Little library rejected again

I have submitted a little free library. The first time it was rejected I was told not to include the website. I submitted again and now I'm told it's on private property or a farm. It isn't. It is on local small businesses. It was a residencial area a long time ago and all the homes have been converted into businesses. I even have the business sign in the additional photo. How can I get it accepted? I also added in the additional info that it is in front of local small businesses. I don't see an appeal button.

I also had another one rejected, it was a bench along the sidewalk. There was no rejection information. So how can I appeal it if I don't know what's wrong. I assume they don't think it's unique enough. But I have seen mileage signs and pick up your 💩 signs get accepted so I just don't get what's acceptable. Help. Please.

Comments

• HankWolfman-PGOHankWolfman-PGO Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭✭✭

Feel free to post screenshots of your little free library nomination. Use the paperclip icon to attach them to your post, otherwise it'll go for moderator review.

I also had another one rejected, it was a bench along the sidewalk. There was no rejection information. So how can I appeal it if I don't know what's wrong. I assume they don't think it's unique enough. But I have seen mileage signs and pick up your 💩 signs get accepted so I just don't get what's acceptable. Help. Please.

So there's a few points to respond to here.

First off, generic benches don't meet the eligibility criteria. Memorial benches can be eligible but they need to be for a significant person (think along the lines of someone famous, or a long standing public official like a mayor). If it's just for someone's aunt Betty, that's not gonna cut it. Benches that commemorate an event can also be eligible (such as a bench placed to mark one of Queen Elizabeth II's jubilees, or a bench to commemorate the 100th anniversary of the end of the first world war). In both of those cases, make sure the text on the bench is clear in your nomination.

Additionally, artistic benches can be eligible. The reason for no rejection reason being displayed is that Niantic reviewed your nomination and there's a glitch where rejections by them don't show a reason. They likely did think it was generic though.

Dog waste signs are not eligible. They should be rejected but occasionally mistakes get made, and then Niantic won't remove them because the rejection criteria is more broad than the removal criteria.

Mile markers you might need to show examples of. Some types of mile markers meet eligibility criteria, others don't.

Regarding appeals, you can only submit one every 30 days, so if the button isn't there, it means you've submitted another appeal within the past 30 days and you'll need to wait until that 30 day cool down is over.

• X0bai-PGOX0bai-PGO Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭✭✭

You tanked your own nomination with that supporting. “…in front of small local businesses” is the kind of vague thing a liar says when the LFL is on PRP and they’re hoping the reviewer doesn’t notice. If this is in front of a business, give the name of the business. Give a supporting image that clearly shows the business behind the LFL. Make sure the business in question has a pin on Google Maps.

But for the record, if this is a house from which someone runs a home business, it’s still a home and therefore still an ineligible location.

• HankWolfman-PGOHankWolfman-PGO Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭✭✭

I believe it is a nail salon business that has a pin on Google maps and you can also see the opening hours on its door on street view, although the picture is not great. The LFL should be perfectly fine as a result, it's just getting the reviewers to actually look at the information available to them that's the issue.

• X0bai-PGOX0bai-PGO Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looking at the information that’s available to me - which is, admittedly, limited to a couple of screenshots - I would reject this as PRP. I put the onus for improvement on the nominator, that a reasonable supporting statement and a functional supporting image would move the needle of confidence to the point of acceptance.

• SeaprincessHNB-PGOSeaprincessHNB-PGO Posts: 1,606 Ambassador

Streetview is from Aug 2017 and doesn't show this LFL. That is something you will have to address in your nomination.

• parayne-PGOparayne-PGO Posts: 7 ✭✭

So of I try again, I should do the following: take a picture of the business as a sopprting picture, include the business name in the nomination and not say "in front of local businesses" even though it is in front of a business?

• PaulingZubat-PGOPaulingZubat-PGO Posts: 604 Ambassador

"in front of {business name}"

Use actual names vs "local business" is what they're getting at.

• PinkSn0rlax-PGOPinkSn0rlax-PGO Posts: 16 ✭✭

Niantic just posted about the topic of the Free Little Libraries. They specifically addressed that they need to be screened for pedestrian safety. It looks that may be the issue here.

• Elijustrying-INGElijustrying-ING Posts: 5,482 Ambassador

It was clarified that this was in front of a business