Location or Object Descriptors in Title
All across Wayfarer I have seen countless edits to what seems to be a new sort of trend and that's putting the street name location to a sign. For example:
- ELS Hall Park to ELS Hall Park (Scott Street Entry)
- Windsor Downs Nature Reserve to Windsor Downs NR (Sanctuary Drive Entry)
- Scheyville National Park to Scheyville National Park Old Pitt Down Road gate
- Gannons Park to Jindabyne Crescent enterance at Gannons Park
- Lambert Reserve to Lambert Reserve sign
- Sad bird to Sad Bird Mural
I was fine with including a sort of directive description to the title (i.e. ELS Hall Park East) but now I feel these which don't even have any other entrances in the first place are just fluff and unnecessary now. For example, someone locally has been editing the word "Sign" into every single Park or "Mural" in an artwork that is already officially correct that doesn't even have it in the first place, and like we already know what it is, it doesn't have to be there.
I feel it's perfectly normal having just the park name as the wayspot's title. None of this sign or 'Street Entrance' thing, we should be using just the official name of the place and there shouldn't be any extra comments in the title. Only if it really is necessary to include the additional descriptor to help distinguish it from something else nearby to avoid being marked as a duplicate.
I don't know. I'm all for making things as concise and accurate as possible, but this trend is not really healthy. What's the consensus?