Still all waypoints get rejected?!

Hi all,

Its still very frustrating to submit New waypoints.

I live in a small town with about 200 - 300 people. We do not have a big volume of monuments or impressive buildings.

All my submits get rejected and I have no clue why.

This is the last example.

A bicycle waysign (yes These are not very attractive waystops, but thats what we have).

I have way more. For me it looks like everything will get rejected.

Some good ideas what is wrong with that wayspot?

Many thanks

Best regards

Peter

Comments

• 29andCounting-PGO29andCounting-PGO Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭✭✭

Can you copy/paste the nomination title/description/supplementary information so we can translate it?

• Budai-PGOBudai-PGO Posts: 15 ✭✭

Of course, sorry.

Titel:

Junction bike path Sporkenheim

Description:

This way sign leads together here in the direction of Mainz, Bingen, Gau Algesheim and Ingelheim.

Supplementary:

Signposts are expressly mentioned in the admission criteria. Image is of very good quality, public domain, good accessible. Permanent installation. NianticGiffard: I'll be glad to pitch in for a clearer view. Please check our stance on the below scenarios: a) A marker with the trail name on the trail <- Excellent (Correct)

• Hosette-INGHosette-ING Posts: 3,469 ✭✭✭✭✭

You say the image is public domain. Does that mean that it's a public-domain photo that you used from elsewhere, or did you take the photo yourself? If it's a third-party photo then that's a reason for automatic rejection.

Is this an actual bike trail, or is it a bike lane on a road?

• SeaprincessHNB-PGOSeaprincessHNB-PGO Posts: 1,607 Ambassador

This could be a translation issue, but I'm not sure signposts have been expressly mentioned in the admission criteria.

Trail markers are allowed - those mark a specific trail people use for exploration or exercise. But I'm not sure that is what this is. I think it could be eligible but it's not obvious that it is.

I've definitely seen signs like those have been approved. Of course it's all up to which reviewers you get. Maybe don't upgrade it. Also mention somewhere that they encourage exercise and exploration.

• rpg4e-PGOrpg4e-PGO Posts: 34 ✭✭

Signposts are mentioned in the admission criterias as good points. This one should be allowed.

@Budai-PGO Ich kenne das. Ich wohne auch auf dem Dorf. Bei uns werden sogar Schlösser, Kirchen, Wandbilder, Spielplätze ect abgelehnt, meist mit Begründungen wie: Falscher Standort, unangemessener Ort, Privatgrundstück oder Bauernhof... Alles inkorrekte Ablehngründe in Bezug auf die Vorschläge.

Leider kümmert sich @Niantic einen Scheisdreck darum, Bewerter auszubilden. Wenn wem irgendwas nicht passt, wählen die einfach irgendeinen Grund aus...

Grüße aus Hohenthurm, Sachsen-Anhalt.

Thanks all for your Feedback.

Its my own photo, so no third Party involved.

The public domain means its on public property (normal road, no privat ground) because it was also rejected as unlegit place.

Its like a road sign for bikes. We have a lot of hobby cyclists and families here which use These signs pretty often, as the next bigger towns and also cities are a good one day trip.

Pretty sad so know I voted 1.400 waypoints on 4 days and all of my 4 waypoint are rejected for foolish reasons.

This also makes the game itself connected to this MAD feeling. Maybe its better to ignorie wayfarer and avoid this ignorant voter.

@rpg4e-PGO ja das ist schrecklich wie bewertet wird. Schlechtes Foto und ungeeignete Ort sind genau die Dinge die ich beschrieben habe. Einfach nur trolls...

Have a nice day/evening everyone.

edited February 2023

Falls du in einer Turbozelle wohnst, kannst du eigentlich nur versuchen, immer wieder einzureichen.

Wir in Hohenthurm sprechen gerade mit der Gemeinde über Baumpatenschaften und entsprechende Beschilderung, die man dann bei Pokémon einreichen könnte. Falls deine Vorschläge also meist innerhalb von 1-2 Wochen bewertet werden, ist es eine Turbozelle. Wayfarer lohnt sich da dann wirklich nicht.

Es lohnt sich auch, mit der Telekom oder Stromambietern über die Verschönerung von Verteilerkästen zu reden. Die Telekom hat dafür sogar ein Antragsdokument im Netz. Den Link hab ich jedoch gerade nicht zur Hand. Einfach mal googeln ✌️

https://www.telekom.com/de/blog/konzern/artikel/aus-grau-wird-bunt-64812

I like that term. Turbo Cell. That's how it was translated.

That's the correct german to english translation. 😉 Turbocells are places with very less players that are suggesting new spots. There your suggestions are reviewed very fast.

