Improve the feedback requestors received

I am writing this hoping it will get to someone who can change the system:

It would be very helpful to reduce the amount of request if, when a resquest is not accepted, the requestor received also the written comments explaining the denial.

Why would this reduce the workload? It would because the requestor would learn from their mistakes instead of sending the same thing all over again several times; sometimes, even more than 10 times.

This could be implemented automomatically, the same way it is shown the category we select when we deny it.

Thank you for your time,

Comments

• Hosette-INGHosette-ING Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2023

I understand why you would want that, and some people would provide useful feedback like "I couldn't find the location. Ensure that your supporting photo shows the (thing) in its larger context rather than just the sidewalk next to it." However, I can explain why that will never happen.

Many people aren't kind. Would you like to get a bunch of text that reads like, "What kind of @#&$^& @#&$^&#@$^ are you???!!!!!!???!!1!!!! This is a piece of (@(#(#)!!! Your mother should @&#$^&#@$^&@#$^ UR AN IDI*T!!!!!!!!"

I would like it a lot, though, if Niantic included some canned text to send back to submitters that would allow reviewers to check a variety of options. Maybe the options would be things like:

• Please take a better photo and resubmit this
    • Please provide a supporting photo that helps reviewers find your candidate
    • (a couple of other pieces of helpful feedback)
    • Please do not resubmit this

That would allow the submitter to get better feedback without the potential for abuse that comes with freeform text.

Post edited by Hosette-ING on
  • All of this. I hate getting a rejection with only a simple few words that doesn't tell what I did wrong and how to improve. How do I know how to do better next time?

• PkmnTrainerJ-INGPkmnTrainerJ-ING Posts: 5,129 Ambassador

Way back when, all you would get told when a Portal got rejected (OPR days so not yet called Wayspots) was the below, which was not great;

At this time, we’re not able to provide specific rejection reasons for each submission we review; however, the following are common reasons for rejection:

The candidate is on our PLEASE DON'T SUBMIT list

We couldn't find evidence that the candidate meets any of our ACCEPTANCE CRITERIA

The candidate was submitted in an incorrect location, and we weren't able to find the right location

So, what we have now is at least improved, but I do like Hosette’s idea, especially if Other Rejection Criteria is chosen, as that offers little guidance.

• Hosette-INGHosette-ING Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭✭✭

@PkmnTrainerJ-ING Niantic needs to change Other Rejection Criteria to Does Not Meet Acceptance Criteria. That would solve a lot of the confusion.

• SeaprincessHNB-PGOSeaprincessHNB-PGO Posts: 1,608 Ambassador

I'm going to reach out again and tell you that I run a discord for the state we both live in where we could give you all kinds of expert advice on how to improve your nominations. Please reach out to me on Twitter.

https://twitter.com/seaprincesshnb

• I get you trying to help me, but maybe pm instead of semi changing someone's thread topic to a discord. I'm already in a discord for our state and local areas. Maybe you missed my name when I entered. I'm here a lot more than I am on a computer with discord though.

Even with help making nominations I still feel that Niantic not describing what your thing is rejected for needs improvement. We shouldn't have to go to a third party discord for that.

• SeaprincessHNB-PGOSeaprincessHNB-PGO Posts: 1,608 Ambassador

So, while I agree that it seems annoying to have to go to 3rd party places to get information, that is simply the way Niantic works. For Pokemon GO, they work with Creators to push out news through websites, Twitter, Twitch and YouTube. They don't have a good channel for that other than Ambassadors with Wayfarer. However, wishing and hoping for them to change their strategy at the low, low, low employee volume they have assigned to WF, seems like striving after the wind.

Education is on the WF roadmap but anyone who is planning for that to be the answer is setting themselves up for disappointment.