Rejected Playground Nomination.

Hi all.

I upgraded the below nomination and got the notification that it was rejected as being fake or doesn't exist. I am confused as to how this was the case as the playground does exist close to where the marker was placed. I may have had a minor GPS issue that placed the marker a few metres away, but by no means was it placed at a location too far away that could justify it being called fake.

I have appealed the decision and know it will take several months before Niantic come back with an answer, but was wondering if I could get an understanding from the community as to why this would be classed as fake?

Below is the Streetview link.

https://www.google.com/maps/@51.5474597,-0.3816593,3a,25y,257.08h,84.64t/data=!3m7!1e1!3m5!1sL6g2mwSutKJCy33Ev1gexw!2e0!6shttps:%2F%2Fstreetviewpixels-pa.googleapis.com%2Fv1%2Fthumbnail%3Fpanoid%3DL6g2mwSutKJCy33Ev1gexw%26cb_client%3Dmaps_sv.tactile.gps%26w%3D203%26h%3D100%26yaw%3D349.82855%26pitch%3D0%26thumbfov%3D100!7i16384!8i8192

Below shows the rejection reasons.

Below is the supporting pic. Not the greatest, but wanted to show it was accessible by foot.

Below is the street view of the playground.

Comments

• HankWolfman-PGOHankWolfman-PGO Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2023
  • DracFury-PGODracFury-PGO Posts: 146 ✭✭✭

The streetview doesnt match your supporting photo from that angle. Do an on foot streetview instead.

• Hosette-INGHosette-ING Posts: 3,469 ✭✭✭✭✭

FYI, for business, playgrounds, etc. it's not really necessary to show that it's accessible by foot. There may be a few very rare exceptions to this (e.g. a swim-up bar in a pool), but in general pedestrian access is implicit with these things because how else would people get to them?

• 29andCounting-PGO29andCounting-PGO Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭✭✭

I once heard someone claim that a basketball court didn’t have pedestrian access.

• X0bai-PGOX0bai-PGO Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭✭✭

This was rejected due to location, so can we get the pin information in order to give informed feedback?

• Elijustrying-INGElijustrying-ING Posts: 5,483 Ambassador

The pin is in the first picture.

if I use that, it shows as placed on the gate at the entrance. So that is fine.

Streetview is also fine. For the reviewer they should have seen the play area tucked in with the distinctive red triangle and play equipment. So for me (and I could have potentially reviewed this) this is fine.

In my opinion, this should have passed. It looks like a typical play area of the time this type of housing was built. I would have lost out on an agreement, and you have lost a precious upgrade.

The supplementary doesn’t add anything so since you might want to resubmit I think it wise to address that and make the supplementary actively help you. Your picture from street view is zoomed in so I would take a supplementary with that view from that pavement corner so that the playground shows up very crisply. I suspect that reviewers did not zoom in and if you don’t zoom it is not obvious. If you appeal I think you need to guide the person who will consider the appeal through all this.

I would point out that it is tucked in there.

I suspect fake could be from one or two who that if they couldn’t confirm location classed it as fake.

Is the date on the first picture the submission or reject date? Totally anecdotal but I try to avoid upgrading during the week in the U.K. as I have had some bizarre rejects with that time frame. But one way or another a passable submission has failed.

• HankWolfman-PGOHankWolfman-PGO Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭✭✭

When I typed in the coordinates of the pin, it put it in someone's garden nearby. However, the closest street view does still show where the park is, so that's sloppy reviewing in my eyes.

edited February 2023

Maybe something odd is going on with google /streetview as it put me right at the park🤔

Actually it was when I put the co ordinates into a different map app that it put it on right spot so maybe something odd.

• P1dg3ySlayer-PGOP1dg3ySlayer-PGO Posts: 165 ✭✭✭

It may not be necessary to show accessibility by foot, but I know some reviewers will reject anything for lack of pedestrian access..

It shouldn't put you insid the park, as the co-ordinates are pretty close to the playground.

i must have transposed a number wrongly which is possible given I wrote them down then typed them out.

This time I got as @HankWolfman-PGO says in another garden. People could have moved it as it is only out by a short but vital distance, but perfectly reasonable to reject. If you don’t put it at the proper location it will keep getting rejected.

• DracFury-PGODracFury-PGO Posts: 146 ✭✭✭

From the Supporting Info Photo AND Streetview, the photos dont match. It NEEDS a 360 photo doing AT the playground where you are standing taking the photos.

• Gazzas89-PGOGazzas89-PGO Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭✭✭

Personally, the supporting info could have been taken from the other side to show the building and street, but other than that, no reason to reject. Thunk you got a bad batch of reviewers