Welcome to the Bug Reporting page! Please refer to these tips when submitting new bug reports:
1. Browse the known issues section or check if another user previously posted about a similar issue.
2. Upvoting posts help us understand how many players are experiencing the bug.
3. Refer to the Best Practices to learn how to write a bug report.
4. File each issue separately if you’ve encountered multiple issues.

Reviewer rating dropped for no good reason

Comments

• VidarEagle-INGVidarEagle-ING Posts: 56 ✭✭✭

So red again... And since this problem has sparked a number of guideline-discussions in my community I've read them and the clarifications thoroughly several times lately, looking for discrepancies... So I'm quite convinced my voting in line with the guidelines and clarifications...

I really hope there is an official statement to this soon...

• Sugarstarzkill-PGOSugarstarzkill-PGO Posts: 437 ✭✭✭✭✭

Any reviews you do while in red won't count towards the badge. This might be contributing to your issue.

• exemok-PGOexemok-PGO Posts: 43 ✭✭✭

If you will look at this problem as they don't want to fix for 2+ months - I can imagine that it is really their goal (sarcasm).

• giggingforever-INGgiggingforever-ING Posts: 4 ✭✭

For what it’s worth, I reviewed super slowly, a few a day, and after a couple of weeks scraped together another 100 agreements for an upgrade. The next time I reviewed something after my upgrade was awarded, I was back to yellow. I have no idea whether there is any correlation, but just throwing that out there!

• holocronster-INGholocronster-ING Posts: 13 ✭✭

the idea is to announce double score and to give zero instead. that's the way how it works.

• EirikMyge-PGOEirikMyge-PGO Posts: 6 ✭✭

Yes, read about similar experiences on Reddit. Lots of reviewers suddenly dropped from green to red. I got a four hour cooldown after voting on just a few nominations, and I followed the rules. They got registered as agreements in my agreementcount afterwards, but went to red anyhow. Frustrating.

• Toicansao-INGToicansao-ING Posts: 1 ✭✭
    edited July 2020

I've been rated red for weeks. I have more than 19 thousand revised proposals and always in green. Although it should turn green as improvements keep coming, this does not happen. It's maddening

• Shogun79-INGShogun79-ING Posts: 8 ✭✭

I don't think it's that simple, they broke it really bad, so that's why removing that wouldn't solve it, else it could have been done long time back 🐒

• Shogun79-INGShogun79-ING Posts: 8 ✭✭

Guys, Casey mentioned here today, https://community.wayfarer.nianticlabs.com/discussion/comment/24088#Comment_24088, that he wanna improve communication 🤣

Maybe will start here...

• giggingforever-INGgiggingforever-ING Posts: 4 ✭✭

I see in that post from Casey that they want to make it quicker/easier for reviewers who are “in the zone”...

so does this mean that reviewing a lot, quickly; is not what causes people to drop to yellow/red?

• PoMaQue-PGOPoMaQue-PGO Posts: 252 ✭✭✭✭

While I was in red, I kept reviewing about 10 nominations per day and ended up in yellow again. I then started reviewing more and got back to green, seeing my Upgrade progress steadily rise as well.

Yesterday I did a whole bunch without the "go back to home" option and dropped to yellow. Beforehand, I didn't see my Upgrade progress rise as usual.

So does this mean unprocessed reviews lower your rating?

• reedekolmteist-INGreedekolmteist-ING Posts: 59 ✭✭✭

I did a longer session of reviewing yesterday. And I saw constantly that my upgrade % went up but no +1 was addedto the accepted/rejected/duplicated numbers.

I thought before yesterday that when the upgrade% gets higher but accepted/rejected/duplicated number doesn't, it is the edits that I review. But yesterday I reviewed no edits and 5 times I saw the upgrade % going up by one right after I finished reviewing a nomination.

Has anyone experienced that?

PS: No surprise. Still in red!

