Should I appeal this rejected nomination?

Hi everybody,

I still have difficulties how to nominate elements aside of buildings based about how in Spain understand the "private property" - aside of one family building without other buildings attached - and the fact that there's a lot of valid nominations in Barcelona - several of them are even gyms -, but probably are almost before the changes in 2020(?) about those type of nominations.

Anyways, I'm not sure if it will be worthy to appeal this recent rejected nomination:

My nomination was based in the purple crystal diamonds like purple flowers as anemones.

It's not centered in a particular private home but cultural architecture from our city Barcelona, which I believe that it's enough to be a valid nomination without being problematic, but maybe I'm wrong.

Should I appeal this nomination? Should I put again but with other perspective to not be rejected? I'm totally wrong and there's no way that actually this can be a valid nomination?

Thanks for all your time :)

Comments

• RedHotRutabaga-PGORedHotRutabaga-PGO Posts: 40 ✭✭

I wouldn't advise appealing the rejection. While the POI is a beautiful architectural part of the building, it doesn't check off any approval criteria, in my opinion.

• Elijustrying-INGElijustrying-ING Posts: 5,482 Ambassador

@Shinymoon3-PGO

Hello and welcome,

I think it’s worth appeal.

If the reason for rejection was only because of single Private Residential Property then that is wrong as this is clearly a series of hones.

In your appeal directly address that issue. If there is anything that can be seen on streetview that would provide proof draw it to the attention of the person doing the appeal. if any other rejection reasons are given address those too.

Good Luck

• PaulingZubat-PGOPaulingZubat-PGO Posts: 604 Ambassador

Seems to be a case of a hard sell. For reference, see this thread:

Context and presentation makes the difference between a generic arch and a cityscape project in their case. We can't see your texts, that should tip the scales a bit. Simply saying it is "unique architecture" isn't good practice. Resub with better info assuming it isn't a single family residence too.

• Shinymoon3-PGOShinymoon3-PGO Posts: 15 ✭✭

I will meditate if I appeal this nomination but right now it's my main candidate about my rejections, the others are not worthy or probably a new nomination with a better picture (even if I thought that shouldn't apply the "bad quality photo" rejection) and info. Thanks for all the tips, I like to learn how to make better nominations :)

• SeaprincessHNB-PGOSeaprincessHNB-PGO Posts: 1,607 Ambassador

The reality is that what you are submitting here is stained glass. Is there a history of stained glass being used in residential architecture in Barcelona? When was this building built? Were the stained glass windows original to the building? Were they added later? Are the flowers actually related to something locally important (like if this was in Holland, I'd expect it to be tulips but I don't know what flowers are culturally relevant in Barcelona).

When I think of Barcelona, my brain automatically goes to either gothic cathedrals or Gaudi - this is neither of those. (Obviously, Spain built lots of buildings that don't fall into those 2 styles.) I don't know if this is quite interesting enough to be something I would want to see. Maybe you can do some research to prove that it is.

• saarstahl-INGsaarstahl-ING Posts: 184 ✭✭✭

These windows are pretty cool unique architecture. I would love to see them as a wayspot/pokestop/portal the next time I visit beautiful Barcelona.

• RedHotRutabaga-PGORedHotRutabaga-PGO Posts: 40 ✭✭

Great. I'm glad I didn't let you down. And glad to be the object of a public insult rather than privately. I hope you feel better about yourself.

• Cowyn2016-PGOCowyn2016-PGO Posts: 597 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't know why you think correcting you is insulting you. I didn't name call you or talk about intelligence, I said you made bad advice.

If you look back, you wrote 4 posts in a row that day, I only responded to 2 of them because 2 of them were just opinions but 2 of them were just wrong information about nominations eligibility, I publicly corrected you so people don't read your wrong information and have it effect their voting on POIs or the nominations they enter.

If you don't like publicly responses, don't post publicly. I can't imagine what you think would have been a better way to correct public misinfomation. Send you a message so you could take down your wrong info? And how many people would have been mislead by wrong information between your public posting and getting the message and editting... assuming you even admitted your mistake and didn't try and argue about it. My posting publicly also opened me up to public response. If my corrections were wrong, people would have said so.

• SeaprincessHNB-PGOSeaprincessHNB-PGO Posts: 1,607 Ambassador

I don't think what @RedHotRutabaga-PGO wrote was bad advice. They gave their opinion and even stated it as opinion. I happen to agree with them that this is not a strong candidate but I gave some questions to consider or research. If you could fill in any details along the lines of my questions, your "case" for this would be stronger. Clearly, the others in your area didn't think these were obviously good candidates. A few others in here have stated that this would be an iffy approval. I don't see how stating an opinion that agrees with local reviewers = "bad advice."

• Blania6967-PGOBlania6967-PGO Posts: 145 ✭✭✭

Niantic always rejects my appeal when it concerns things on building facades.

But it get's threw 75% of the time threw the reviewers

• worsty2-PGOworsty2-PGO Posts: 4 ✭✭

If it helps, I would have supported this nomination as is. I generally lean towards supporting nominations as more stuff in the game is better for all of us!

But if you can find any information on the window's history to include for the description, or any activities near to it that are about exploration and exercise that would probably help sway other people towards a yes too!

• Cowyn2016-PGOCowyn2016-PGO Posts: 597 ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe its a wording thing.

There is a big difference between saying something isn't good enough example and saying what he Wrote "While the POI is a beautiful architectural part of the building, it doesn't check off any approval criteria, in my opinion.". What he wrote is just wrong. One of the Niantic listed criteria is "Unique Art or Architecture" If he had wrote, something more like "While the POI is beautiful architectural part of the building, I don't see how it can be considered unique architecture for criteria. That's opinion and judgement we all make on the 5 Star System. **

What isn't judgement call is saying Architecture doesn't meet any approval criteria. It is a Niantic listed approval criteria. We don't get to say it's not. We can judge if something is good example of the criteria, but not that it doesn't meet any specific criteria.

** PS we weren't given the whole nomination in cut/paste form. There's no way of knowing if reviewers agreed with him or not. All we know is it didn't pass. We don't even know the listed rejection reasons for this nomination. Hence It might not have passed for example for completely incorrect reasons like "Private Property" which often gets wrongly listed as a rejection reason on Multifamily dwellings,and is a relatively common mistake for reviewers**

• Shinymoon3-PGOShinymoon3-PGO Posts: 15 ✭✭

I guess that boosted by the "upgrade doesn't working" bug - and appealing in English (?) -, my appeal was resolved in few days as accepted. Thanks all for your time :)

• Elijustrying-INGElijustrying-ING Posts: 5,482 Ambassador

Thanks for update