Rejected Mosaic Panel stop, can't seem to find a reason for it

So my nomination was rejected with no reason being given on the email I got, it just says to check my contribuition page where it only says "Other Rejection Criteria" with no details on what the problem is. Is there a way to see the exact rejection reason?

Otherwise, does anyone have any suggestion on how to improve on this nomination for resubmission? I have seen quite a few stops similar to this one being accepted in other places round here as valid locations so not sure why this would be rejected.

Title:

DNA Mosaic

Description:

Tile panel commissioned by REFER in 2009 from the artist Joana da Motta Guedes, integrated in the Alhos Vedros railway station.

Supp info:

Conceived and painted by herself at the Viúva Lamego Factory. Creatior of the colors for the manufacture of tiles, monitor of production. Coordination and monitoring of the laying of tiles on site, on site. https://pt.linkedin.com/in/joana-da-motta-guedes-60959025

Link for the Google Maps spot below, in case there's some problem with the location:

https://www.google.com/maps/@38.6514258,-9.0256752,3a,75y,336.75h,69.3t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sYF-FnMxhSKRa3-MoONgh9g!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

Thank you all in advance.

Comments

• PaulingZubat-PGOPaulingZubat-PGO Posts: 604 Ambassador

ORC typically means the reviewers are not convinced that it meets any of the eligibility. I'd accept this but someone local to you may add more insights to that. Sadly, the listed rejections will be the only feedback you will receive from the reviewers at the moment.

You could probably start with the photo, it will be hard to take a better one but a selfie stick may help. A close-up of the signature like the last pic in this article might be better to use in the supporting since it is clearly seen in the street view. Rather than a linkedin, use articles or social media of the artist? I haven't found the exact tile art here but worth mentioning that she has multiple installations in other stations. I'd also use up all 512 characters to talk about the artist, DNA, or tile art but some prefer less descriptive text in the game.

• Elijustrying-INGElijustrying-ING Posts: 5,482 Ambassador

Hello and welcome @RafaSNobre-PGO

I love this mosiac, it ticks all the right boxes for me.

We can’t say why it was rejected….

but I do think a better photo would do this justice.

I took a screenshot from Google - don’t do this! - to show how much better this could be.

The mosaic now fills the image and is much more impactful. You could then use your image as the supplementary.

it is tempting to take a picture on a very sunny day (and given where you live it might be hard not to) but the marked shadow from the light post also spoils it. It was a different time of day for google so it doesn’t have that.

i think the text sounds fine perhaps a website that actually features the mosaics ….but I think that is getting very picky.

I think it is worth considering being explicit in the supplementary that this is a distinct mosaic at the south end of station and perhaps a slightly more specific title…..

because you should also submit the mosaic on the northern entrance to the station.

Obviously very grainy and I’ve cropped out the station name to avoid any confusion or duplication with the station itself. But you get the idea.

This mosaic seems to include not just the DNA but life and clearly visible on streetview.

So if both have distinct titles and focus there should be no risk of duplication as they are far apart and different pieces of art as part of the overall project

Good luck these both deserve to be in wayfarer.

• X0bai-PGOX0bai-PGO Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, your reviewers said this doesn’t meet criteria, but they said that because your image doesn’t clearly convey what it is and why it’s eligible. You need to get a primary image that is centered better, at a less severe angle, without glare, tree, shadow, or illegal graffiti to distract from it. One good, clean, clear, unobstructed picture, and I think this will go through no problem.

• Elijustrying-INGElijustrying-ING Posts: 5,482 Ambassador

Yeah 👏

Thanks for the update.

Good luck with future ones.