soccer field rejected with "Not historically or culturally significant " really?

First of all, I usually swear a lot but I try not to here.

Ok, that said.

I've recieved gifts from ingame friends all over the world which they collected at soccer field poke stops. Meaning to say, in different areas there are poke stops of soccer fields.

The nominated wayspot got rejected labeld as "Not historically or culturally significant". Are ye kiddin there ****?

I am the opposite of a soccer enthusiast but it is part of human culture, there is even a world tournament for that.

Compared to big cities we don't have a lot of different wayspots categorys here, most wayspots are either crosses, religious shrines and children playgrounds.

The latter seems to be odd anyway because most PoGo and Ingress players I know are 25+ years of age and for sure not interested in toddler playgrounds.

Meaning to say this, soccer field is a place for actual exercise and should be a Wayspot.

I would like to know why this was rejected as "Not historically or culturally significant".

Tagged:

Comments

• patsufredo-PGOpatsufredo-PGO Posts: 4,215 ✭✭✭✭✭

Because the Wayspot is actually a duplicate to another nearby Wayspot, whether the latter is a Pokestop in Pokemon GO or not. "Not historically or culturally significant" reason displayed instead of "Duplicate" is actually a recurring issue in Wayfarer.

What is the location of that soccer field?

• TroIIfarer-INGTroIIfarer-ING Posts: 227 Ambassador

I swear ive seen that same photo with Hitmonlee in the description....

• kawin240-INGkawin240-ING Posts: 803 Ambassador

Sometimes it's enough for some reviewers to duplicate and cause this bug just because something similar or belonging to it yet is a different object is there.

Fyi, I scouted the location by searching for the football club name in the description, the only possible thing someone could duplicate it to (which was wrongly duplicated), is the clubhouse. The field is not a wayspot yet.

• octaphel-PGOoctaphel-PGO Posts: 9 ✭✭

Oh, I see. Thanks for all those replies.

@patsufredo-PGO I'm sure it ain't a duplicate. For location see below.

@PaulingZubat-PGO Wayspots of other games are usually displayed on the map while nominating. There were no waypots for soccer fields in the area by the time of my nomination.

@Elijustrying-ING Why hell-oh to you as well. Agree, the clubhouse itself for sure is not a field, it's a structure, which is something else.

@TroIIfarer-ING You almost saw right, it was another photo of another field. I thought the community would like some fun descriptions. But now I know better. You are refering to this here.

anyway...

There are two fields, one which is used for official tournaments of the regional league, and one which is used for daily training and practice.

Field one: 47°05'45.4"N 9°20'18.9"E

Field two: 47°05'52.0"N 9°20'13.7"E

Clubhouse: 47°05'48.7"N 9°20'17.0"E

Ever since both fields got rejected it does not make any sense if they get rejected as duplicate if there is no actual spot there. I haven't checked if there is an Ingress spot for it in Ingress itself, but really, not likely. As mentioned by paulingzubat while nominating Wayspots of other games would be shown.

I've made sure that the "tournament field" , "the clubhouse" and the "practice field" are not to close to each other. which is quite easy. because soccer fields are big. but two different fields are sure not duplicates. a soccer field just mostly looks the same everywhere and is not visually unique.

• Elijustrying-INGElijustrying-ING Posts: 5,482 Ambassador

Since the clubhouse also starts FC Flums, it might be better to start the name of the fields with what they are first. Just creates a greater difference between the different points

the position you gave showed as being on the pitch. You should keep it on the edge as you did with field 2.

@Elijustrying-ING Thanks for the insight. I'm gonna try that. I first have to wait for the soccer field appeal to be accepted or declined, otherwise it would just generate a duplicate at some point.

During a review session I came across multiple nominations within a park, and each nomination lead with the park name and then the specific object in the park. As ex. it looked like this: ParkXY Bench, ParkXY Fountain, ParkXY Playground, ParkXY Snackshop

Because of that I thought that's the way it's supposed to be.

• 29andCounting-PGO29andCounting-PGO Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭✭✭

I always invert the names. Playground at XYZ Park, basketball at XYZ Park, etc. otherwise everything just says XYZ Park when you click it.

• Elijustrying-INGElijustrying-ING Posts: 5,482 Ambassador

@octaphel-PGO

There is no absolute right or wrong way, but I do tend to use the format what it is then where. And I do think this leads to more distinctive titles.

It is not uncommon for it to be place then what. This is partly a preference thing but in Ingress it does make grouping of portals/wayspots alphabetically easy. So you would easily find all the ones at X Park together in one block.

Good luck

• MargariteDVille-INGMargariteDVille-ING Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭✭✭

Initials are also good. Like "JQASP Playground" with description "Playground in John Quincy Adams State Park (JQASP)". Then all the JQASP keys would sort together alphabetically, without a long name overwhelming howevermany characters are shown in Comms, on keys, on the map, in missions, etc.

• No, it's not stuck. Please be patient and your appeal will be reviewed in due time. Thanks for your patience.

• Aquablast64-PGOAquablast64-PGO Posts: 244 ✭✭✭✭

In my opinion, you doomed your nomination by mentioning Hitmonlees and Voltorbs. Nomination descriptions are not supposed to be specific to any one game, since it may appear in other Niantic games too.

thanks for your replies.

@Aquablast64-PGO Jupp, seems like. It was my first nomination though and silly me tired to be funny. Shitty thing is I cannot edit the description because it is in that appeal cycle. Now I know. -_(^.^)_-

@NianticAaron I see. Feel free to throw it out of that appeal reel, if that's possible for admins. I can just go there and nominate it new. It will get declined anyway due to the PoGo reference in the description.