Live in Wayfarer 3.1 is a new set of acceptance criteria! Please browse the information in this category with caution as it is in reference to the previous review guidelines. To learn more about the new criteria, see here: https://niantic.helpshift.com/a/wayfarer/

Best Answer

• SoulKing95-PGOSoulKing95-PGO Posts: 43 ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

I don't think drinking fountain meet any eligible object on it's own. It need to at least meet another acceptance criteria such as:

• Historical or Cultural significant
    • Visually appealing or Unique Architecture

Consider this: Would a city nominate that drinking fountain as a landmark or an icon? If your answer is no, then it shouldn't accepted as Waypoint either.

Answers

Answer ✓

I don't think drinking fountain meet any eligible object on it's own. It need to at least meet another acceptance criteria such as:

• Historical or Cultural significant
    • Visually appealing or Unique Architecture

Consider this: Would a city nominate that drinking fountain as a landmark or an icon? If your answer is no, then it shouldn't accepted as Waypoint either.

• WheelTrekker-INGWheelTrekker-ING Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭✭✭

All such fountains are approved in Spain

edited June 2020

Apparently water drinking fountain considered as non-unique nominations per Niantic Wayfarer Clarifications: January 2020

Parks and items within Parks (signs, gazebos, chess boards, fountains, sculptures, etc.)

Acceptable: 

Individual features within a park, as long as they’re visually distinct.

Generic nomination for the park overall as long as the photo includes a signboard of the park.

Not acceptable:

Nominations for a park that do not include a signboard. Note that if the park is too small for a signboard, consider submitting other eligible nominations instead. 

Non-unique nominations within the park: trash cans, drinking water fountains, bike racks etc.

• Gazzas89-PGOGazzas89-PGO Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just to question that a little bit, in my city, I cant think of any drinking fountains on our parks bar one thay is a decorative one (as in proper art style one) that doesnt work so technically it wouldnt be a non unique one if one did show up as theres none around .... not that I would submit one, just questioning the wording a bit

Sorry I'm a little confused, I'll reword your question to my understanding.. please do correct me 😂

In your city, there are no drinking fountain in park that is decorative enough or visually appealing. Let say there's only one drinking fountain that stands out in a park, which has good art or unique architecture and visually appealing. Can it be considered as "unique", to counter Nia's statement that drinking fountain as "non-unique" nomination?

Imo, snce the word "non-unique" can be outclassed, and same as my point in previous comment: if that particular drinking fountain could be considered as landmark or an icon of that park, and worth enough to be seen as a Point of Interest, I don't see any reason why it wouldn't satisfy as a good Waypoint.

• Gazzas89-PGOGazzas89-PGO Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nooo, that's nog what I meant at all, I'll explain it again.

Other than one decorative water fountain in one park, there are no water fountains in any parks in Glasgow, not a single one, so if one did appear (discounting the decorative one in that one park) then technically it would be unique, ad no other park would have one and there woukdnt be any others in that park