NIANTIC I HOPE YOU READ THIS.

Ill post this here as well so that hopefully it gets the exposure needed.

I'm about to lose my mind here fellas. There is literally no reason based off everything that I know to be a fact and true about a nomination fitting the criteria for a way spot..... No reason in F*** this should get denied by any means. And I promise you Niantic if you deny this appeal just on principle I'm sending over information to my cousin who's an editor and chief at a well known and established far reaching news paper company... And what I'll do is I'll show pictures and send it to him of the ridiculous things that get decided to be way spots and then show the decision on a historical and extremely patriotic sign getting denied for no reason whatsoever and so I'll Make sure to impose that you guys at Niantic must then in fact be extreme leftists who doesn't support are American Patriots and the noble actions of fallen heroes who died fighting for this land so that you could be here to reject their honor duties they performed for this country. Oh trust me it'll go way further than this you don't even know. When I see the kind of signs and bulls*** that I see that gets accepted and then to have this get denied is utterly ridiculous please I will take this to a whole another level ! let's go there, we can get political. Or quite simply if anyone has any other suggestions on some small error that I made that I should change to get it nominated please tell me because otherwise there is no reason It should get denied I literally have seen veterans stop and park in the parking lot outside and take a picture beside the sign you mean to tell me it's not a historical sign or important cultural significance..... It was nominated by the go**

*mn military And the city sign designation for the purple heart was bestowed by the mayor and a brigadier general. Gtfoh Niantic. Please, I promise I would take this to a place you've never wanted to go and make something as small as rejected way spot something completely different because I have the resources to do so especially in this politically charged climate. By the way if you have any comments I will not respond to anything political that was just my statement as to my course of action if this gets denied in an appeal. If you have any helpful information though I wouldn't mind hearing it because I'm at a loss over here. And I don't even want to hear anything about close to the road It is more than far enough away from the side of the road as well as plenty of ample space in the parking lot. And there is the criteria for a way spot incase it was not know.

Somewhere or something that tells the

unique story about a place, its history, its cultural Meaning, or teaches us about the community wel Live in.

Examples of Wayspot categories

Historic plaques

And yet it gets denied.. lol. Niantic I see you're based out of San Francisco. Makes a lot more sense now.

Tagged:

Comments

• The26thDoctor-PGOThe26thDoctor-PGO Posts: 4,675 ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe it would work better if you could ask a veteran to pose next to the sign to add some authenticity to your nomination and main picture?

• Evrett23-PGOEvrett23-PGO Posts: 28 ✭✭

Posed to add some authenticity how much more authenticity do you need than a sign that says purple heart City I'm almost positive anyone that's not a toddler knows what a purple heart or silver star is I don't need more on the authenticity that It was awarded by the Mayor in brigadier general of the Vietnam war how much more authentic do you need

That's a fair point.

I just know that if I was reviewing and saw the sign and a veteran giving a 👍 or ✌️ next to the sign I would be

👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍....

Submit

It's still winter and cold out ain't nobody getting out to take pictures right now secondly there is no explanation or even remote possibility I would do that just for the simple fact that there's the picture right there I can't put it any better than a mayor or general that awarded the award and there's the sign clear as day there's no other needed proof or authenticity or verification needed it's all there

Fair enough not asking a veteran they have already done enough.

Maybe the Mayor would like to help out?

A couple of you I will address in it respectful manner and then a couple of you I just can't based of such responses.

LEEDLE..... YOU CAN'T SEE HOW THIS MEETS THE CRITERIA OF HISTORICAL OR CULTURAL SIGNIFICANCE. Well I guess there's nothing I could say that's going to make a difference, because you're obviously have a toolbox and the tools that were in there before fell out somewhere along the line, if you can't understand how the history of fallen comrades that died protecting this country are being honored in the city that they came from. You know what now it's making me think now to....Is that actually an important thing in history . Were minor barely remembered things such as WW1 and WW2 or even the and I almost forgot about this one the Vietnam war, were they actually a big deal, no probably much to do about nothing right .. it's only COUNTLESS people that went to fight for and most of the times die for our country so that you can see here and basically spit in there face by saying u can't see how it meets criteria or importance . And you know what I can't see it either now after putting it that way.

