Indonesia Challenge Recap - How'd you do?

I'm curious how many nominations everyone reviewed during the challenge, specifically in novel Bonus Location areas. Here are my numbers:

about 37 around Makassar

about 27 around Bali

about 73 around Malang/east Java

I also set my review area in Rwanda for 3 days and reviewed 20 nominations there.

Overall I reviewed about 1600 nominations during the two weeks of the challenge with about 157 or 10% being in a Bonus Location. This is pretty standard based on the numbers I've tracked in the past, but it would be nice if the dial could be turned up to 20-25% for challenges like this.

Comments

• AgentX1976-INGAgentX1976-ING Posts: 598 ✭✭✭✭✭

I seemed to have gotten a decent amount from Indonesia. I did not track as closely as you did @tehstone-ING it took me a little bit to kind of figure out what I was looking at when nominations came in. But I think I might have gone a little too lenient on my voting. My rating has dropped for the first time in years from "great" to "good." I know there were a good amount of nominations that you could not necessarily verify by either street view or satellite view but I gave the benefit of the doubt when the nominations seem to be fairly well written and a point on Google Maps said that it was a mosque.

I think maybe some education from either Niantic or Indonesian locals on the amount of mosques that are in the country and what they typically look like would have been helpful for some people who might have been denying because of them looking like they were smack in the middle of a residential area. I think there might have been a lot of people thinking there was rampant abuse when Muslim prayer rooms are very common over there.

• 26thDoctor-PGO26thDoctor-PGO Posts: 4,914 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry, I didn't track it but it was about 10% too.

I probably helped the UK queues more than Indonesia as I assumed the Indonesian submissions would appear more as the challenge progressed so continued to review.

They didn't.

• willowitaly-INGwillowitaly-ING Posts: 88 ✭✭✭

I did about 4,500 reviews during the challenge. If my bonus accounts for about 10%, that’s around 450 reviews in Jakarta

• Elijustrying-INGElijustrying-ING Posts: 5,482 Ambassador

I can never do the sheer volume that others do so I didn’t see many. I approved a prayer room and a basketball court at a school 🙄 but not much else.

It has shown how different the wayfinder experience can be, along with a new appreciation of the quality of photos and descriptions I can come across.

• SiIverLyra-PGOSiIverLyra-PGO Posts: 952 ✭✭✭✭✭

(Rough numbers, because I've counted manually and got distracted at least once, but should be accurate enough)

First location - Bali: from the 15th (after the challenge started) to the 18th, I've done 127 local reviews and 301 Indonesian reviews.

Second location - Northern Sumatra (Medan and Lake Toba area): from the 18th to the 21st, I've done 91 local reviews and 315 Indonesian reviews.

Third location - Addis Ababa: from the 21st to the 24th, I've done 72 local reviews and 97 Ethiopian reviews (skipped a couple, I'm quite certain I saw 100 reviews overall from my bonus location). Out of those, only 18 had original, non-3rd party photos. Addis Ababa's huge 3rd party photo issue is what caused me to review a lot less during these 3 days.

Fourth location - South Kalimantan (Borneo): from the 24th to the 27th, I've done 126 local reviews and 141 Indonesian reviews. South Kalimantan also seems to have a significant 3rd party photo problem, but not nearly as overwhelming as Addis Ababa, and most of them were obvious screenshots (either with thick black bars or Google Street View watermarks). I've also ran out of reviews a couple of times while in this area.

Fifth location - Northwestern Papua: from the 27th until now, I've only gotten a single review from the whole Papua area (which was ineligible, unfortunately). From my local area, I've done 56 reviews overall. I've frequently reached the end of the reviews queue due to the limited activity in my local area, which comes to show that unfortunately the Papua area that I've chosen (one of the few spots with a relatively dense concentration of wayspots in all of Indonesian Papua) seems to be empty of Wayfarer activity.

Final count - 472 local reviews (35.6%), plus 855 bonus location reviews (64.4%, out of which 758 - 88.6% of the bonus total, 57% of the grand total - were Indonesian), amounting to a grand total of 1327 reviews.

• kawin240-INGkawin240-ING Posts: 803 Ambassador

Did South Jakarta and Surakarta. Should be just short of 100 Indonesia reviews. A bit more in Surakarta than Jakarta appeared for me.

I used my Bonus Location for: South Jakarta, Tonga, Pitcairn, Benin & Togo, Surakarta

I reviewed a lot during the event to get that number, my usual play location profited more than Indonesia too, for sure.

From 33.918 it increased to 35.464 total reviews, that's 1.546 reviews during the event time frame!

From 25.067 my agreements increased to 25.966, but I'm afraid only a few of those were from Indonesia, even less of them being acceptances.

• niktero-PGOniktero-PGO Posts: 369 ✭✭✭✭✭

I picked 3 of my 5 locations in Indonesia and reviewed about 1,000 from Indonesia. I was previously at the end of my queue and only receiving bonus location reviews and local reviews as soon as they entered voting. On one day I kept track and out of 100 reviews I saw 27 that were not from Indonesia so about 70% bonus and 30% upgrade.

Bandung &Jakarta- 588

Manado- 223 (hit the end of queue)

Surakarta &Semarang- 188 (only had a day and a half here)

I also checked out Rwanda (57 total) and Northwest Nepal (35 total)

• HaramDingo-INGHaramDingo-ING Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭✭✭

I didn't really participate, but I was somewhat still involved in spirit since I had some commentary and I had a nomination that I submitted earlier this year within Ngurah Rai Airport.

But it never left 'In Queue'...

• PkmnTrainerJ-INGPkmnTrainerJ-ING Posts: 5,119 Ambassador

Not sure myself. I did about 60 reviews a day and about 7 or 8 were from Indonesia each day.

No fancy tech for me

• xLilPoundcake-PGOxLilPoundcake-PGO Posts: 104 Ambassador

Aside from keeping track manually during the challenge of numbers, is there any way to determine if anything I approved was accepted? Also, has anyone gotten rewards yet?

• tehstone-INGtehstone-ING Posts: 1,154 Ambassador

There's no easy way to check this without keeping track, no.

As for rewards, they're going out soon but idk exactly when.

• xLilPoundcake-PGOxLilPoundcake-PGO Posts: 104 Ambassador

Thanks so much!

• Gokillicious-PGOGokillicious-PGO Posts: 10 ✭✭

The period of giving reward is up to 15 march right? Maybe we should wait until then