Abusive deletion of a waypoint related to a religious heritage (France)

Title of the Wayspot: Crucifix de Peyrefitte

City: Peyrefitte-sur- l'Hers

Screenshot of the Rejection Email: Not applicable (we cannot report from the applications for a deleted waypoint)

Photos to support your claim:

Image 1 : Google Street Maps capture showing the gate for safe access

Image 2 : Geoportail.fr capture mentionning of the cross (French topographic map)

Image 3 : Aerial photograph (Geoportail.fr) showing the layout around the cross and its setback from the road

Image 4 : Cadastral division (Geoportail.fr)

Additional information:

The waypoint is located in the hamlet of Christ (you can't make this up) in the commune of Peyrefitte-sur-l'Hers. It appears on topographic maps (image 2) and is mentioned in Google Maps.

It is set back from the road and it is possible to access it safely through a small dedicated gate (Image 1).

According to the cadastral division, we can clearly see that the parcel is distinct from the neighboring private residences.

Thanks you

Tagged:

Comments

• Gehel31-INGGehel31-ING Posts: 15 ✭✭

The statue is about 2 meters high. This monument is much more than a simple rural cross. 

• LittlePada-INGLittlePada-ING Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited March 2023

Je connais les 2 portails, j'y suis allé plusieurs fois. Il n'y a aucune différence entre Aulon et Peyrefitte. Dans les 2 cas, ce sont des routes où il y a très peu de passage, pas de trottoir et ce n'est pas dangereux (c'est mon avis).

Maintenant, bizarrement, quand le portail est bleu, vous demandez la suppression. Quand il est vert, et qu'il se passe la même chose, vous chouinez. Un peu de cohérence, merci...

En plus, il faudra m'expliquer un jour à quoi ça sert ? Si tu fais sauter le portail à Aulon, on va jouer avec un autre à côté. Pareil à Peyrefitte... Ça change quoi ? Rien...

Donc continuez à demander la suppression de portails valides et identiques, si vous avez du temps à perdre.

Et pour finir, je vous invite à regarder mes stats de création de portails, elles sont ouvertes. Chacun son style 😉😘

edited March 2023
  • ap011012-INGap011012-ING Posts: 84 ✭✭✭

@Nadiwereb-PGO, 👍

Indeed, Ingress players will do anything to defend (or have removed) certain strategic waypoints. This is the fair of bad faith when appealling, as you can see above. That said, I think you can find worse on this forum 😂.

More generally (and seriously), the fact that Pokemon Go is not played in the same way as Ingress leads to some inconveniences on both sides. For example, the fact that the positions of the waypoints (which, according to a cellular logic, determine the arenas and the pokestops) in PoGo or, that the attacks, in Ingress, require to be positioned exactly in line with the waypoint leads to abuses of both players.

In Ingress, some waypoints become strategic and some players, on one side or the other, try to use either to use waypoints that are not easily accessible (even if it means that they are sometimes at the limit of the eligibility criteria) or to remove portals used by the opposing faction (whose links are allowed by keys that must be exchanged, often in large numbers).

To have wanted to use the same database of waypoints for games with completely different strategies is, in my opinion, the original sin of Wayfarer.

See you soon 😬😅

• nic31tlse-INGnic31tlse-ING Posts: 4 ✭✭

Congratulation

If the deletion of this portal is considered abusive then please do the same for the portal of Aulon Croix des Hautisses which has been validated 3 times and deleted 3 times following photo montages and other non-legitimate arguments. 

@NianticOtoStar , You are the person who rejected the restoration of this portal, at least be impartial this is just a game

Thanks

Monumento desaparecido

adricvaO-PGO Posts: 2 ✭✭ July 2022

Title of the Wayspot: aulon-croix des hautisses

City: Aulon

Photos to support your claim:

Additional information:

Hola hago esta reclamación ya que el Pokestop o el lugar donde se encuentra el Pokestop ya no existe como lo demuestran los documentos anteriores

