Live in Wayfarer 3.1 is a new set of acceptance criteria! Please browse the information in this category with caution as it is in reference to the previous review guidelines. To learn more about the new criteria, see here: https://niantic.helpshift.com/a/wayfarer/

The confusing case of the fast food playground

2»

Answers

• GodZillaz88-INGGodZillaz88-ING Posts: 27 ✭✭

Yeah I hate this one too. I have seen (and submitted) some rather elaborate indoor playgrounds.

But I have 100% rejection rates on them I

• GearGlider-INGGearGlider-ING Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020

I've had some people use the "mcdonalds fast food playground" clarification to reject mall playgrounds/coin operated rides, despite those being specified as eligible. It's frustrating.

• GearGlider-INGGearGlider-ING Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭✭✭

Dang, those playgrounds sound awesome. Hopefully they get approved if you try them again.

• Andrew0095-INGAndrew0095-ING Posts: 232 ✭✭✭

You have to remember another thing. We are to vote not and not nominate things that are mass produced. I vote yes on a playground in a small park. If it is a large park, I will permit more than one. I know those are usually has produced.

The playgrounds at fast food restaurants are mass produced. I used to work at Burger King. We had one that was mass produced. One day, the playground was replaced by another mass produced playground.

With few exceptions, I believe most are mass produced and ineligible. I vote no if I see a playground at a fast food restaurant. I might have given 3 stars once. That was one of the exceptions. I will not specify where. Just walking there and back is a day's walk for me.

• KotkaPsotk4-PGOKotkaPsotk4-PGO Posts: 13 ✭✭

I think, a lot of playground at fast food restaurant are mass produced. And I vote "no" if I see playground only as fast food.

• Andrew0095-INGAndrew0095-ING Posts: 232 ✭✭✭

I live near the central of Arkansas. I still type regarding playgrounds. One Sonic that I will not place nearish me actually has an outdoor playground for the children. That is not uncommon. That is the one time I gave 3 stars. Between where you drive in and that playground is a volleyball court with the net and volleyball. That is one time I might have skipped voting because the volleyball court was so new that it did not and still does not make Google Maps in Satellite View. Then, the volleyball court did not make Street View.

• DukeOfBellaire-PGODukeOfBellaire-PGO Posts: 219 ✭✭✭

I will always reject any playgrounds on commercial properties such as McDonald's. Primary reason is a 'generic business', do not endorse businesses because it's not fair to mark one business but not every business in the city. Like gazebo in apartment swimming pools, commercial playgrounds are just too common and mass-produced.

• Roli112-PGORoli112-PGO Posts: 2,236 Ambassador

You should look at distinguishable features like surrounding buildings to help prove location.