have been playing Ingress for more than 10 years, I know perfectly well what players and especially PoGO players do to try to place gyms and stops where they shouldn't be: this is one of the classic examples. And it is a bad example, because it is not a question of a wrong localization of a few meters, but of much more which implies safety factors.

edited February 2023

@HackerWolf-ING ti rispondo in italiano. Ti chiedo per cortesia di essere molto paziente con me perché gioco a Pokémon Go da molto meno tempo rispetto a te con Ingress, quindi potrei saperne molto meno di te sulle regole del gioco di Niantic. Non volevo agire in mala fede, volevo solo dare un contributo al gioco evidentemente senza considerare cose che invece sarebbe stato importante tenere a mente... Non è che mi diverto a piazzare Pokestop dove non dovrebbero stare. Detto ciò: 1) non credo che tu abbia capito la mia considerazione in inglese sulla questione della e-mail ed è per questo che sto rispondendo in italiano. Quello che volevo dire è che se avessi ricevuto una mail con la motivazione della rimozione avrei evitato di scrivere a Niantic per fare ripristinare il portale. In realtà non so se Niantic, in genere, manda o meno email in caso di rimozione dei portali. Mi stai dicendo tu di no e va bene così, non era mia intenzione dire assurdità. È ovvio che **** visto il Pokestop rimosso e che poi **** scritto qui.

2) Non intendevo nascondere proprio niente a nessuno. Io avevo proposto la Galleria della Catena come Pokestop perché avevo visto nel regolamento che le biblioteche potevano essere proposte ed essendo la Galleria della Catena una biblioteca comunale frequentata da tutti (non solo dagli studenti del vicino liceo) anche per mostre e conferenze mi era sembrata una buona idea proporla. Evidentemente non era affatto una buona idea, ma che ne potevo sapere? Pur trovandosi nello stesso edificio, le entrate principali sono diverse e e ti assicuro che non sapevo assolutamente nulla che ci fossero passaggi interni al liceo per accedere alla biblioteca, come hai detto nel commento precedente. In tal caso sono la prima persona a chiedere venia e a chiederne la rimozione. 3) Per me va bene essere attenti alle regole e farle rispettare, ma bisogna anche essere coerenti, nel senso che a questo punto non tutti i portali di Veroli centro potrebbero essere pienamente in regola. Io adesso non so se tu, giocando a Ingress, vedi gli stessi portali che vedo io con Pokémon Go quando sei a Veroli centro. Anfiteatro è la palestra del liceo Sulpicio, e anche lì pare che ci siano dei passaggi interni al liceo per accedervi. Cona dello Spirito Santo a me sembra tanto l'ingresso di una casa. Poi bisognerebbe aprire un discorso a parte su tutti quei Pokestop o palestre con certe foto impassabili fatte di notte che veramente boh... A conti fatti, quanti portali andrebbero fatti rimuovere?

Detto ciò, ribadisco nuovamente che adesso che so le tue motivazioni mi sta bene se ri-rimuovono la Galleria della Catena, non è un problema. Spesso si capiscono più cose su un gioco col confronto con gli altri giocatori e per me è stato questo il caso.

@NianticOtoStar sorry, I mistakenly deleted my first message today, reposting it for completeness.

What @PoeNevermore-PGO is trying to hide here is that in reality the POI is located in the same building as a high school (middle school until a few years ago), more precisely in the middle of the two main entrances/exits of the school, as can easily be controlled via Google Maps and Street View. The Gallery itself can be reached internally from the school premises.

🟣/ 🔴 main school's entry/exit/emergency routes

🟡 POI location

Although the POI has cleverly been positioned at the top of the stairs in front of the entrance to the Gallery, it is precisely there that groups of students gather before entering school or immediately after leaving. It is therefore very plausible that a player who has to interact with the POI, especially in its centre, could find himself among the students (minors) who pass/stop there: also considering an always possible drifting of the localization of the game device, it could easily position yourself in one of the two entrance/exit routes of the school, which are also emergency exits. Finally, the adjacent road (narrow and one-way) is normally open to vehicle traffic, and right there it is easy for small traffic jams to arise, especially during school hours, due to parked cars and the flow of students. I therefore request this appeal to be reviewed again and rejected, according to the criteria that POIs cannot be located in school buildings. I requested again as "Invalid Portal" > "School" today from the Ingress app. Willing to add more photographic evidence to support what I have described if needed.

• I'm sorry but I haven't telegram. I briefly summarize the most important things I said before in Italian to help the niantic team: I had read in the regulation that I could propose libraries as portals and this is why I thought It could be a good idea to propose Galleria della Catena, a public library frequented by everyone in Veroli, not just students. The problem that the other player pointed out, which seems more important according to me, is that it seems possible to access the library from the high school through internal passages. The library is in the same building of the High School, the main entrances are different but I really didn't know anything about the internal passages, I thought they were two separate places. Sincerely I didn't know it, so I say sorry and I ask you to remove the portal again

No, you didn't understand. The problem is that the Galleria is in the same building/area as the school. The fact that it can be reached internally by the school is something more.

edited February 2023

sorry, what did I say in the previous comment? That they are in the same building, even if with different main entrances. I think we have both been clear enough, I think I have clarified the misunderstanding saying sorry for what I did, I didn't mean to hide anything and I made a mistake thinking that this could be a good place for a portal. At the end It was the very First portal that I proposed. When I made the proposal for Galleria, I didn't understand that being in the same building of the High school, the library couldn't be a good wayspot even if it was separate from the High school and with a different main entrance. Now let's wait for the definitive removal of this portal

Traduzione: scusa, che cosa avevo detto nel commento precedente? Che stanno nello stesso palazzo ma con ingressi principali differenti. Penso che siamo stati abbastanza chiari tutti e due, io non intendevo nascondere nulla e avevo fatto un errore pensando che poteva essere un buon posto per un portale. In fin dei conti è stato il primissimo posto che **** proposto come portale. Quando avevo proposto la Galleria, non avevo capito che stando nello stesso edificio del liceo non poteva essere un buon wayspot, anche se fosse stato un ambiente separato dal liceo e con un ingresso differente. Adesso aspettiamo la rimozione definitiva

P.s: vorrei essere stata sufficientemente chiara sul fatto che la gente a volte fa errori senza volerlo, ed è stato questo il caso.

Answer ✓

I know, but I can assure you that the Italian to English translation results are not very satisfactory sometimes.

Scusa non volevo offendere, né pensare che avessi proposto il Wayspot "in malafede". La mia considerazione è basata sull'esperienza di gioco e di Wayfarer che ****.

Lieto che hai capito il problema della questione, il fatto che sia un'entrata diversa da quella della scuola (almeno dal mio punto di vista) non dovrebbe significare nulla, perché poteva anche essere un'altra cosa, per esempio una statua, ma se lì localizzata allora andrebbe comunque considerata all'interno dell'area delle scuola.

Attendiamo comunque la decisione di chi deve decidere.

• 29andCounting-PGO29andCounting-PGO Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just piping in here, they have stated multiple times that you can use your native language in the forums. It is not a problem.