Contacted Wayfarer/Niantic and heard nothing back

I contacted Wayfarer Support via the orange chat button on the help menu and lodged my complaint and although I was told someone would be in touch to update me "in a few hours" I have heard nothing and haven't had even an email confirmation that my issue has been received and is being looked into. Can somebody help? My ticket number is # 21777984 thanks.

Comments

• HankWolfman-PGOHankWolfman-PGO Posts: 4,857 ✭✭✭✭✭

Depending on what you asked them to do, they may take a while to get back to you.

For example, if you requested a location edit, you are usually looking at getting a response within 48 hours (although this is longer at weekends). However, if you've reported abuse, that might require more investigation and it could take around a week or so.

It's also worth noting that your help chat history is stored on the browser, not on your account, so you will only be able to see the reply on the same device and browser you used to initially send the ticket. If you've cleared the browser history, that may delete your support chat, so you won't be able to see the response to your ticket (though it will still be logged). The best way to check that your chat history is still there is just to tap on the chat icon again and see whether the message is still there.

• ACG86-PGOACG86-PGO Posts: 19 ✭✭

Yeah clicking the chat icon again opens up a new conversation so that's no use. So basically because that original chat is no longer accessible I'll never get my answer is what you're saying?

• HankWolfman-PGOHankWolfman-PGO Posts: 4,857 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes. They will still deal with your issue but you won't be able to see the outcome.

• ACG86-PGOACG86-PGO Posts: 19 ✭✭

Grrrr thank you!