Tagged: Niantic

Flag

Quote 1

Insightful

Disagree

Comments

• elpablo1381-ING Posts: 2 ✭✭ August 2022
    • @NianticVK,

• Please check Google maps at this location : 43.1874597, 0.8262588.
    • Please compare the google streetview picture and the @adricvaO-PGO one.
    • You can see exactly the same picture whithout the cross. But if you look carefully his picture, you can see that it is a retouched picture based on Google streetview picture (the cross has just been erase) :
    • -The electrical cable shadow is exatly at the same place
    • -the cloud are exactly the same
    • -the vegetation is exatly the same (leaf, flower)
    • -and the best one : there still à Google Streetview Watermark in the sky :

• Thesacrikiller-ING Posts: 45 ✭✭ August 2022
    • NianticVKJul 29, 2022
    • Thanks for the appeal, @adricvaO-PGO! It looks like we haven’t gotten to this request yet or it hasn’t been submitted via the Scanner; at this time, we only take appeals to overturn decisions we’ve already made.

• Hello, for information :
    • i just past near the portal this morning and what I see ? Oh magically a cross ! It’s amazing !

• i think it’s obviously an abuse report, maybe u can take some decision about this unacceptable comportement …

• i ask you for restore the portal please and take decision about this behavior of bad faith, in + he falsified picture …..
    • Flag
    •  Quote 1
    • Insightful
    • Disagree
    •  

• Hello @NianticVK , clearly you can see that the Wayspot exists and that this is a false report, in the Streetview view you can see the Wayspot, the Wayfinder is abusing editing techniques in his photos to justify his report but still I do not present enough evidence for the Wayspot to be removed. The reincorporation of the Wayspot is required as it is one of great importance to the community.
    • Flag
    •  Quote 1
    • Insightful
    •  Disagree
    •  
    • Heptaion-ING Posts: 5 ✭✭ August 2022
    • I can confirm the POI still exist, but because it was a strong anchor for ingress OP in South West of France for the RES, an ENL player reported it with a photoshoped picture.
    • Please bring the POI back and take measure against this abusive player
    • Flag
    •  Quote Insightful
    • Disagree
    •  
    • gunkipike-ING Posts: 3 ✭✭ August 2022
    • Hello
    • I am the player living in the street of this cross, I can confirm that this beautiful cross embellishes my daily life during my passage in front of it morning and evening.

• We are not here to talk about bad faith or targeted behavior towards me, especially the countless times this cross has been broken by cheating (regular spoof). But I think that kind of abusive, false report deserves a sanction.
    • We're far from just sinfully abusive, we're on tampering with evidence with photoshop.

• I ask you Niantic to take this into consideration in order to regulate what was affected by this report
    • Flag
    •  Quote Insightful
    • Disagree
    •  
    • Thesacrikiller-ING Posts: 45 ✭✭ August 2022
    • gunkipike-INGAug 12, 2022
    • Hello
    • I am the player living in the street of this cross, I can confirm that this beautiful cross embellishes my daily life during my passage in front of it morning and evening.
    • We are not here to talk about bad faith or targeted behavior towards me, especially the countless times this cross has been broken by cheating (regular spoof). But I think that kind of abusive, false report deserves a sanction.
    • We're far from just sinfully abusive, we're on tampering with evidence with photoshop.
    • I ask you Niantic to take this into consideration in order to regulate what was affected by this report

• @NianticVK @NianticAaron check this please
    • Flag
    •  Quote Insightful
    • Disagree
    •  
    • photos of today,

• Nadiwereb-PGONadiwereb-PGO Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭✭✭

@nic31tlse-ING

One is a cross that's in a park that's accessible through a gate and that's perfectly safe to stand next to.

The other one is a cross that's located next to a crossroad with no sidewalk or pathway leading up to it. The only way it can be accessed is by crossing the road at a dangerous spot or trespassing through private residential property.

One is eligible, one is not.

Go figure.

Most of the Ingress players in Toulouse area are fair-play.

Unfortunately, there are a few agents from the Resistance faction who are particularly angry and inconsistent.

They don't hesitate to denounce a perfectly valid wayspot just because it's next to an opponent's house.

At the same time, they are offended by the opposite case, even if it would be dangerous for young players.

Finally, some of them are disrespectful towards Niantic officials decision.

In some sports, this is a red card.

• Hey there, @nic31tlse-ING! We have taken another look, however, stand by our decision to retire the Wayspot "Aulon-croix des hautisses".