Selecting appropriate pin location for tennis court

I know we should not drop our pin when we nominate an athletic field on the field itself. For example on a baseball field, it should be behind home plate or on the side where the bleachers are, etc, but not on the field itself where players would play baseball.

Curious about submitting a tennis court... Tennis players go quite a bit off the marked court itself to serve and to return. So should I place the pin completely out of that area or would that area be okay? Marked photo attached as an example. Wondering which would be the better location to submit these tennis courts (1 nomination for both).

Comments

• HankWolfman-PGOHankWolfman-PGO Posts: 4,846 ✭✭✭✭✭

If it's surrounded by a fence, then I would place it at the gate in the fence, as that's the natural point of exploration.

If it doesn't have a fence or other border around it, I would likely place the pin on one of the net posts. That way it's not on the playing surface, meaning it's less likely to get in the way of people playing tennis, and it also has a physical anchor point.

• Cowyn2016-PGOCowyn2016-PGO Posts: 597 ✭✭✭✭✭

Depends on how you choose to nominate them. If you are nominating them together as 1 Waypoint "Tennis Courts" put the pin between them, either of the spots work.

If you are nominating them seperately, 2 pins one at top middle of pic, one at bottom middle of pic