Am I doing a bad nomination ?

So what do you guys think ? I posted the same nomination 2 times and gotten diffrent rejections first of quality of picture and now the second time as temporary / seasonal natural environment.

Is say blue pillars with rocks on,

in Swedish, and the description, art put up by groupe of building complex.

I'm my minde it's pretty unique art and it's some other similar installments in the area with ther own unique style.

Is it a bad place or what do you guys think, it's not as it is a natural environment. Or can it be bots that see the stone and say it's natural?

Thanks for opinions.

Comments

• X0bai-PGOX0bai-PGO Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭✭✭

Definitely going to need better supporting information than that for a claim that it’s an art installation, including the artist who installed it, the date it was installed, why it’s there, who sponsored it, etc.

Because I’m actually pretty sure it was, like, a bored 7-year-old, and it’s not “art” at all.

• holdthebeer-INGholdthebeer-ING Posts: 199 ✭✭✭✭

Even if the rocks were placed there by a "bored-7-year-old", how would you explain blue pillars?

To me, it's definitely an art. Temporary or not, that's the question.

• X0bai-PGOX0bai-PGO Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭✭✭

Give the reviewers proof of who put them there and when and why and that will establish both permanence and the explore criterion. Lacking that, this nomination has neither.

• Elijustrying-INGElijustrying-ING Posts: 5,482 Ambassador

Hello and Welcome @Alexs9090-PGO

It looks a lovely area.

I had a nosey around on streetview. I can see that boulders are used quite a bit for decorative effect and I did see a different blue post with rock on top, but I couldn’t find the spot in the photos. So these are clearly a feature in and around the houses but I can’t see it being agreed as art.

It sort of looks as though there are benches next to it. Is this a communal social space - is there anything else there that could be submitted?

I saw play equipment on Satellite view, but is that all within the school grounds?

Is there a community notice board somewhere?

Is there a residents group that you could encourage to put up some information boards about the local area - it seems to be an area with lots of natural features.

• 29andCounting-PGO29andCounting-PGO Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭✭✭

I definitely saw a swing.

• Alexs9090-PGOAlexs9090-PGO Posts: 4 ✭✭

Thanks for your inputs, we'll ther is no information placks on the diffrent blue pillars, but I think it was put up when the houses were built in 1992, i have been to that area atleast like 10 years earlier and the same stones have been ther all the time and haven't been moved and ther are another one that I posted before also, I will put a picture as a reference as the "art style" atleast in Sweden... we usually up up some nice things in house areas so it don't look like a boring place.

And ther are a swing set and sand box play area that I have nominated also but still in Q.