Title edit appeal - Kaszëbsci Krzësztof

Title of the Wayspot: Kaszëbsci Krzësztof

City: Gdańsk

Screenshot of the Rejection Email:

Photos to support your claim:

Couple of links instead of the photo

Fontanna Neptuna - Zabytek.pl - official web page of Polish National Heritage Institute about this object

Fontanna Neptuna (www.gdansk.pl) - official webpage of city of Gdańsk

Neptune's Fountain (Fontanna Neptuna) (Gdansk) - All You Need to Know BEFORE You Go (tripadvisor.com)

Additional information: Please restore the correct name of this historical object - "Fontanna Neptuna". This is a very important symbol of city of Gdańsk and malicious change of its name is offensive for every citizen of Gdańsk. Please restore the correct name and prevent further changes to it as this has been renamed by a group of offenders several times already.

Tagged:

Comments

• Robert4444-INGRobert4444-ING Posts: 830 ✭✭✭✭

Any change of the OFFICIAL name "Fontanna Neptuna" (Neptune's Fountain) to some gibberish should be immediately banned. LOCK THESE NAME CHANGES! THERE IS NO KASHUBIAN NAME OF THIS PLACE! google does not provide results for the query Kaszëbsci Krzësztof.

• Godocz-PGOGodocz-PGO Posts: 162 ✭✭

Rozumiem, że korzystasz głównie z wyszukiwarki Google, ale może warto spróbować zainteresować się książkami? Odkryjesz wtedy świat w inny sposób i zobaczysz wiele ciekawych rzeczy, które mogą Cię zainteresować. Z pewnością warto poszerzać swoje horyzonty poza internetowymi wyszukiwarkami

https://www.polskieradio.pl/39/156/artykul/2823116,rzymski-neptun-kaszubski-kr%C3%ABsztof-dla-nas-jedna-z-najpiekniejszych-fontann-w-polsce

https://podroztrwa.pl/fontanna-neptuna-gdansk/

9. Wśród Kaszubów, którzy nazywają Neptuna Krësztofem, panuje zwyczaj, że każdy, kto po raz pierwszy odwiedza Gdańsk, musi pocałować bożka… w pośladki.

Interesuje mnie gwara ślaska, kuchnia orientalna, muzyka rockowa i kinematografia. Nie ma miejsca na wymierającą gwarę. Prędzej zainteresuję się językiem Esperanto albo Indian Navaho. To że jakaś grupka pasjonatów nazywa obiekty tak albo inaczej mnie zupełnie nie interesuje. Możecie nawet nazywać trzepaki do dywanów trapezami - wasza sprawa. Ale nie zmuszajcie innych żeby też tak to nazywali. Ilość graczy w Pokemon GO i Ingrerss których krzywdzicie jest ogromna.

Fontanna Neptuna to jedyna oficjalna nazwa.

Kropka.

It is with great pleasure that I propose new names for objects in the city center of Gdańsk for the Polish-Kashubian Concord. Names will be mostly in Polish, with Kashub added in brackets as an auxiliary language. I hope that this proposal will satisfy all parties and help to build positive relations between people representing different languages ​​and cultures. Of course, I'm asking for a reasonable amount of time to complete the task.

• NianticLCNianticLC Posts: 4,472 admin

Thanks for the appeal, @KotOtaki-PGO. Based on the evidence provided, we’ve made necessary changes to the title of the Wayspot.

@NianticLC  if you "made necessary changes" then why Wayspot name is now "Fontana Neptun (kaszb.Kaszëbsci Krzësztof)" instead "Fontanna Neptuna" like in appeal??? All your changes are miss.

@NianticLC

I am glad that you accepted Polish and Kashubian names on the waypot will contribute to ending the dispute and brought satisfaction to the inhabitants of Pomerania. It is important that we respect the cultural and linguistic diversity that enriches our society. I hope that in the future we will continue our efforts towards tolerance and mutual understanding.

• KotOtaki-PGOKotOtaki-PGO Posts: 84 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2023

Is there really no way of banning spammers like Godocz-PGO from this forum?

Current name Fontana Neptun (kaszb.Kaszëbsci Krzësztof) is totally incorrect, as it contains an orthographic error in the first word, it should be Fontanna instead of "Fontana", than it contais flexical error in the second word - it should be Neptuna instead of "Neptun", so the correct name should be Fontanna Neptuna.

The part in parenthesis is not a translation but some confabulation based on incorrect bases.

For anyone who might be interested in the source of this confabulated info here it is

This is a page from mass market tourist guide from 1970s. This lists a tale on how Kashubians call Neptune of Gdańsk

(not a fountain, but Neptune). As you can see this shows no source of the info so it can be considered nothing more but a story created by the guide's author.

@NianticLC, please restore the correct name of this most famous object of an Old Town of Gdańsk, Poland and please do not allow any more unrelated names to be used for it.