I was so confident all of these were eligible.

What a waste of my 1st set of nominations. First one went through twice and ate up 3 nominations as well.

• Welcome to Kenwyn Parish: The real-world location of the nomination appears to be on private residential property or farm, The real-world location of the nomination appears to represent a generic store or restaurant, The real-world location of the nomination could not be confirmed to have an acceptable pedestrian pathway leading up to it.
  • Welcome to Truro: Nomination does not meet acceptance criteria.
  • NBCA Community Notice Board: Nomination appears to contain extraneous objects or identifiers not representative of the nomination, Nomination does not meet acceptance criteria, The real-world location of the nomination appears to be on the grounds of a primary/secondary school (up to K-12) or on the premises of a child care/day care center.
  • Malabar Community Allotments: Nomination appears to contain extraneous objects or identifiers not representative of the nomination, Nomination does not meet acceptance criteria, Nomination was flagged for targeting other players with the purpose of abuse, ridicule, trolling, or harassment.

Any advice please?

Comments

• Faversham71-PGOFaversham71-PGO Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome signs aren't generally eligible unless they're historic or visually special.

Notice boards are generally okay - I'd need to see the full nomination to hazard a guess.

Community Allotments are generally fine if they have a sign - is there one clearly visible in the main photo?

• TheFarix-PGOTheFarix-PGO Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    • Apartment/community/town/city signs are not eligible unless they are historically or culturally significant. Many of them also have issues with lacking pedestrian access or are in the easement of private residential property.
    • The eligibility of community notice boards is situational. Generally if they are freestanding and outside, they are eligible. However, if they are attached to a business—like a grocery store—they are not eligible.
    • Allotments and community gardens are eligible, but must have a sign with the allotment's/garden's name at the entrance.
  • NorthSeaPoet-INGNorthSeaPoet-ING Posts: 895 ✭✭✭✭✭

The welcome signs don't look like they historic value and certainly don't appear to be visually special.

Noticeboards are hit and miss, and are more likely to be rejected if associated with a business/charity.

Allotments/community gardens are eligible but are more likely to be approved with some evidence that they're not someone's back garden (I.E. a sign)

• Lensington1-PGOLensington1-PGO Posts: 54 ✭✭✭

I can tell from looking at the welcome signs straight off the bat that they are not eligible as to be eligible they would have to have something unique or historical about them, also, often they don’t have safe pedestrian access/a path to them.

Community notice boards are usually eligible, I would need to see the full nomination to give an accurate opinion.

You should re submit the allotments with a sign as they are indeed eligible with one.

Good luck with the community centre!

• PYLrulz-PGOPYLrulz-PGO Posts: 31 ✭✭✭

Everybody is saying about the town/parish signs not being eligible, and for the first one, it does look like something close to generic, however, what other information is on the second one (Welcome to Truro)? If there’s something with that sign that has historic information or the like, it may be eligible, provided that it’s in a pedestrian-friendly area. The pixelation makes it impossible to see what’s on there however.

• Dookie2754-PGODookie2754-PGO Posts: 40 ✭✭

I was given the first two of these. I rejected the Kenwyn Parish one because it was just a bit bland and generic, not for one of the reasons you've been given; but I did 4* the Welcome to Truro one as at least it has the twin towns on it, a flower bed in front of it and a pavement. I see far worse than that on the Welcome Sign front...

• AScarletSabre-PGOAScarletSabre-PGO Posts: 754 ✭✭✭✭✭

The first two look like road signs to me. Typical road signs that welcome a visitor to a place. For the NBCA Notice Board, notice boards in general can be contentious with some so for those potentially 'borderline' nominations it has been suggested not to use "upgrades" on them. Save upgrades for the really stand out nominations to get them through faster.

• JadeVernonUK-PGOJadeVernonUK-PGO Posts: 25 ✭✭

Ah thank you for your comments. This was my first set. I for some reason thought all boundary marker signs were eligible. The upgrade was done automatically.

• JadeVernonUK-PGOJadeVernonUK-PGO Posts: 25 ✭✭

Also the allotments don't have a sign :(

• TwoSkunks-PGOTwoSkunks-PGO Posts: 28 ✭✭

The thing that stands out to me about the notice board is the glare from the glass. I have rejected some nominations because I could see the reflection of people in the glare. You may wish to retake such pictures until you find an angle with much reduced glare.