Is it possible for this tree to become a stop and how to improve?

The tree in the attached photo is in our village and it is more than 100 yrs old.

(nobody knows its accurate ages so maybe 150yrs old already)

It should be one of the oldest tree in our township although it didn’t look huge nor conspicuous .

I think it satisfies the criteria of what is worthy of becoming a poke stop given its ages.

However, I’d already gotten rejected twice.

The only possible reason that came into my mind is the tree locates within a low fence/wall, so that it seems to be in a private land.

Even so, players can still get access to it outside of the wall as the tree is just near the low wall.

Not to mention that the owners of the tree totally totally don’t mind people to come in.

There is also no any entrance guard.

So here comes my question. As title, Is the tree eligible for becoming a stop?

I will apply again if possible, while giving up otherwise.

Also need some advices of how to revise the application. Here is the original version in Eng.

Name: 100-yr-old Lychee Tree

Description: It is said that this old lychee tree is more than 100 year old.

Details: A vital lychee tree that experienced thunderstruck for several times during typhoons, survived from the invasion of Tessaratama Papillosa, and still bear juicy fruits every spring.

Comments

• Sugarstarzkill-PGOSugarstarzkill-PGO Posts: 437 ✭✭✭✭✭

No matter how old it is, it's still a natural feature and not eligible. If there was an official plaque for the tree, it MIGHT be approved.

However. You also mention that it's on someone's private property. So even if it did have a plaque and it was the most amazing tree to ever exist, being on single family, residential property disqualifies it. It doesn't matter if the property owner doesn't mind, and it doesn't matter if it can be touched from the sidewalk.

• TwoSkunks-PGOTwoSkunks-PGO Posts: 28 ✭✭

The best evidence you gave this tree is 100 or so years old is, "someone said that someone said." Without some sort of plaque, this nomination is likely to go nowhere, and that is before they look at whether it is on private property.

• Ark4242-PGOArk4242-PGO Posts: 154 ✭✭✭

Just for reference, a really old tree near me has been a gym forever. But the picture is a plaque with historical information about the tree, and the locations is on the grounds of a local shrine (which happens to also have a highly-used foot-path crossing straight through it, but shrines are basically public areas already in Japan). Without those kind of features, it's going to get rejected as a natural feature every time. Even this one here would probably get rejected if the original picture was just of the tree itself and not of the plaque and post (which also has the name written vertically up it)

• Rowlettutu-PGORowlettutu-PGO Posts: 3 ✭✭

OK, thanks for suggestions. I applied because seeing there are several Poké Stop of other trees near my house, but indeed, those are with plaques though younger than this tree. I think I will just give up this application.