2. Guess I'm still not done with you leddle, Good thing you're not playing who wants to be a millionaire cuz you hear that buzzer sounding That's already your second X and you haven't even got a question right yet Not looking good. First off yes there is 900 purple heart cities do you see it how many cities are in the country of the United States of America makes it a lot less common than you're actually stating secondly it's not just boom a proclamation from the mayor you have to have had a significant amount of people from that area earn either the purple heart or silver star once again probably irrelevant to you not a really big deal anyway right. I get it it's all making sense to me now. Your wording of it's a nice sentiment is disgusting by the way. You should be damn proud to live in Texas if they truly have 200 that means a lot of American Patriots came from that state which should be an honor not something to be glossed over like oh there's already two hundred and just Texas and also news flash look how big Texas is. And since you're so smart to point out the 900 purple heart cities let's venture across the hall and Go to math class real quick

Up-to-date: Data updated as of January 30, 2024. Comprehensive: Over 109,000 cites in town that make up the 50 states. Divide 900 / 109,000 for me was that leave you with less than 1% bud... Real astronomical high amount dude You're right Man you're teaching me so much. All right and I can finally move on I just couldn't let any of that pass there was just too many idiotic notions and unfounded statements presented as facts being spewed right there that I could not let it go and unchecked. I could say much more about your pathetic unpatriotic gloss over attitude that most Americans seem to have these days in completely forget how we got here but doesn't matter cuz you clearly don't have perspective and if you do then you just had a serious lapse of judgment

Eenooh... Unless you missed the purple heart star award then the whole above portion does not apply to you ... If you noticed the sign and still have the same comment then I'm not retyping it cuz that whole above statement applies to you as well.

Now for people with a little bit more common sense and respect

Nianthib. Yeah I didn't get a full road picture cuz you're not supposed to get cars. But there is actually a bike path that runs along that road as well as it's an apartment complex and there is a pretty good size half oval parking space as you can tell from the picture that is public anybody can park there friends family so on..... Because the Nimisilla reservoirs right across the street which is public access. But regardless you know how many nominations that I've passed on a daily basis that are borderline almost on the street that don't even have sidewalks it's unbelievable so even if the above didn't apply I would still think being that there's plenty of room in the parking lot it shouldn't matter because veterans have stopped before during nice weather they'll get out and take pictures with the sign.

Lastly, ellyjusttrying Yes I have made progress on the one was it you who recommended the cast In main winery down the street. If so it's in voting and has been for a couple days now so that's a good sign but I'm only just stating here for the The principle of what's right and wrong and what's ultimately right and wrong with the world right now if a sign like that which was bestowed upon a city by the military and a brigadier general who presented the plaque for the designation if something like that can't be accepted under historical importance and cultural importance for a city or location then there's no hope for this world when I see the kind of things that I've seen get accepted absolutely none.

Here's that winery down the road that was suggested I do and what does this 2nd picture mean does that mean. Does that mean I did get a does that mean I did get a spot approved. Because it still says in voting unless it just takes a while to update

Lol hosette, I see what's happening here. You must have been the one who stole All the tools from Leedles toolbox except you just didn't have the toolbox to put them in so now LEEDLE has a toolbox with no tools and you have tools and no toolbox.... What a shame. It's okay I'll find you a toolbox and send it to you for Christmas but I'm sure then by that time you'll have already lost the tools and you'll need tools then again and I can't help you out there

I've lost my spanner.

• WheelTrekker-INGWheelTrekker-ING Posts: 3,368 ✭✭✭✭✭

And which eligibility criteria does apply here in case anyone else wants to nominate something similar?

