Do appeals take months to process?

BurgerOfBob-PGOBurgerOfBob-PGO Posts: 6 ✭✭
edited April 2023 in Misc Appeals Discussion

I have two appeals out, one of which was submitted late December still no decision. Is there something else I should do? Why would an appeal take so long? Also, that submission was upgraded. Does the upgrade not have any impact on appeals?

Best Answer

• HankWolfman-PGOHankWolfman-PGO Posts: 4,857 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Appeals have quite a backlog due to a few issues in the past which I won't bore you with the details of.

Currently Niantic are working from both ends of the queue though. So reviews are effectively being done on both a First In, First Out (FIFO) basis and a Last In, First Out (LIFO) basis.

If your appeal was submitted after March 8th 2023, it will probably be reviewed pretty quickly by the reviewers taking care of the LIFO side of things. The reviewers taking care of the FIFO side of things are up to around June 2022 from what I gather. So because your appeal was submitted in December 2022, it's kinda in the middle of everything and it will take a while before your appeal makes it to either end of the queue.

Answers

• HankWolfman-PGOHankWolfman-PGO Posts: 4,857 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Appeals have quite a backlog due to a few issues in the past which I won't bore you with the details of.

Currently Niantic are working from both ends of the queue though. So reviews are effectively being done on both a First In, First Out (FIFO) basis and a Last In, First Out (LIFO) basis.

If your appeal was submitted after March 8th 2023, it will probably be reviewed pretty quickly by the reviewers taking care of the LIFO side of things. The reviewers taking care of the FIFO side of things are up to around June 2022 from what I gather. So because your appeal was submitted in December 2022, it's kinda in the middle of everything and it will take a while before your appeal makes it to either end of the queue.

• Kolfew-PGOKolfew-PGO Posts: 7 ✭✭

they still reject my nominations, which should be top, but you haven't started solving any appeals