How would I improve this karaoke bar submission?

Any feedback is appreciated. The reasoning I have been given is as follows:

The real-world location of the nomination appears to represent a generic store or restaurant.

Answers

• TheFarix-PGOTheFarix-PGO Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭✭✭

Unfortuantly, there isn't a whole lot more you can do beyond keep submitting it until it finally gets approved. Too many reviewers believe that "generic business" is an ineligibility condition and will rejected any business related nomination even if that nomination meets the eligibility criteria. Short of Niantic removing "Generic Business" as a rejection reason, I don't think there is anything that will change this widespread misconception.

• oscarc1-INGoscarc1-ING Posts: 366 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would sugget focusing more on why it is a notable venue in its description, as that is what people will see if/when it does get approved. Currently the desscription just reads as a generic description and doesn't convey why this place is significant.

You can use the supporting info to add further information or links to justify its significance.

• CarmineSmeargle-PGOCarmineSmeargle-PGO Posts: 9 ✭✭

I thought the supplemental information was where you say why you believe the spot is a good place?

• oscarc1-INGoscarc1-ING Posts: 366 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's to provide additional information, currently the description gives no value to a person reading about the wayspot (especially if it were in-game).

Imagine if you came across what looks like a generic business in-game, you tap on the wayspot and read the description, then you might realise that the place actually sounds pretty cool and might be worthwhile checking out. That immediately justifies why it would be a nomination.

The supporting information is only seen by reviewers and is used to provide additional information on its location or history or value.

In this example, you essentially have two fields to convey its significance, to improve your chances it's best not to waste one on a generic description, sell it in both and you should get it accepted.

• CarmineSmeargle-PGOCarmineSmeargle-PGO Posts: 9 ✭✭

Please, spare me about the description of a Pokestop. That can be blank. The requirements for judging a stop even say not to worry about the description unless it's totally off base, or has spelling errors. You want me to imagine I am a player coming across a stop, but that doesn't really matter. Nothing about the description requirements dictate that I need to convince a player finding the Pokestop the Pokestop that is already there deserves to be there.

• TheFarix-PGOTheFarix-PGO Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭✭✭

The burden is on the nominator to show that a Wayspot candidate meets the criteria. This is especially true for businesses. If you do not provide details in the description that shows that a business meets the criteria as a local attraction or hot spot, then the reviewer has no bases to accept the nomination.