Criteria are a Joke

I'm seeing all these frisbee golf baskets get accepted against Niantic guidance and I nominate a bunch of informational signs and trail blazers for Waystops, yet they get rejected. Is there no punishment for idiocracy? I'm a new Wayfinder and to be honest, this lack of truism to the rules is ruining everything about the game that encourages exploration (i.e. "hidden gems"), exercise (get on the trails and move!), and social importance (one of my waypoints was literally the only place in the neighborhood to meet). And the required "What is it?" - we are just training AI. F this, I'm out.

Comments

• patsufredo-PGOpatsufredo-PGO Posts: 4,217 ✭✭✭✭✭

What kind of informational signs did you submit? And what rejection reasons did it got?

• PaulingZubat-PGOPaulingZubat-PGO Posts: 604 Ambassador

The communication and criteria consolidation certainly needs improvement but so is improvement for individual nominations.

• SeaprincessHNB-PGOSeaprincessHNB-PGO Posts: 1,608 Ambassador

Welcome! Wayfarer can be both exciting and rewarding AND frustrating and confusing. It's all things!

There are a few of us here who absolutely love to help people improve their nominations. I benefitted a lot from others when I started out (and still sometimes need assistance). If you don't mind, please share with us screen shots of the nomination so we can clearly see the title, main photo, description, location pin, second photo, and supplemental information. It would help us to see the rejection reasons if you're trying to resubmit something that was rejected.

There are a lot of things the nominator takes for granted because they are standing in front of the item that we reviewers from afar can't grasp. Hopefully we can help you figure out how to effectively communicate those to people who aren't standing beside you.

• MargariteDVille-INGMargariteDVille-ING Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭✭✭

What do you mean by "neighborhood"? You aren't owed a wayspot meters from your house, or even kilometers. And the entrance to the neighborhood meets no criteria (unless it's exceptionally artistic, or it marks the spot where a historic event happened). However, if your neighborhood has a tennis court, basketball court, playground, etc - you could nominate that.

Or, by "neighborhood", to you mean a complete working town?

In other words,: so far your query doesn't contain enough info for us to help you. But if you'd expand, we're glad to help.

• Kat1978477760-PGOKat1978477760-PGO Posts: 3 ✭✭

Well apparently I need help. I tried to mimick like pokestops that I see but mine are rejected. I've only submitted 4..but so far 3 are rejected. Only one I actually saw the reason for. 2 I'm not sure why and it didn't show easily. I'm frustrated but will keep trying.

• PkmnTrainerJ-INGPkmnTrainerJ-ING Posts: 5,127 Ambassador

You can’t take what exists on the map as eligible items.

Criteria changes, and sometimes coal slips through the net.

What did you nominate? Can you share screenshots?

• Elijustrying-INGElijustrying-ING Posts: 5,483 Ambassador

Hello and welcome @Kat1978477760-PGO

You have come to right place for some help. 😎

in order to help can you post the following:

screenshots of both main photo and supplementary - use the paperclip icon other wise it will go to be moderated first.

The text of the description and supplementary info cut and paste so that anyone can translate if they need to.

And if you are ok with it the location so that we can find it and look at streetview.

• CopperChick-PGOCopperChick-PGO Posts: 273 ✭✭✭

I have the same issue. I just had a trail and facilities map rejected and when I sent it to a friend he sent me a picture of his memorial bench that was accepted. Just a plain ordinary wood bench with a tiny memorial plaque on it.