Approx 3 days in queue and with upgrade 1 day in vote.

As I voted 1400 places in 4 days I got all my waypoints with upgrade.

• Hosette-INGHosette-ING Posts: 3,469 ✭✭✭✭✭

I know that in parts of Germany in the past there have been waves of bot-based mass-rejections. That may be part of what you're encountering.

• SeaprincessHNB-PGOSeaprincessHNB-PGO Posts: 1,607 Ambassador

You say that, but you don't provide proof. I don't see "signposts" listed anywhere in the criteria. I only see references to hiking trails and biking trails. The criteria page doesn't list everything that is eligible. But it does not mention signposts.

edited February 2023

What he has suggested are german hiking- & bikingtrails. 😉 Hikingtrails & Bikingtrails are signed up by signposts. ( Or are showed by signposts. *Just to ensure we don't run into translationproblems here 😅 ) So what's hard to understand?

edited February 2023

Do you think so? I think that the reviewers very often don't know the rules and just dislike many suggestions and therefore randomly choose a case to reject. I know many players from the cities that act like this with things from the country side just to get faster upgrades. That's a real problem...

Or maybe the reviewers don't speak the language. I say that because i often get suggestions from poland or czech but i can't review them because i don't speak that languages. and somehow I can never click "skip". And the web-translations from other languages into german are terrible and very hard to understand.

• Elijustrying-INGElijustrying-ING Posts: 5,482 Ambassador

@Budai-PGO

keep working on the bicycle markers

Although it’s a small place there seems to be other possibilities

This area close to the church looks as though it might be a park with play equipment somewhere around X and are there community gardens ? And walking paths? Any information boards?

is the Tulpenweg mainly for walking and bikes are there any specific signs there.

Its hard to tell from just satellite.

As well as the church is there any community hall?

@Elijustrying-ING Hi, thanks for your feedback.

The information Board also got rejected as temporäry object as it is made from wood installed to an old stonewall. Even if its installed since I live here at least the last 5 years.

The gardens are privat ground...

Village is too smalltalk for a hall 😅.

Can I submit the same way point a few times at the same time because I know that it will get rejected or will I get banned for this?

Greetings

You may submit nominations more than once. However, I suggest you wait a while between nominations. You don’t want the same reviewers seeing the same nomination over and over again. You want a fresh set of eyes.

• Elijustrying-INGElijustrying-ING Posts: 5,482 Ambassador

Keep trying on the information board - if you post the pictures and text maybe we can suggest things to improve it.

as @29andCounting-PGO says just submit one at time. The system should only let one be in voting at anyone time.

what are the symbols next to Gau on the bike sign?

@Elijustrying-ING These are Symbols for the next Trainer Station and public swimming Pool.

My waypoint got rejected again.

This is such an unprofessionell system...

• TibberX1909-PGOTibberX1909-PGO Posts: 27 ✭✭

So gut wie alles wird abgelehnt. Auch wenn man alle Kriterien erfüllt. Auch wenn der Ballon auftaucht und es von niantic selber geprüft wird. Inzwischen hängen auch Vorschläge nach einem Upgrade noch tagelang in der Warteschlange. Gedenktafeln, Wanderwege, Aussichtsplattformen, Hundeparks. Alles Super Vorschläge von mir, die sogar in den Kriterien als gute Vorschläge genannt werden, werden immer und immer wieder abgelehnt. Der Höhepunkt war, als ich 26 Vorschläge in der Warteschlange/Abstimmung hatte (21 Super Vorschläge, 5 Grauzone vielleicht) und plötzlich bei allen der Ballon auftauchte und scheinbar ein niantic Mitarbeiter innerhalb von 7 Minuten alle abgelehnt hat. Ich wurde wohl überprüft, weil so viele Vorschläge nicht angenommen wurden und er hat dann einfach alles abgelehnt. Wenn ich in dem Tempo bewerten würde, würde ich 2 Stunden gebannt werden. Und dann kam noch eine Mail ich soll die Kriterien durchlesen. Auf eine Antwort, mit den Kriterien die jeder einzelne Vorschlag erfüllte, kam dann keine Antwort. Wir haben im ganzen Dorf einen einzigen Stop. Es ist sehr frustrierend.. echt ein mieses System

edited February 2023

Dazu kommt noch, dass ich zum Beispiel selber beim Bewerten 70-80% der zu bewertenden Vorschläge aus dem Ausland bekomme. Nun spreche ich leider kein Französisch oder Holländisch. Und wenn es andersherum genau so ist, lehnen vielleicht viele einfach alles ab, weil die nicht wissen was da steht bei einem deutschen Vorschlag. Super dummes System. Aber der absolute Knaller ist, wenn ich dann denke ok, das sollen wohl keine Stops sein und lehne ähnliche Vorschläge wie ich sie mache ab, dann fällt mein Score unwiederbringlich nach 5 Bewertungen auf „schlecht“ xD super

• Rodensteiner-PGORodensteiner-PGO Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TibberX1909-PGO

Ja, das meckern hilft hier wenig. Zeig den Kram den du eingereicht hast, und ich kann dir sagen, was das Problem ist.

bitte in den Appeal geben. Es ist ein geeigneter Kandidat, auch wenn er innert 40m von einem Privaten Einfamilienhaus liegt.

