Problems with this Challenge

Aquablast64-PGOAquablast64-PGO Posts: 244 ✭✭✭✭

I feel with the Day 1 recap being 68% of the Tier 1 goal & 45% of Tier 2 that most players made the assumption that we hit the goal before 3 days & then swap their bonus location to another area that needs reviewers. This is due to poor communication from Niantic.

Also, when I reviewed 100 nominations with a bonus location of the suggested areas, I am lucky if I get 10 nominations from Indonesia. I feel it needs to be easier to get Indonesia reviews to appear in your review queue. Personally, I feel if I am reviewing 100 nominations that 30-40 reviews should be from Indonesia.

Tagged:

Comments

• patsufredo-PGOpatsufredo-PGO Posts: 4,214 ✭✭✭✭✭

(1) Language barrier

(2) "What is it" category

(3) Grandfathered Wayspots from pre-Pokemon GO era, also known as Schrödinger Wayspots

• Hi Explorers,

Thank you for the feedback we'll be making some changes to the next challenge.

Safe Exploring!

• I hope I'm interpreting your question correctly. If so, then yes to some extent. While we can't make significant changes like we would want to do for future challenges, we will be making one small change to benefit the community for this (Indonesia) challenge. I'll be sharing more on that tomorrow.

• PkmnTrainerJ-INGPkmnTrainerJ-ING Posts: 5,119 Ambassador

Appreciate the response but won’t be able to know for sure whether the change answers my question until more details are provided.

• Godstar0-INGGodstar0-ING Posts: 39 ✭✭

I sady have to agree with the fact that there was only a very low number of wayspots to review, plus there was really too much coal. Guess i only approved less like 10 because they were so bad.

For future challenges i'd really prefer an agreements tier plus maybe instead of changing the locations a button where you can opt in for challenges permanently ( recent one or other challenges in the future). Less stress for wayfarers and for nia ;-)

• Kaylee0712-PGOKaylee0712-PGO Posts: 61 ✭✭

I would have liked to see an in-app/website way of tracking if I was eligible for rewards. I spent a lot of time reviewing nominations with the hope of getting the upgrades. I reviewed at least 15+ from Indonesia, yet to my shock, disappointment, and anger, I did not receive any rewards. I feel robbed by the lack of transparency, and it makes me far less likely to participate in any further challenges or events

• Rodensteiner-PGORodensteiner-PGO Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭✭✭

thank you for participating. i am sorry that you didnt get the rewards for your 15+ reviews - i think you would have need to review a tiny bit more. or maybe a little bit more.

I think if there would be a signal when to "stop" would only hurt the process. After all we should do review alot so that Indonesia gets a little bit more love.

As a follow up, I got my rewards from PoGo, but it doesn’t appear like I ever got my actual Wayfarer rewards? The submission I had marked as upgrade next never got an automatic upgrade. It only upgraded after I reached the next 100 agreements…

• DEMARTIN0-PGODEMARTIN0-PGO Posts: 376 ✭✭✭✭

Problem is if they gave you 4/10 from Indonesia people that do not review a lot would review 10 the whole event and be done. They only pop up 1/15-20 then at least they are reviewing 100 or so. In think they had two things in mind with this event. Get local nominations pushed through and wipe out the back flow in Indonesia

I disagree that it would hurt the process. People who are dedicated enough to wayfarer to go through 1-200 reviews in order to get 20+ Indonesian stops likely would have done 200 reviews anyway, regardless of the challenge. Someone who reviews more casually may be MORE motivated if they can see a visual tracker towards their rewards process. Think of the upgrade tracker. Seeing how close you are to an upgrade motivates you to review more. If you had no idea how close you were to the next upgrade, it would be demotivating.