Description Edit Appeal: Otago Medical School Hercus Building Carving

ThisNicola-PGOThisNicola-PGO Posts: 20 ✭✭

Dear Niantic staff

Please consider my appeal for this rejected description edit. I had assumed that this would be a slam-dunk approval, but apparently the reviewers were not able to access the following information which confirms that the waypoint is on HANOVER Street, not FREDERICK Street as given in the description.

Title of the Wayspot: Otago Medical School Hercus Building Carving

City: Dunedin

Screenshot of the Rejection Email:

Photos to support your claim:

In this first image you see the portal photo for the waypoint, captured today. Please note the following:

• the address given just below the waypoint title is given as being on Hanover Street
  • the carving
  • the distinctive triple vertical windows above the carving
  • the red brick work just visible in the top corners of the portal photo

In this second image, which is a screenshot from Google Street View of the location, you can see

• the carving
  • the distinctive triple vertical windows above the carving
  • the red brick work
  • the address of the location shown in Street View, which is given as Hanover Street

The specifically mentioned features of both images confirm that the portal photo and the Street View image depict the same location, and that that location is on Hanover Street. Therefore the statement in the waypoint description that the PoI is on Frederick St (which is one block to the north of this location) is incorrect. This is why I submitted the description edit, which asked for the word Frederick to be changed to the word Hanover.

I hope the information presented in this appeal is clear. If there are any other details that I can give to clarify the location of this waypoint, please let me know.

Post edited by ThisNicola-PGO on
Tagged:

Comments