Live in Wayfarer 3.1 is a new set of acceptance criteria! Please browse the information in this category with caution as it is in reference to the previous review guidelines. To learn more about the new criteria, see here: https://niantic.helpshift.com/a/wayfarer/

Is the front yard of a single private residence a okay?

Hello,

today i came across the featured wayspots and one of three waypoints is clearly located on the grounds of single private residence.

Does this now mean we should accept all submissions on private grounds? Has the rule been revoked?

Answers

• Gendgi-PGOGendgi-PGO Posts: 3,534 Ambassador

Featured Wayspots are not curated by Niantic and are random snapshots of what has been accepted. It is not an accurate indicator of what is eligible.

I'm not familiar with that area, but it does not look residential to me. Are you sure it is? The "front yard" would only apply to single family private residential property. That is to say, Wayspots may be accepted if located in an apartment complex area.

• 0X00FF00-ING0X00FF00-ING Posts: 769 ✭✭✭✭✭

This location is fairly simple to find via Google Maps, searching for simply "Ulmenweg and Weglange". Being in Germany, there is of course no "Street View" and there are no photospheres currently near the location.

It does, to me, indeed look like the entire subdivision is "single family homes", but if those are apartments/etc instead of single-family, so I cannot say for sure.

• Gendgi-PGOGendgi-PGO Posts: 3,534 Ambassador

I'm on Mobile data at the moment so didn't pull up the Satellite view. The parking didn't immediately strike me as residential, but again I'm not saying anything with certainty.

One more thing to consider is that if it possibly was a house but is converted to a business or museum or other. I'm only adding those to reiterate that a "Featured Wayspot" may not tell the whole story as to what & where it really is.