Appealing a rejection

How do I submit an appeal for a wall mural that keeps getting rejected as a general store? 3 different submissions. Added a 360° to street view. Added that wall murals are excepted on their own per the Oct 2019 ingress AMA guidelines and still rejected?

Comments

• WheelTrekker-INGWheelTrekker-ING Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mural?

That looks like part of their logo

• nobbynobbs1st-PGOnobbynobbs1st-PGO Posts: 54 ✭✭✭

That's a generic businesses logo. That's why it keeps being rejected and will continue to be.

• AisforAndis-INGAisforAndis-ING Posts: 1,072 Ambassador

As others have said, that looks like a business logo, not a mural. Murals are acceptable because they are works of art, not just because they are paint slapped onto a wall.

You cannot appeal a rejected wayspot. You can only continue to resubmit it.

• AScarletSabre-PGOAScarletSabre-PGO Posts: 754 ✭✭✭✭✭

Also, the description mentions "childhood therapies". That sounds like it should be rejected on K-12 grounds. Where is the 'mural'? We can't submit anything in areas that are meant for children, such as schools, scout halls and nursery/kindergarten.

• silverkali-INGsilverkali-ING Posts: 92 ✭✭✭

You can't appeal a rejected nomination, you can only resubmit, however that does really look like a business logo so I understand why it is getting rejected as a generic business especially when 10 seconds of googling shows that it is a company logo for a therapy company that appear to deal primarily with children (judging by their website).

• BaltiCalling-INGBaltiCalling-ING Posts: 362 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would re-submit.

• Sugarstarzkill-PGOSugarstarzkill-PGO Posts: 437 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2020

I’m pretty lenient on business related murals. If this wasn’t in an office focused on *child therapy* I might give it low, but passing marks. As a mental health counselor, I really don’t think this is a very appropriate place for a POI. When kids are in therapy it is often to deal with trauma of some kind, or other mental health issues. The “mural” is very borderline as it is. It looks nice but it is essentially just a business advertisement.

This type of office is not a very good place for a POI. I really don’t think this office wants people hanging around outside to play a game.

edited to add: Was trying to think of the word I was looking for- Distasteful. Not illegal or flat out not allowed, but I feel like people should have some common decency when submitting POIs.