Appeal rejected oh well

ZinkyZonk-INGZinkyZonk-ING Posts: 300 ✭✭✭✭

Hey my appeal got rejected. But if you ever happen to be in Sunnybank plaza I can recommend a walk by the tropical fish aquarium located near the north east

entrance of the mall.

It's a beautiful little point of interest.

Comments

• 29andCounting-PGO29andCounting-PGO Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh my goodness you have GOT to be kidding. How dare an aquarium have live fishes in it (sarcasm)

• PeteC303-INGPeteC303-ING Posts: 799 ✭✭✭✭

Live animals isn’t even part of the “photo rejection criteria” so that is completely made up. It’s part of the “waypoint criteria”. But that rejection reason is utter nonsense.

• ZinkyZonk-INGZinkyZonk-ING Posts: 300 ✭✭✭✭

I know right .. lol ...

Technically yes there are live animals in the picture.

Yet I thought intent for the live animal restriction was due to people putting their pets in the picture or using animals to influence a decision.

I thought this would be a credible exception to the rule. Especially as the fish are small and contained within the poi.

Sometimes pois just don't get accepted. I have given this 3 tries over the years and the appeal came back negative. Time to move on.

But it is a lovely poi if you are in the area. 😁

• MargariteDVille-INGMargariteDVille-ING Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭✭✭

The animal rejection was originally for when someone nominates their pet, or a wild chipmunk or something. When people started putting their pet to the side in the picture, to signal their friend reviewers, the rejection reason grew to include those too.

It was never intended for, say, animals in a zoo. The lion exhibit is a fine Waypoint - people go there to explore. It could have been nominated 8 years ago, and the original lion died, and now there's a new lion. It's still a lion exhibit, and people still go there to see it. Even if the original lion is in the background of the Waypoint picture of the sign.

Same with a public aquarium. People go to see it. It's not about any particular fish. Gheez.

• ZinkyZonk-INGZinkyZonk-ING Posts: 300 ✭✭✭✭

Plot twist: now accepted.

Hooray! It's not a separate nomination.... They must have a review of appeals occasionally and have decided in favour afterall. Thanks Niantic and Wayfarer team!

• 29andCounting-PGO29andCounting-PGO Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Elijustrying-INGElijustrying-ING Posts: 5,483 Ambassador

That’s great news. Thanks for the update @ZinkyZonk-ING

• RandomExploit-INGRandomExploit-ING Posts: 948 ✭✭✭✭✭

I feel your pain. It feels like some of those looking at appeals are less aware of the rules than voters care going by badly rejected appeals.

I had this appeal rejected today, despite linking and advising the place has plenty of open days to the public etc. Still reachable from a path too. I could get a closer picture but you need a distance picture to show something as big as a windmill.

It's a shame that bad voting by wayfarers and Niantic stop something like this going through

• Leedle95-PGOLeedle95-PGO Posts: 609 ✭✭✭✭

From what I can read from the town’s website, the saw mill is indeed private property, not typically opened to the public, though they note the owners do at times open it. It seems the private residence might be an appropriate rejection reason. Even important historic buildings must not be private residences. If this is not, that would be the case to make to reviewers.