Live in Wayfarer 3.1 is a new set of acceptance criteria! Please browse the information in this category with caution as it is in reference to the previous review guidelines. To learn more about the new criteria, see here: https://niantic.helpshift.com/a/wayfarer/

How do you appeal to locals who keep voting against the guidelines?

I've had the same nomination rejected several times, but it's obviously something that would get accepted in English-speaking countries. What's the best way to get reviewers in a non-English-speaking country to become aware of the proper guidelines?

Answers

• oscarc1-INGoscarc1-ING Posts: 366 ✭✭✭✭✭

You can emphasise the guidelines in the supporting information (and hopefully they will read).

You can also communicate with your local communities and discuss why the nomination is being rejected (you can also do that here) and often you will receive feedback including advice on how to improve the nomination's chances for success.

• Ark4242-PGOArk4242-PGO Posts: 154 ✭✭✭

I've linked to the AMA page, I've linked to this forum where people say the exact nomination is good, I've linked to this forum in another topic where 6 other screenshots of similar accepted nominations are, but I keep getting the same thing rejected (and usually for random reasons like it's a body part or the photo is upside down or whatever). I've explained the guidelines and clarifications in Japanese and English in the supporting text, but still no luck.

• gaige67-PGOgaige67-PGO Posts: 11 ✭✭

An ongoing issue I find. Plaque in a park rejected because it's a business establishment, then because it's a picture of people. Just gotta keep trying for the betterment of play for your community. Some don't understand things that are eligible and some do on purpose. Good Luck!

It's like a country-wide problem here though. I'm not sure I'm going to get lucky and only hit all the expats and foreign reviewers who set Japan as their bonus location.

• TheFarix-PGOTheFarix-PGO Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭✭✭

First, you must make sure that you have a clear understanding of the guidelines. Most of the time when we see someone complains that reviewers "aren't following guidelines", it turns out that the person complaining doesn't understand the guidelines themselves and were nominating objects that weren't eligible or edge cases. After that, you will have to start networking with reviewers in your region and beyond who are likely to see your nominations.

Already asked here twice. Everybody said it should be accepted. Same response on the Wayfarer subreddit.

• Sugarstarzkill-PGOSugarstarzkill-PGO Posts: 437 ✭✭✭✭✭

So... I went through and looked. You posted the picture once. One person responded to you, but I admittedly don't know Japanese (I believe that's what you said your language was). Some community notice boards are eligible. I'm not sure if you gave the full description and support info you used. Itd be helpful to know what kinds of things are on the notice board you're having difficulty with. Ones with basically just business advertisements aren't really eligible. But I can't tell what is posted on the notice board (language barrier/cultural differences).

I have two posts here I can find with the picture already, but it's the same picture both times. Anyway, the picture I posted at the time had ... the most recent posting is a government notice regarding the 100,000 yen stimulus money that each person can get due to the Covid-19 situation. The thing above that is information on how to properly sort your garbage so it gets collected. The big yellow one on the left is just a general warning about suspicious people / molesters and says somebody is always watching. The next one over on the right is about community development ideas and some meetings/locations/times around that. Below that is information about a Kabuki performance (which was probably cancelled due to Corona though). To the right of that is information about the 2020 Census. Above that one is information about the corona virus basically telling you to wash your hands.

The stuff changes all the time, but it's always cultural or government information, never business advertisements. Currently (in my most recent submission, not the picture I posted here) there is a large poster for the Tanabata Festival, a smaller poster telling you to vote in the election that is happening this weekend, and the entire right-half is a huge poster about a history exhibit with something from 75 years ago, involving local hometowns in the area and post-WW2 recovery.

Sorry, I should have quoted you before. I tried to explain the items on the picture. What are your thoughts? I personally feel that these types of notice boards are an important cultural and civic extension of city hall. They are located in more rural places where people aren't likely to even see their city hall on most days. They're always placed on roads that are the primary commute path for people going to the train station, but still small enough roads that you almost never see a single car, except for maybe a delivery guy. People will stop to read the information on their way to work or school, because this type of information is not usually posted inside any train station anywhere (those are technically private companies not part of the government). It might be the only way people would know about all the local festivals and important events.