I found several Wayspots for billboards installed on the perimeter walls of private residences.

ZiriaSkywalker-PGOZiriaSkywalker-PGO Posts: 77 ✭✭✭
edited February 6 in Invalid Wayspot Appeals

In the Japanese community, Wayspot, which targets billboards attached to residential boundary walls, became a hot topic on social networking sites when it was not removed even after a forum appeal.

I read the forum's Involved Wayspot discussion from that topic and commented on it, noticing that at first glance it looks like an individual residence, but that this is an apartment complex. However, I also found the following discussion and felt uncomfortable. This one clearly appeals that Wayspot should be removed for a bulletin board attached to a block wall of a private residence.

However, there is still no response from the Wayfarer team to this appeal. Shouldn't they reply soon? I feared that many other billboards installed on private residences might be adopted as Wayspots because of the discomfort I felt, so I surveyed the billboards that are Wayspots in this neighborhood using Google Maps. As a result, we found 10 locations where they were clearly attached to the boundary walls of private residences. As is possible in any country or region, it is quite common for a board to be used for business purposes even though it appears to be a dwelling on the outside. Therefore, with the exception of one, I will report only those items for which we were able to identify a nameplate as evidence of residential use.

title:上高田共和会掲示板

locate:35.710171,139.674203

Streetview of the Bulletin Board:

Streetview of a nameplate:

title:案内板

locate:35.712245,139.697555

The fence in the background has changed from block to aluminum sash, but the F-75 symbol in the lower left corner of the bulletin board matches.

title:北新宿三丁目町会No.3掲示板

locate:35.703349,139.69319

The nameplate was confirmed by StreetView in July 2019.

title:昔ながらの掲示板

locate:35.736328,139.698727

title:西町町会掲示板(本町6-33)

locate:35.695848,139.662671

The nameplate was visible in the street view in January 2021.

title:上高田共和会掲示板

locate:35.709576,139.677121

title:上落合中央町会掲示板

locate:35.713147,139.687911

title:新宿区(町会用)H-46

locate:35.713915,139.68472

title:南長崎二丁目北部掲示板

locate:35.725655,139.689295

title:上高田北町会掲示板

locate:35.719662,139.675611

title:東町会掲示板

locate:35.712008,139.677309

Streetview of a nameplate:N/A

The shape of the bulletin board is different, but it matches the shape of the hose of the outdoor unit of the air conditioning system visible in the window in the background. However, this building is the only one with a nameplate that could not be verified by street view to determine that the use is residential. Therefore, we defer to the Wayfarer team's judgment.

There were eight other locations where the use could not be determined to be residential, or which appeared to be multi-family dwellings and appeared to be used by a single family. I will refrain from reporting on these at this time.

The Wayfinder who nominated these Wayspots seems to have been caught up in the confusion that occurred in the Japanese community. Even if you decide that this appeal of mine is correct, could you please consider the situation and only penalize them with a warning email? Thank you in advance.

Post edited by NianticLC on
Tagged:

Comments