Live in Wayfarer 3.1 is a new set of acceptance criteria! Please browse the information in this category with caution as it is in reference to the previous review guidelines. To learn more about the new criteria, see here: https://niantic.helpshift.com/a/wayfarer/

The games in a park, are they just one portal or can they be several?

Hello everyone, I have a question and I would like someone official to answer.

In a park, 112 meters long by 70 to 80 meters wide, it is divided into 2, one side belongs to the administration of the old neighbors and the other side belongs to the administration of the new neighbors.

The park has wooden games, iron games, some painted in colors and others in wood, they are separated from each other, separated by more than 5 meters and, strictly speaking, the games at each end are separated by more than 40 meters.

I play in different cities of Santiago, because of my work and my studies at the university I move between various locations, so together with other players, we try to create portals where there are none, to make the game more accessible to everyone, especially in these times where the virus cannot get out.

The thing is that the games in the squares are postulated individually, not as a whole, and the portals are always approved, we use this criterion: a series of games next to each other (separated by no more than 2 or 3 meters) is an integer, but if the game moves away from the others by more than 5 meters, it is taken as an independent game.

This is how we achieve that the parks have more portals for everyone, we know that we will never have the level of portals like in the United States or Japan, but we try to improve access.

But now an agent appeared who marked all the portals as duplicates, according to my opinion, the information was falsified, taking advantage of the fact that Google Maps and Street View is not updated here.

I put this example, it is a bit of an exaggeration, but it represents the point: If in Central Park of the United States, there are some games on one side, and on the other side of Central Park there are other games, then they cannot be applied for separately because they are part of the same park?

I will leave the images of the park in question, I await your opinions.

As you can see, this group of houses has only one street to enter and exit, and it also has only 3 parks.

1- The only entrance "Heraclio Mena Lopez" street.

2- "La Manana" Park (which is divided into 2 by having 2 administrators).

3- "Americo Simonetti" Park

4- "Alfredo Lascar" Park

In the park "La Manana" there are currently only 4 portals, since an agent asked to eliminate the others, these are:

1- "Barras de equilibrio"

2- "Juegos De Madera Los Artesanos"

3- "Cancha Villa Los Artesanos"

4- "Plaza Los Artesanos"

5- (portal removed, the blue x) "Juegos de madera 2"

As you can see, all the portals are on the Alfonso Duval Cerda street side, in fact, see that the court portal (3) is not on the court.

The portal called "Plaza Los Artesanos" should be in the middle of the park, however, it is in one corner, along with the others.

I ask, is this fair?

Especially since we made more nominations, they were accepted and have now been deleted.

We had managed "Juegos de madera 2" to have something on the Leon Graide street side, but they marked it as a duplicate of the other portal.

If you look at the map, I marked 4 sub-zones, the same map shows us that they are distant from each other, groups of games that even so, are not next to each other.

(separate detail, the game has not yet updated the new streets that Google Maps already updated).

So this square looks like this in the games, as in the following images (and yes, I play Pokemon Go, Ingress and Wizard Unite):

if you notice, in Wizard Unite, the portals are not removed, they are maintained, despite the fact that the other two games are no longer there, WHY DON'T YOU DO THIS WITH INGRESS AND POKEMON GO ?? !!

If the game were as seen in the Wizard Unite screenshot, I would not be here writing, I would be playing ...

To summarize, where does it say or what is the policy to know when you can apply for a game portal or when not?

Greetings to all

Best Answers

Answers

• Cochonez-INGCochonez-ING Posts: 1

Greetz,

So far I found this topic being mentioned in the recent clarification January 2020. If the whole park is approved as a waypoint, all single attractions belonging to it shall bei marked as dublicates.

• rangersbc72-PGOrangersbc72-PGO Posts: 62 ✭✭✭

@Roli112-ING I absolutely commend you for taking the extra effort to make the translation to be in OP's native tounge!

I'd give multiple upvotes if I could!

• RoberPCB-PGORoberPCB-PGO Posts: 22 ✭✭

not necessarily, if you go through the parks you can see that there is a lot that there are games or parts that are individualized, the duplicate strictly speaking is the same POI (same image with different name), and Niantic's criteria are still ambiguous, sometimes they are approved and others reject them ... not to mention that we have detected players in Ingress who repeat the photos so that they can later be marked as duplicates

I agree so much with you! I wish Niantic could make this official, it would avoid us so many problems and misunderstandings ...

Ok, taking that as a reference, I could take games on opposite sides of a park as separate portals, but what do I do if a player is going to take the same photos to add to another portal and be able to mark them as duplicates?

I loved your answer, seriously, I am very happy to see how many more people think similar to me. 

Here the big problem is a group of players with an aggressive and toxic rivalry towards the other group, to clarify, the green ingress players use the elimination of portals as a means of attacking the blue players ... which obviously impacts players of both games, it has been tried to talk to people but they continue with their bad way of playing, now all the nomination attempts ends in duplicates since they repeated the photos in the existing portals, hopefully someday Niantic will allow to delete bad photos or that do not correspond (since in ingress all the photos are saved).

• Gendgi-PGOGendgi-PGO Posts: 3,534 Ambassador

We have had that issue locally but the other way. Certain members of the community add photos to obfuscate the original intent of a Wayspot and edit it into something that is ineligible so they can add more clusters. We've had success contacting Niantic directly to have such photos (and certain Wayspots) removed, but not always. We've used the in-app support as well as the "request modification of a gym" form. There is also a section in this forum for removing invalid photos.

• Rostwold-INGRostwold-ING Posts: 172 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2020

There's a fundamental problem here: Acceptance depends on submission order and what's in a photo.

Imagine a play area with a sign. It has a swing and a roundabout in it. The sign, swing and roundabout are all in different cells.

If someone submits the whole play area (using a photo of the roundabout and swing, not a photo of the sign) then the roundabout, then the swing, the play area will be accepted the other two will be rejected as dupes, they are just part of the play area. Only one POI appears in games.

If instead that person submitted the swing then the play area sign (using a photo of just the sign) then the roundabout, the swing is counted as an individual feature and is accepted, the play area sign is also accepted, but the roundabout is rejected as a dupe, it's just part of the play area. Two POIs appear in games.

Finally, if the submission order is swing, roundabout, play area sign, none of them are dupes and three POIs appear in games!

• Gendgi-PGOGendgi-PGO Posts: 3,534 Ambassador

That is certainly a possibility and why I hate suggestions to flag as duplicates two different things, such as signage at different entrances of a park or a church & church sign.

• Sugarstarzkill-PGOSugarstarzkill-PGO Posts: 437 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was crafty once and it worked. Nominated a giant stained glass window on a church, waited for approval, THEN did the church sign/church itself. However, that only works if there arent already POIs that exist already.