I haven’t had a nomination accepted yet so I’d like some advice as there’s no feedback. This is one.

Best Answer

• Sugarstarzkill-PGOSugarstarzkill-PGO Posts: 437 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

I'd go to the "report a bug" thread. There are a few threads already up about email issues, I'd add a comment on one/all of them that relate to your issue.

The other option is using the support option in Pokemon go (under settings-- support). Sometines they aren't very helpful but in this instance it might be an issue unique to you.

Answers

• Theisman-INGTheisman-ING Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭✭✭

You copied and pasted the description from Wikipedia, googling South Downs Way, which any reviewer would quickly do to confirm its a valid trail, brings up the exact description you used.

Copy and pasting descriptions is against TOS and submission guidelines, as Niantic don't want to get sued for copyright.

Rewrite the description in your own words and resubmit it

• Roundabouthorse-PGORoundabouthorse-PGO Posts: 9 ✭✭

Oh! That’s interesting because I was using wording along the lines of similar accepted trail pokestops in this area.

I’ll try resubmitting with a different description. My other thought was that maybe my location was off in some way as the address I can see on my nomination is an address down the lane, but google maps shows the correct location?

This looks eligible to me, but yes- don’t copy and paste descriptions.

another question- are you not getting rejection emails? A lot of times, the reasons are not accurate, but SOMETIMES they give a Little insight into why people were rejecting it.

No. I’ve never received an email. I don’t even get confirmation emails to say they’ve received the nominations

Addresses on the nomination, especially for trial markers off road, can be out by quite a bit as it trys to give the nearest valid address. Even for road submissions it can still give totally the wrong street name/number.

Thank you. I wondered because I also nominated 2 other valid wayspots in a nearby location and they weren’t accepted either.

edited July 2020

If you have details on those **** em on here and I (and or others) will have a look and give you some advice.

Seriously W A C K is censored, considering the community guidelines have **** and have been made a joke from them over zealous language filter, i shouldn't be surprised

• FrealafGB-PGOFrealafGB-PGO Posts: 354 ✭✭✭✭

I honestly can't believe that wasn't accepted... It is an excellent trail marker. You could try focusing more on the side of the sign that names the South Downs Way in your next picture. It shouldn't matter as I can clearly read it, but it might help....

• AScarletSabre-PGOAScarletSabre-PGO Posts: 754 ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree copying and pasting descriptions is wrong but Wikipedia isn't going to sue for Copyright. Wikipedia articles fall under the Creative Commons license, which does allow for commercial use, so long as the content creator is properly attributed. All the submitter would have to do is acknowledge Wikipedia as the source for it to be okay (CC BY license). It's a "catch22" therefore, because if the nominator says "I copied and pasted this text" it will be rejected but they have to acknowledge they copied and pasted the text for it to be okay for them to copy and paste the text in the first place. I hope that makes sense.

This is another rejection and as I don’t get emails I don’t know why

• TheFarix-PGOTheFarix-PGO Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭✭✭

Your description and supporting information provided no information on why the person was a significant member of the community that they were memorialized. The fact that you also mentioned Pokestops or Pokemon Go didn't help the nomination and may have led to greater scrutiny.

• SPD85-PGOSPD85-PGO Posts: 170 ✭✭✭✭

These are two separate submissions. Each with their own problems. Regarding the trailmarker, I've had only a 60% acceptance rate, so I don't think that people rejected it because you copied the text from Wikipedia (which you shouldn't have). My recommendation is to simply resubmit. Make sure the picture is good, along with the description the supporting info.

The memorial stone is more complicated. You didn't even put the person's name. That should be the title. Why the stone there? What ties did he have to the woods? Answering those questions in the description would help greatly.

The others gave you good advice on the nominations.

but back to the email- you really should be getting them, so that’s odd (barring the recent bugs that seem to be happening, they are usually consistent).

Make sure they aren’t ending up in your spam folder. If you have gmail, a lot of people say they end up in the promotions folder.

it could be getting sent to a different email as well- if you use Facebook to log in, it will send it to the email associated with your Facebook account. I also saw someone else here mention their email had a typo in it in the wayfarer system itself.

I’ve checked all my emails and folders. I receive some emails from wayfarer but none referring to my nominations. In which case maybe it’s related to the bug? So how do I let wayfarer know that I’m not receiving the emails. I’m finding this site quite difficult to navigate.

Answer ✓

I'd go to the "report a bug" thread. There are a few threads already up about email issues, I'd add a comment on one/all of them that relate to your issue.

The other option is using the support option in Pokemon go (under settings-- support). Sometines they aren't very helpful but in this instance it might be an issue unique to you.

• AgentX1976-INGAgentX1976-ING Posts: 598 ✭✭✭✭✭

Might check your spam folder or double check your email settings to find your emails.

• nobbynobbs1st-PGOnobbynobbs1st-PGO Posts: 54 ✭✭✭

In all probability it's the normal reject out of hand of trail markers issue. It's difficult to get them through and usually takes several attempts.

The exact reasons are not worth worrying about because people pick anything to reject incorrectly.

Make sure your picture shows the named trail clearly.

The memorial, give details of who it's for and why they were someone significant.

• Faversham71-PGOFaversham71-PGO Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭✭✭

The trail marker is definitely valid, but as others have referenced they do have an annoyingly high rejection rate even when valid. If it doesn't appear on streetview it might be worth submitting a photosphere - a lot of people don't understand they should 3* locations where it is likely to be there but doesn't show on google's map/streetview.

• Engrish-INGEngrish-ING Posts: 79 ✭✭✭

I would say submit again. It is a good candidate and should be accepted.

I altered it slightly and resubmitted but it was rejected again :(

I would maybe wait a few weeks before trying again, and hope for a new batch of reviewers.