• JJKabels-PGOJJKabels-PGO Posts: 15 ✭✭

Da habe ich in vielen Teilen andere Erfahrungen gemacht (und ich wohne und spiele auch auf dem Dorf).

Zum einen die unterschiedlichen Arten der Kriterien. Das bedeutet, dass ein Vorschlag, der die notwendigen Voraussetzungen erfüllt, nicht automatisch hinreichend begründet ist und somit ein Wayspot sein muss (Notwendige und hinreichende Bedingung: https://www.philoclopedia.de/was-kann-ich-wissen/logik/notwendige-und-hinreichende-bedingung/).

Zweitens die Qualität der Vorschläge. Meiner Erfahrung nach werden Vorschläge, deren Erstellung weniger Zeit in Anspruch genommen hat als ihr Review, häufiger abgelehnt als Vorschläge, bei denen man merkt, dass der Ersteller viel Mühe und Herzblut investiert hat. Betrachten es aus der Sicht eines Reviewers - warum sollte er viel Zeit und Mühe in einen Review investieren, wenn der Vorschlagende dies nicht getan hat?

Vorschläge, die mich bei der Durchsicht ansprechen und bei denen ich etwas Interessantes entdecke, kann ich viel leichter akzeptieren, auch wenn der Wayspot selbst nicht den höchsten Ansprüchen genügt. Umgekehrt verhält es sich natürlich mit Vorschlägen, bei denen man das Gefühl hat, dass sich der Verfasser nicht viel Mühe gegeben hat.

Und hätte ich mir den Vorschlag "Radweg Wegweiser" oben anschauen und bewerten sollen, wäre er mit dem was ich da sehe wahrscheinlich nicht akzeptiert worden.

--

And since English is the normal language here in the forum:

I have had different experiences in many parts (and I also live and play in the country village). 

For one thing, the different types of criteria. This means that a proposal that meets the necessary conditions is not automatically sufficiently justified and thus must be a Wayspot.

Secondly, the quality of the proposals. In my experience, proposals that took less time to write than their review are more likely to be rejected than proposals where you can see that the creator has put a lot of effort and heart and soul into them. Look at it from a reviewer's point of view - why should they put a lot of time and effort into a review if the proposer hasn't?

I find it much easier to accept suggestions that appeal to me when I look at them and discover something interesting, even if the Wayspot itself does not meet the highest standards. The opposite is true, of course, for suggestions where one has the feeling that the author did not put much effort into it.

And if I had looked at and evaluated the "cycle path signpost" proposal above, it probably wouldn't have been accepted with what I see there.

• dustinyeeaah-PGOdustinyeeaah-PGO Posts: 526 ✭✭✭✭✭

The only thing that would make this signpost eligible are plaques that show there's a trail. I can't really tell from the screenshots here, but there are two blue things on the left side. If these are actual trail markers, focus on them. Since you don't even mention the trail/route at all, I would reject as well. If there's a visible route symbol I would accept, bonus points if you mention the actual trail/route.

This sign is just too generic for me and the text doesn't tell me enough to accept it

Nur ein Beispiel. Aktuell der dritte Versuch mit dieser Gedenktafel. Btw trotz Upgrade seit Tagen noch in der Warteschlange. Unter anderen habe ich auch Wegweiser auf Wanderwegen etc. und sowas eingereicht. Ich denke wie bereits erwähnt, dass das größte Problem ist, dass die Beiträge wahrscheinlich in Frankreich und Polen aufploppen, wie bei mir auch die aus dem Ausland, und dann natürlich nicht verstanden werden

Es ist ganz einfach, die Kriterien sagen ja, guter Stop. Ich finde die ganzen Pfeile die nichts besonderes tun, außer einen Weg zeigen auch nicht interessant, aber wenn man sich an die Kriterien hält, muss man sie halt gut bewerten. Also entweder man hat Kriterien oder die Entscheidung liegt einfach nur random bei irgendwelchen Leuten, die mal so und mal so bewerten wie sie lustig sind.