Three pokestops accented but only showed up

Hello

I got three pokestops accepted but only one is showing up in pokemon go map.

Is there a reason why ? , and how can it be fixed ?

Thank you.

Comments

• 29andCounting-PGO29andCounting-PGO Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭✭✭

They probably share a cell with another pokestop. Only one pokestop can be in a cell.

• Vhfcb-INGVhfcb-ING Posts: 228 ✭✭✭

they probably stole your poi from the ingress and left you the scraps. you don't create pokestops like your game says, just poi to their common map

• Elijustrying-INGElijustrying-ING Posts: 5,482 Ambassador

Hello and welcome @Hussain0U0-PGO

If you provide the names of the wayspots and exact location (co ordinates works well) we can have a look to confirm.

But this is likely to be what has happened.

The underlying issue is that Niantic have not explained what happens when you submit a new point of interest from poke pokemon go.

Although the impression you are given when you submit something is that you are submitting the POI to be a pokestop, the reality is that you are submitting something with the potential to be a pokestop.

Once your nomination is approved, it is accepted into the Lightship database - this holds all approved wayspots and is separate from all Niantic games. That is the end point of wayfarer, and what happens next is not related to wayfarer.

Each game sets its own rules as to what it will take from the database to use in that particular game. So what gets selected is purely down to Pokémon Go.

For Pokémon Go the rules revolve around the use of some mapping software commonly referred to as S2 cells it  breaks down the surface into smaller and smaller cells - each size is referred to as level and a number. 

Google: S2 cells and Pokémon Go - Pokémongohub  has a very good explanation.

The key is that in PoGo it only accepts 1 wayspot in each Level 17 cell, so if there is already a pokestop or gym in the game in that cell, yours will not be selected to enter Pokémon Go.

It is disappointing and frustrating when this happens.  

There is a lot to learn,  but don’t be put off. It sounds like you have created some new in game content, and that is cool. Enjoy visiting those stops.

• Hussain0U0-PGOHussain0U0-PGO Posts: 3 ✭✭

Thank you, you explained it very well.

I didn't know that there should be a specific range between pokestops.

Can i change its location, move it a bit ? Or should i re do it ?

• Hosette-INGHosette-ING Posts: 3,469 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Hussain0U0-PGO You can't move it from within Pokemon Go since it doesn't appear there.

If the pin is already in a correct location then you generally shouldn't move it because Niantic considers it abuse to move wayspots to manipulate a specific game's board.

• Elijustrying-INGElijustrying-ING Posts: 5,482 Ambassador

Hi,

if you provide the location and name we can give detailed advice, however I know not everyone is happy to do that on a public forum.

Before you do anything more do check out the cells in your area. Where your wayspot lies relative to the cell lines will be important.

As your submission is now a wayspot, if you make a fresh submission when it is reviewed the original will show up as existing and the new one will simply be marked as a duplicate.

As @Hosette-ING has said moving the wayspot after it has been created just to make it appear will not be possible. If it is genuinely not accurate then it could be moved.

Most of the time the best thing to do is put it down to experience, learn from it and find a new place to submit.