Live in Wayfarer 3.1 is a new set of acceptance criteria! Please browse the information in this category with caution as it is in reference to the previous review guidelines. To learn more about the new criteria, see here: https://niantic.helpshift.com/a/wayfarer/

Stormwater and Protected Area Signs

Hey there folks,

I have gotten a plethora of nominations in Washington, where the nomination looks like one of two signs.

I just wanted to confirm that both of these are in-eligible, because I have voted 1* 'Doesn't Meet Criteria" or "Natural Feature" on a ton of these, and yet they keep coming. Thanks!

Best Answers

Answers

• Gendgi-PGOGendgi-PGO Posts: 3,534 Ambassador

I would reject the first one. It does not provide educational information about the area and is more of a generic marker of an ecosystem. We have dozens of similar signs on a stretch of trail going along a watershed not even a few miles apart.

The second one I would probably approve, but pretty much only because of the information in the top right corner. It does provide educational information about how stormwater is collected to prevent flooding and erosion control. I don't find the nomination very well made and find the description a little irrelevant and the supplemental information entirely unnecessary.

• ValorWilbert-PGOValorWilbert-PGO Posts: 11 ✭✭

@CCTF-ING

@Gendgi-PGO but the only differences between the different run-off pool signs is the number designation, which is not exactly useful or really providing any educational benefit to the reader of the sign. Since the sign is at multiple different storm-water ponds, and all have the same educational description, shouldn't that make it a mass produced item that is ineligible?

• Lemurskin-PGOLemurskin-PGO Posts: 1 ✭✭

The Stormwater Pond signs should be considered educational and thus eligible. They are giving the reader information as to why they were created, how they benefit the eco system and in addition lets the reader know where they can get additional information if so inclined. Each of these signs are individual because they have their own assigned # and often an assigned name. These Stormwater ponds are man-made and should not be declined for being a natural feature such as a waterfall. Declining the submission under that criteria is totally incorrect.

• NorthSeaPoet-INGNorthSeaPoet-ING Posts: 895 ✭✭✭✭✭

Generic & mass produced signs, definitely 1*.