• Gazzas89-PGOGazzas89-PGO Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭✭✭

@NianticCasey-ING when will this be addressed, there are constant complaints about this. I went into yellow about 2 months ago, I only reviewed about 60 after that, got about 45 agreed, so that's 75% agreement rate yet no improvement, today I reviewed 14 things, used 3 skips, and went into red, yet all the things I reviewed were easy, things like churches, rare post boxes, trail markers. Why are people who follow the guidelines being punished? Is it because I went to fast on easy things? This is completely counter productive as all that's going to happen is proper reviewers will lose their interest

I’ve taken screenshots daily on my profile, just to see that I agree on all the nominations I have reviewed, but I am still on red. Do five to ten daily, but doesn’t affect anything, so I hope this big soon gets solved, very frusttating.

• exemok-PGOexemok-PGO Posts: 43 ✭✭✭

My idea was when I go to yellow - stop reviewing and I was excepted to return to green. How I was mistaken. In about 2 weeks my upgrade grows to about +40, but I still in yellow

I am sure I will start reviewing my rating would drop to red. More than 2 months niantic did nothing to fix this problem. I am completely disappointed

• KotkaPsotk4-PGOKotkaPsotk4-PGO Posts: 13 ✭✭

My review status has also dipped from green to red currently and I don't now why...

• iluminadorRM-INGiluminadorRM-ING Posts: 1 ✭✭

No answer? Classification does not change. Classification reset does not appear.

I just went back to yellow from red. Reviewed 5 pr day, took screenshots every day with my numbers, did this for over a week, today I turned back to yellow. None of the new agreements gets my numbers up on the badge in Pogo though...

• 24601LM-ING24601LM-ING Posts: 54 ✭✭✭

Agreements earned while red don't count toward either the PoGo or Ingress badges. Now that you're yellow again, they should start to count again.

I completely stopped reviewing after the second time this bug sent me red (which was something like 10 reviews after getting back to yellow from red the first time). Took about 5 days to get back to yellow each time. The agreements counted while I was in yellow. After a couple of weeks in yellow the second time and some others reporting that they'd successfully gotten back to green, I started doing slow reviews while multitasking (because it's absurd to expect reviewers to spend 5 minutes on a title edit review choosing between St. Edwards Park and St. Edwarsd Park; if that's what we have to do, I'm doing something else while it sits on my screen for 5 minutes). About 10 reviews per day and I got back to green after a couple of weeks.

Now, maybe they actually fixed something in the background without telling us. Which would be nice. But the problem is that I don't trust Niantic at this point. I was never reviewing poorly. I had been green for thousands of reviews because I know the criteria inside out and upside down. So, if they don't tell me why I dropped other than "well, you all review too fast" then I'm stuck with this nonsensical practice of "review while doing something else and hope I remember to go back and click Submit before the review times out". Speaking of which, I should go click Submit on a cut-and-dried nature education sign clearly visible in the Streetview before it times out... 🙄

• SakoRUnited-PGOSakoRUnited-PGO Posts: 84 ✭✭✭

My account is back to green status.

• sickmaisissickmaisis Posts: 3 ✭✭

De todas maneras aún que nos quejemos no creo que nos agan caso teen frian por que revisas rápido otras por que te tardas y otras por su sistema no se vale tratamos de hacer lo mejor y tro contestan alo menos y están en verde es injusto dedicamos tiempo y eso no lo agradecen

• AN0NIM07-PGOAN0NIM07-PGO Posts: 23 ✭✭✭

With Post "Quality Assurance and Reviews", on behalf of Niantic, NianticCasey kind of announced that their rating system has no bug & it is totally player's fault to fall into Red rating even though you might get fast agreements.

As i said commented once months ago, this rating bug is going to be another "Limbo Bug" Problem that Niantic took more than 2 years to finally acknowledge & fix.

• 24601LM-ING24601LM-ING Posts: 54 ✭✭✭

Both times I fell into red was immediately after rejecting a playground or athletic field that was clearly on school property (both according to Google Maps and according to my own knowledge of the city). It's entirely possible that these were indeed poorly pre-screened nominations in which the pre-screener failed to notice the fact that the otherwise "clear case" was in fact ineligible due to the K-12 rule.

@NianticCasey-ING Is Niantic doing any double checking on the fate of these pre-screened nominations? If a pre-screened nomination results in a large number of reviewers giving the opposite answer, does anyone look at the rejection reasons or redo the prescreening? If not, one or two errors by Niantic employees could result in a very large number of reviewers having inaccurate ratings.