All I'm saying is when I drive by random walls ín the hood that have a couple letters graffitied onto them and horrible artistry even at that .... When I see things like such or a random mile marker on a random trail deep in the jungles of a random place no one even knew existed become PokeStops it's infuriating. I'm told that's a great location placemark and indicator for a good place to explore ..... And so nothing unique at all applies it's just 1 millionth random mile marker on a random trail... So then please explain to me how this historical sign is not exactly the same thing. ..... It's a unique location placemark and a definite city indicator for the city ur entering just as a mile marker is to a random trail. Except this has a great backstory and shows that it's a great patriotic city many came from that went on to earn either a purple heart silver star or both..

From Niantic directly. A place you love to venture out to; a destination or a

placemark of local interest and importance and

which makes our communities unique and shapes

its identity. Somewhere or something that tells the

unique story about a place, its history, its cultural

neaning, or teaches us about the community we

live in.

Examples of Wayspot categories

Let's see ......placemark of local interest and importance and

which makes our communities unique and shapes

its identity. Yup definitely does that

Somewhere or something that tells the

unique story about a place, its history, its cultural

neaning, or teaches us about the community we

live in. Sure does that to.

Not everything has to be about exploring . Just because your local pizzeria like mine is a pokestop does not mean it's a great place to explore... Your not just about go waltzing in go behind the counter and start EXPLORING there inventory or checking the stock in the freezers . No there's keywords here. A place you love to venture out to; a destination (OR) a

placemark of local interest and importance . That's what being failed to realize here. Not only that if we really want to get technical ... There is a bike path that runs down the whole road and around the whole reservoir directly across the street and the other sign on the that nomination says home to home to portage lakes which is part of a state park as well as the gigantic man-made resoive right across the street.. which is littered with camping spots and boat ramps.... Great for exploring which I'**** were not from around here and drove by might peake ur interest as to go to some EXPLORING. THATS beside the point I'm just pointing many things out, variables which seem wildly inconsistent from one reviewer to the next which is extremely frustrating that the process is handled like such.

• Elijustrying-INGElijustrying-ING Posts: 5,337 Ambassador

Its a frustration we all have.

Emily, the Machine Learning bot, rejects something that we really value. We see the backstory, we understand the nuances, but Emily doesn't.

One persons great nomination is another's rubbish.

And you are right the inconsistencies are frustrating but you have to live with them.

Try not to have such restricted view of the criteria. For example the word explore can have many different meanings and interpretations. Its also a system that is global so it has to be flexible to accommodate very different situations Finding an interesting restaurant when there 50 on your doorstep ( this would come under explore as you are going to find something) is different than when there are only 3. So try to be open to different interpretations of the words and avoid narrow definitions.

There is a huge amount to learn and a lot of trial and error along the way.

• Eneeoh-PGOEneeoh-PGO Posts: 677 ✭✭✭✭✭

The second screenshot shows your stats for other people's nominations that you reviewed. When your submission gets out of voting you will get an email that tells the result, and your contributions pane in Wayfarer will also update to Accepted or whatever.

I'm sorry if I miscommunicated about the road sign. I recognize the honor and gravity of your city's designation. I don't think that this kind of highway sign on every road through town make the best way to highlight the fact in Wayfarer.

As others have said, if you can articulate how or why this particular sign marks a special place it might have a better chance of passing.

• duncity-PGOduncity-PGO Posts: 1 ✭✭

Not to drag up an old thread but I am late to the party. I know where this is, driven by 100+ times in my life. If I wanted to resubmit I would probably zoom in on just the Purple Heart Sign.

However, if I was voting on this I would probably put no safe pedestrian access. The road has a high speed limit and no side walks. The bike trail is across the road and on top of that hill side along the lake, it’s not just simply across the street.. This particular one looks like it is also in someone’s front yard, so I’d possibly be saying PRP as well.