Meets Criteria

Hi this is to see if all my valid submissions get through and if they do I'll be very surprised. Let's see how many will follow rules that a valid submission only has to meet one of the criteria. If they do get through then I will start to accept things as a show of faith in the other reviewers

Tagged:

Comments

• Nadiwereb-PGONadiwereb-PGO Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ummm... I have several questions.

First of all: what are your submissions? I get that in your opinion they're valid, but people (incl. me) have been wrong before.

Second: what do you mean you "will start to accept things as a show of faith"? You're not accepting anything currently? Or you're not reviewing at all?

Third: what's your plan with this discussion? Are you going to post updates on the status of your submissions?

• WheelTrekker-INGWheelTrekker-ING Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, according to his previous post he's rejecting everything until his nominations are approved.

That makes zero sense.

"The system is broken, so I'll break it even more" is an extremely childish standpoint.

• WindStalker46-PGOWindStalker46-PGO Posts: 55 ✭✭

Hi I have seen submissions that meet niantics criteria get rejected and a few where mine and some other players I know. I feel until players or niantic start doing something about it then we will always have unfair biasis. I only just started a few days ago reviewing just to clarify something and I've rejected about 20 and haven't reviewed in last 2 days. I understand that many won't like my comments but I might not like others comments but that's my problem. My submissions are old sign for original police station that has now become a vets but it is a historical building to the people of the community and my others are sherwood forest robin hood county sign and a church sign and 2 benches of two people that have a historic value to the community and area a like.

This is a true comment had 3 players now I'd give names but since I'm not that kind of person I'll just share what they told me. They reject things like GR post boxes because they don't see the interest and they feel they are generic. They even reject waypoints for public footpaths and anything they feel are interesting enough and to them when I pointed out that all those they reject are submissions that meet one of many of niantics criteria they replied they don't care that is how they see it and will continue to do so.

• WheelTrekker-INGWheelTrekker-ING Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, totally logic. In order to get your nominations approved you reject everything else.

It might make sense in some alternate universe.

It's not that we like or not your comments, it's just that they are crazy.

Alright, I'm giving it one more shot: could you post screenshots of your nominations so that we could give you some feedback on them? Just based on your descriptions they sound like bordeline cases.

No not really childish is a reviewer who plays not just pogo but ingress etc that doesn't want areas near them to have more stops gyms than them, or a reviewer who says I don't care if a submission meets one of the criteria because I find it boring so I'll reject. I don't ask for players to accept everything if it doesn't meet any criteria I ask players to accept if they meet one of the criteria and abide by the guidelines and don't go rogue doing what they please.

Anyways it looks like not reviewing over past year about that seems to have not worked. I've seen posts after posts on Facebook from players who find reviewing and especially submitting anything a waste of time. They have given up so just play game, I started rejecting when I started reviewing again but since yesterday given that up and also just started back submitting but only for this month, have read posts on here from a couple players who are fed up with lazy reviewers which I'm gathering are the same ones I've been on about who hide behind lazy but actually are one or both of the types I've said are guilty of either or both not wanting other areas to get more or and don't follow the rules set out by niantic for valid submissions and do what ever they please. But I'm finished now for good on submitting from today and no more reviewing after today.

I had that rejected based on too dark, and they couldn't tell what it is. Now I've seen submissions that was actually very dark saying it was a clock tower beside the river but I couldn't even see the clock tower or building never mind the river but it some how was made a stop as a player I know via Facebook confirmed it was new and they know the player who submitted it and actually told them they thought it would get rejected but ended up wrong. How can anyone read the guidelines and not understand them, it clearly states that a valid submission only has to meet one of any of the criteria like if a place or area be it a street field plaque bench etc has historical or significant meaning to the community or county etc it is valid or if something is educational etc there is many criteria that it doesn't mean you have to find just one thing to reject it means if it has one of the criteria then accept.

Don't worry no more submissions and no more reviewing by me and I'm going to pursuade me my 10 friends in pogo not to either as it is not worth bothering with.

Well not surprised a nomination that meets the criteria of a person who was a founder of the Rotary Club, and was all about serving his community. The submission has now been rejected 3 times for my friend and once for me hmm looks like people can't follow the guidelines and rules about valid submissions.

Hi just so you all know I did send the images over but it didn't seem to come through.

Well, if they do, I'd be interested to see the nomination. Just based on the title, I'm not sure it was eligible at all. Being a founding member of a Rotary Club doesn't really make someone a prominent historical figure. If you nominated a memorial bench or a grave, I'd argue that rejecting it was the good decision.

