Live in Wayfarer 3.1 is a new set of acceptance criteria! Please browse the information in this category with caution as it is in reference to the previous review guidelines. To learn more about the new criteria, see here: https://niantic.helpshift.com/a/wayfarer/

Chandeliers in Businesses

I would consider these allowed in public places like malls, restuarants, bars, etc... What's your opinion? They are not usually the same in the same city. They are lighting installations that are distinct visually unique from other wayspots.

Criteria to accept:

Indoor Wayspots

• Acceptable: Mounted or free-standing murals, paintings, fountains, sculptures, etc. in a mall or the lobby of a business that also meet the criteria of being visually unique and locally significant.
  • Not acceptable: Mounted or free-standing murals, paintings, fountains, sculptures, etc. on or within 40 meters of private residences.

Best Answer

Answers

• Dice3423-INGDice3423-ING Posts: 817 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020 Answer ✓

Eligible Nominations Section:

Cool pieces of art or unique architecture

https://d2duuy9yo5pldo.cloudfront.net/niantic/a779d687-1b92-4136-8cfd-16160c82fe9a-t.png

Statues, paintings, mosaics, light installations, etc.

A chandelier is a light installation that is unique architecture.

• oscarc1-INGoscarc1-ING Posts: 366 ✭✭✭✭✭

I believe that there is often an overlooked misconception regarding lighting installations. People seem to include or confuse lighting fixtures as lighting installations, but there are important differences.

Lighting Installations are permanent unique artworks that utilise light as part of the display.

Lighting fixtures are lights hung from a wall or ceiling to provide illumination, and are hence generic and not considered to be a point of interest, eg. chandeliers.

Unless the chandelier has historic or cultural significance, it is not notable enough to be considered a point of interest.

Here is an example of a lighting installation that would be a POI:

This light installation is entitled "STALACTITE" and is designed by Christopher Bauder and Boris Divider.

The below is a lighting fixture, which although may look pretty, is actually available for purchase and can also be considered as mass-produced:

• bobofango-INGbobofango-ING Posts: 17 ✭✭
    edited March 2020

yeah, the structure of this thread is confusing AF

• sisimeon-INGsisimeon-ING Posts: 2 ✭✭

A chandelier is a normal object and does not warrant a POI unless notable(examples above)

The OP is a known figure from r/IngressOPR and r/NianticWayfarer, mostly known for grasping at straws and mind gymnastics to approve anything. Oh, and I almost forgot the part about using alternate accounts to spew out the same nonsense.

• Dice3423-INGDice3423-ING Posts: 817 ✭✭✭✭

This seems to apply as well. A chandelier is more noticeable and interesting to everyone.

Nianticcasey's response yesterday. For Community Notice Boards and Noticeboards in a Supermarket.

NianticCasey-ING Posts: 35 admin March 25 Accepted Answer

Hey folks, I'm in agreement with @AdamSkot-PGO@adetia9-PGO here. Freestanding, outdoor community notice boards seem to me to fall within the 'community gathering' criteria, but a noticeboard within a supermarket doesn't seem to be as notable a location for gathering or distinguishable from the rest of the market.

I do see what @grendelwulf-ING is saying in that POIs should be unique and interesting, but agree with @Theisman-ING that not everything is interesting to everyone. We shouldn't be reviewing as if we were writing a vacation guide 😉