Do please bring back location on board reviewing

It's already frustrating trying to adapt to the new layout that you've made for those who review submissions. But by removing the location of where and what we are analyzing from the first image point, it becomes even more complicated.

The map that you provide is now even more difficult to handle for better understanding. I am now having more serious problems to try to understand if I'm actually seeing the correct point on the map or if it's a duplication or forgery submission. It has become impossible to give a good review. Which often results in skipping or misqualifying the review.

At least bring back the location in the pictures, to understand where!!!

Comments

• PaulingZubat-PGOPaulingZubat-PGO Posts: 604 Ambassador

Street view is still usable (unless there is none for the location), look for little pegman at the bottom right of the map.

• Babarushki-PGOBabarushki-PGO Posts: 195 ✭✭✭

Yes! Thank you for posting this. Not knowing if a site is in my state/province or halfway around the world really does make a difference. I’m even less confident now of reviewing.

using satellite view instead of map does nothing.

this is one terrible change, Niantic.

• Babarushki-PGOBabarushki-PGO Posts: 195 ✭✭✭

I’ve been away from reviewing for a few months.

Do we know why location and location maps are no longer available to reviewers? My prediction is that the good and great reviewers will get even more fed up, and the poor and mediocre reviewers will multiply geometrically.

This is SUCH a bad decision by Niantic.

• Hosette-INGHosette-ING Posts: 3,469 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Babarushki-PGO What do you mean by "location maps are no longer available to reviewers"?

• Shilfiell-INGShilfiell-ING Posts: 1,560 Ambassador

Am I the only one that just zooms out on the presented map to determine what city I'm reviewing in, if it even matters? It costs me little time, and in truth an object that's ineligible in my home town is probably ineligible in any town from which my reviews are pulled.

• Hosette-INGHosette-ING Posts: 3,469 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Shilfiell-ING I do that sometimes, and it's a pain in the keister.

• Elijustrying-INGElijustrying-ING Posts: 5,483 Ambassador

@Shilfiell-ING no you are not alone 😎.

I think all the points about the address are important as people process the information we have to review.

So I see the new combined location map as layers that I work through a layer at a time.

General look at situation relative to other wayspots and check for duplicates, click on satellite get a sense of topography some things a Multi use games area stand out. I always used to check satellite view anyway just different sequence now. Select the google pegman to select streetview.

With some of the questions raised, it strikes me that a proportion of people were not fully aware about switching from satellite and streetview in the past. It makes me stop and think about what I was expecting reviewers to do previously. So I think that is something to look at.

In an ideal world like many various sites I interact with, I would want to personalise my experience by toggling various settings. This allows for different styles.

• Purptacular-PGOPurptacular-PGO Posts: 284 ✭✭✭✭

Thank you so much for posting this as it had honestly not occurred to me. I frequently Google for more information about parks, businesses, et cetera that I am reviewing, and it can be much more difficult to drill down to the right information when I don't input the city and state as part of my search criteria. I still don't appreciate that Wayfarer has taken away the direct, useful information it used to provide, but I am grateful for a workaround.