These are 3 submissions that I went through Niantics rules on what makes a valid submission and they all met 1 of the criteria so should have been reviewed properly. They weren't and all rejected for reasons that made no sense, top does not meet criteria hmm it does this bench was donated to honour his work for the community through the Rotary Club the next was rejected because it blocks the emergency staff and vehicles hmm don't think so I work there and no emergency staff or vehicles are located there this meets criteria as it is educational then the other was rejected because they said it was not accessible to the public and would not be good as the people living there wouldn't like all these trespassers hmm the plaque is on the top of the building and it sits on a public footpath there is no signs or laws that prohibit walking past the building there are two public paths one right past the front and one across the road.

The Bench was for a person who was an important figure to the community if you read the criteria that is in the part that states if someone or even a building has local significance to the local area it also falls under the part about helping the community via raising money etc to fund new things like they raise money to help families who might just had someone lose a leg etc and they help get them equipment. They do many good things for the community and he wasn't just a founder he also became president of the Rotary Club in 1981 to just before his illness then sady his passing.

Rotarian John Hand died on 15th May and he will be greatly missed. John was a founder member of the Rotary Club of Sherwood Forest in 1972 and remained a dedicated and active member right up to his recent illness. He became president of the club in 1981 and again in 2004 and throughout that time he epitomised the Rotary motto — ‘Service Above Self’.

Much of our work is to help our community and John was very much ‘Mr Community’. Everyone knew John. Whenever we collected for Marie Curie, the British Legion, the Food Bank or our Rotary community collection at Christmas, John was always there. Whilst his fellow Rotarians were signing up for two hour slots, John would be there all day, every day. He met and spoke to countless numbers of local people and they loved seeing him. Latterly, when he was ordered to cut down on his hours we spent a lot of time answering the question “Where’s John?”. He knew so much about the community; knew generations of families and his memory was second to none.

Such was his work for Rotary and in particular the Sherwood Forest Club, that we honoured John with a Paul Harris Fellowship. This award is never given lightly and is a mark of our respect for John Hand, Founder Member, Past President and Paul Harris Fellow.

We asked the members of the Sherwood Forest Club to try to describe John in one word or phrase. Here are some which we are sure you will agree are accurate but you may also be able to add your own: an honourable gentleman; committed to the community; enthusiastic; immaculately dressed, always — even when mowing his lawns; a Rotarian through and through; dedicated; warm-hearted; a good man; mischievous; the consummate host; determined; generous; selfless; a good servant to Rotary and the community.

The impact that John has had on the club and in the community cannot be measured; and John never sought recognition for the work that he did for the benefit of others. In describing John Hand — Rotarian, we could as easily have been describing John Hand the man, the husband, the father and grandfather. Rotary and the community have been very fortunate to have had the pleasure of John Hand in their lives and both will be a little poorer in his passing.

edited July 2020

Let's see.

• The memorial bench is problematic. I've looked up the person it is in the memory of, and he does seem like a prominent member of the local community, but you have to dig quite a lot for this information. Memorial benches are hard to get through by default and your submission isn't very great, to be honest. Memorial benches are only acceptable if the person was a very prominent person and you have to provide a lot of information to make your case. And John Hand seems like a borderline case at best. The title and the description should all be much better and even then, it will always be an uphill battle. This being rejected really isn't something to get upset about.
    • The conference centre does seem to be acceptable, but again, it's not a perfect candidate, either, so presentation is key. Given that it"s attached to a hospital, you need to prove that it's accessible separately, so a better photo would help IMO. It would also be great if you could prove that it has some sort of architectural value because while I think conference centres are generally okay, others might be more strict.
    • The third one is not eligible, plain and simple. I've found it with some googling and even though it used to be a methodist chapel, now it's a private residence, which automatically makes it ineligible. (See "Potentially confusing nominations" in the Help section).

Rotarian John Hand died on 15th May and he will be greatly missed. John was a founder member of the Rotary Club of Sherwood Forest in 1972 and remained a dedicated and active member right up to his recent illness. He became president of the club in 1981 and again in 2004 and throughout that time he epitomised the Rotary motto — ‘Service Above Self’.

