Live in Wayfarer 3.1 is a new set of acceptance criteria! Please browse the information in this category with caution as it is in reference to the previous review guidelines. To learn more about the new criteria, see here: https://niantic.helpshift.com/a/wayfarer/

Would this be considered a private residence?

My understanding is that little free libraries are eligible if they are not on private property. I came across this submission. Would you consider this private property? It’s on land next to the entrance of a mobile home park, but looks like it could be on part of what could be considered the yard for one of the mobile homes. The mobile home park sign is in the same area, though. I ended up treating it as if it wasn’t on private property. Right call? What would you do?

Answers

• TheFarix-PGOTheFarix-PGO Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭✭✭

If it is unclear whether something is on private residential property, rejected it as if it were.

• Sugarstarzkill-PGOSugarstarzkill-PGO Posts: 437 ✭✭✭✭✭

That is a grey area for sure. Mobile home parks... do they fall under the PRP rules. I'm leaning towards yes (I lived in one as a kid, don't pick on me 😂). But I'm curious what Niantic would say.

• endessis-INGendessis-ING Posts: 7 ✭✭

Also curious, as items on the border of properties are on the grey such as this, historical markers etc. I'm also leaning toward yes

• Gazzas89-PGOGazzas89-PGO Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭✭✭

Personally, I would not reject it, i would 3/4 star it, I would consider it the equivalent of s apartment building/complex as it's an area for multiple families to stay and they eouldnt own the land

• SPD85-PGOSPD85-PGO Posts: 170 ✭✭✭✭

A situation like that, I would probably call it PRP because it is between a single-family unit and the street. It also appears to be within 40 meters of the unit. If the entrance sign was further away from the first unit I'd have been more likely to accept it.

But I don't think this is an especially bad vote either way.

• 0X00FF00-ING0X00FF00-ING Posts: 769 ✭✭✭✭✭

"Trailer park" or not, things ARE allowed to be submitted in places with multi-unit dwellings.

But they HAVE to be in a "communal space", not somebody's front lawn. Things merely in a property's "right of way" / "boulevard" area, we've been instructed to deny.

From the view above, it seems to be NOT in a "common" area, but in an area belonging to that one specific unit.

• Sugarstarzkill-PGOSugarstarzkill-PGO Posts: 437 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's a good distinction. Yes, this one looks to be on someone's lawn, not a communal space. If a mobile home park has some sort of communal areas, like a gazebo or basketball courts, I feel like those should pass. But the one pictured, since it is on the lawn of a single family home, I'd lean towards rejection.

• grsmhiker-INGgrsmhiker-ING Posts: 176 ✭✭✭✭

I can't say based on that picture that I'm convinced that particular location had adequate safe pedestrian access... neither of those roads have sidewalks. The only safe place to stand appears to be in the grass in what appears to be a yard, and in my opinion even though the trailer park itself might be home to many units, each one to me is a separate, single family residence within a defined plot of land (small yard).