Issues with several rejected nominations

Since a while I'm nominating several potential stops. Every 2 days I nominated a stop so after 2 weeks you get the streak of every 2 days going.

In our town we got alot of mozaïek tiles. They form 2 walking routes through our town from each 5km. The tiles are made by children of our local schools so it's really a town effort.

Several got accepted, which is great and really boosted the amount of stops around our town. But we still have around 43 to go, which get denied and rejected time after time. We're now on 1 tile with the 11th nomination (to give the example)

Every time we get the answer it's a seasonal display, not reviewing the real world or that's taken from a car. This makes me "sad" since we put the effort to make a good nomination every time.

Why do they get rejected? They're even suggested by Niantic as example of what makes a good stop.

Comments

• Sugarstarzkill-PGOSugarstarzkill-PGO Posts: 437 ✭✭✭✭✭

The 2nd reason about location is often because people can't find it on street view/sat view. This might be a good time to use a photosphere. As for the seasonal argument, you might want to include a link in the support statement to some information about the project to prove to reviewers that they are permanent.

If you can post your whole submission, we'll be able to give you better feedback.

• Jaimecsx-PGOJaimecsx-PGO Posts: 3 ✭✭

I would suggest that you give more clear details in the justification area of what is really your submission so that reviewers understand more easily. I have difficulties supporting street art that is not visible in Google Maps. Is is permanent? Is it recent? What is erased?

• WheelTrekker-INGWheelTrekker-ING Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭✭✭

They're even suggested by Niantic as example of what makes a good stop.

Not really.

The selection of highlighted wayspots is not manually curated, it's just an algorithm that picks the first three ones in a path along the S2 cells that cover your region, so it can show something that is really absolutely garbage and should have been rejected as many people have shown repeated times.

• Robkuh-PGORobkuh-PGO Posts: 4 ✭✭

Another example of accepted stop, not all are letters... Some are flowers, arrows, or other objects

• SPD85-PGOSPD85-PGO Posts: 170 ✭✭✭✭

Mosaics are mentioned on the "What makes a good Pokestop?" page, under the "A cool piece of art or unique architecture," along with paintings and sculptures.

Based upon the picture, I would approve it, provided it's not in front of a single-family home or school, especially given that it's part of a school project.

• FrealafGB-PGOFrealafGB-PGO Posts: 354 ✭✭✭✭

A set of mosaics that form part of a walking trail sounds like perfect waypoints to me! Each mosaic trail marker being unique artwork by the community sounds really cool! I hope you are able to get more of them accepted.

• Theisman-INGTheisman-ING Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2020

Just to throw a bit of caution in here, how many mosaics are we talking and how close together ?

Niantic views on lots of similar POI's is

"Please keep in mind that our goal is not to ingest every possible POI to get as many Portals/Wayspots as possible, but rather to ingest unique, interesting, artistic or notable local hotspots where players could gather or learn/discover something about their community. "

If we are talking lots of mosaics subs over a short area, and there are already quite a few accepted, then you are going to be running into the issue of new subs being "just another mosaic".

The old adage of "Quality not Quantity" applies aptly to POI submissions

• Robkuh-PGORobkuh-PGO Posts: 4 ✭✭

I think a single route contains around 40 to 50 tiles. So they're at least 100m or more away from each other. (on some locations they are like 200m or further spread). It really shows a route through town with some interesting sights and way points about the history of town.. So it's not a bunch or mosaics piled up

We have alot approved already. Which is great and we're looking at 30 to come through yet. But the over and over and over resubmission of a single stop is making us really frustrated.

This one for example was not accepted because the tile was upside down, and not forming a permanent display. (confusing right)

• ShinyDorkar-PGOShinyDorkar-PGO Posts: 117 ✭✭

Its the same case for me too. I don’t know why but several of my nominations have been rejected wrongfully too. I am sure niantic has a hand in it.

• sogNinjaman-INGsogNinjaman-ING Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭✭✭

Small things like this in pavements or sidewalks are very hard to spot on Streetview, which means the submission may be marked as "1* - mismatched location" or "1* - Nomination can not be found". I would suggest making a Photosphere for each new nomination which shows the mosaic so the location can be confirmed. Niantic aren't rejecting these, the reviewing community is.

• XapwvKhanon-PGOXapwvKhanon-PGO Posts: 86 ✭✭

A mi me a pasado lo mismo con un parque la e solicitado yo unas 16 veces y otras 20 personas igual la gente se escusa en que no aparece en Google Maps pero el parque es posterior a que pasase el coche de Google