Much of our work is to help our community and John was very much ‘Mr Community’. Everyone knew John. Whenever we collected for Marie Curie, the British Legion, the Food Bank or our Rotary community collection at Christmas, John was always there. Whilst his fellow Rotarians were signing up for two hour slots, John would be there all day, every day. He met and spoke to countless numbers of local people and they loved seeing him. Latterly, when he was ordered to cut down on his hours we spent a lot of time answering the question “Where’s John?”. He knew so much about the community; knew generations of families and his memory was second to none.

Such was his work for Rotary and in particular the Sherwood Forest Club, that we honoured John with a Paul Harris Fellowship. This award is never given lightly and is a mark of our respect for John Hand, Founder Member, Past President and Paul Harris Fellow.

We asked the members of the Sherwood Forest Club to try to describe John in one word or phrase. Here are some which we are sure you will agree are accurate but you may also be able to add your own: an honourable gentleman; committed to the community; enthusiastic; immaculately dressed, always — even when mowing his lawns; a Rotarian through and through; dedicated; warm-hearted; a good man; mischievous; the consummate host; determined; generous; selfless; a good servant to Rotary and the community.

The impact that John has had on the club and in the community cannot be measured; and John never sought recognition for the work that he did for the benefit of others. In describing John Hand — Rotarian, we could as easily have been describing John Hand the man, the husband, the father and grandfather. Rotary and the community have been very fortunate to have had the pleasure of John Hand in their lives and both will be a little poorer in his passing.

I read that and I understand where you're coming from. But being a prominent member of the local Rotary Club and a beloved local butcher doesn't really make you a person of interest. Tons of people are prominent members of Rotary Clubs and beloved local figures. My grandfather owned a pub and restaurant people flocked to from afar, he won cooking contests and he was a beloved person. Still, I definitely wouldn't call him a person of interest. Search for other threads on the forum, memorial bench / headstone eligibility for locally known poeple is a hot topic.

You have to prove that he was really, truly important beyond the Rotary Club. That he had achievements that make him notable and interesting for people stopping by. You have to convince non-local reviewers that this bench is worth a stop.

I might be crazy and have no logic but I have proven time and time again the reviewing by players is corrupt and doesn't work. Example be for Pogo players could I got the chance to privately private chat with a high level ingress player who said what I'd been saying about how ingress players where making sure that submissions where controlled and if new players got high enough level and was submitting they would reject based on if their clicky group didn't want that area to have more or if they felt like accepting and that players who got in with the top groups of an area they'd help get submissions in. The system is broken and this isn't just me it is many players.

Alright, one more time.

I'm not questioning that there is a local group who are trying to decide what gets through and what doesn't. This kind of abuse/corruption is real and there is a lot of discussion about it on this forum as well.

However.

You showed us some of your submissions and they are really not that good. They could easily have been rejected without any corruption whatsoever. You have to improve those that could be eligible and learn more about the guidelines, because right now your argument is very weak.

And also: your childish "I'm rejecting everything until my submissions go through" stance that you opened with makes you look really, really, really bad. Partially because it's on the emotional level of my 5-year-old nephew and partially because by rejecting everything you're not really doing anything except tanking your rating and potentially sinking good nominations submitted by people who have done nothing against you.

Look that was said in anger not that it matters as I only just came back to reviewing the other week I have rejected about 20 and accepted 40 since the last few days. I've seen players who hide behind not being able to admit their flaws with a I don't care attitude I do actually care but when you watch submissions that actually aren't valid get past and valid ones get rejected it does make you question why bother. But I'm big enough to say I shouldn't reject etc and the attitude but it was done all wrong. So apology for that but I'm moving on and going back to not reviewing or submitting.

Hi I can understand why it looks bad with your comments but at least your honest and willing to defend how you feel.

I'm not defending anything and there are no feelings involved on my part. I'm telling you why your nominations were rejected and why your comments are received the way they are. I'm trying to help you understand your situation.

Thanks appreciate it your right but I was angry so apologies to all but I'm going back to what I started doing about last August and not submitting or reviewing as the system is still broke. So good luck all.

Sorry just realised the comment posted by me was actually a friend who private messaged me and asked me to share.

The one about understand etc

• Landepaukku-INGLandepaukku-ING Posts: 12 ✭✭

Sorry but this is small potatoes..

Here on middle Finland we try sometimes 6-12 months even museum poi's to get accept.

It's so frustrating and depressing. Same time elsewhere awful tags in electricbox are accept and all playgrounds are 5* poi's. Doesn't matter where they are.

This WF subbimmitting system is so broken now and we have months old nominations waiting confirmation.

So keep trying and trying with your targets! :)